NFL 2022-3

Klassik

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2018
Houston
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Klassik does not have high expectations for Klassik's favorite team, the New York Giants, this season, but it will be nice to at least wash away the disastrous conclusion of the season last year for the Giants. Klassik is curious to see how the new coach of the Giants, Brian Daboll, will do especially with players such as Daniel Jones who are given one last chance to stick with the team.

Of course, NFL seasons are always hard to predict. Who had Cincinnati going to the Super Bowl last year at this time? 😮 Some say the NFL stands for 'Not For Long'. With that in mind, it's really rather pointless to make too many predictions at this point in the season.

Anyway, Klassik has a CD of NFL Films music composed by Sam Spence which Klassik usually plays at the beginning of the season when hopes are high before the Giants often dash those hopes pretty early on. :D Klassik will play that CD tonight or tomorrow night.

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Really enjoying the season so far.
The team that I really enjoy watching, and root for, are the Baltimore Ravens. Last time I looked we are 3 - 2. But the division is weak this year with the Rams having gone 'all-in' last year. They have shot their bolt (and nobody repeats a Superbowl win.
I'm thinking they are lively outsiders for a Superbowl appearance this year, if Lamarr can stay healthy.
Jack

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Time to bring this thread up to date..starting with the divisional standings going into week 15:

AFC
Buffalo 11-3 (won-lost)
Cincinnati 9-4 (Baltimore 9-5)
Titans 7-6
Kansas City 10-3

NFC
Eagles 12-1
Vikings 11-3
Tampa Bay 6-7
San Fran 10-4

The AFC Championship probably rests between the Buffalo Bills and Kansas City.
But who will the winner meet in the Superbowl?

According to the betting it will be either the Eagles or the San Fran 49ers.

The 49ers have lost their starting QB, however, the stand-in Purdy is doing a good job. It remains to be seen if this inexperienced distributer can withstand playoff pressure. San Fran have very good defence,The Eagles look strong allround and Ose on the NFL Show claims thet they are the best team in the League right now.

The Chiefs have Patrick Mahomes - a tremendously versatile and mobile QB. If he stays fit they have a big chance.

I cant see Baltimore getting much further as they have been limited by injuries.

This is a very interesting part of the season which is boiling up to be a must watch for those of us who understand and appreciate the game.

Jack NSM

Reactions: philb36

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Buffalo Bills Safety Hamlin stretchered off after sufferring a cardiac arrest during the big game against the Bengals in the early hours of this (Monday morning, our time).
He is in critical condition.
The game was ended by the officials at 7 - 3 to the Bengals. There are no plans to reschedule.
Hamlin was given CPR on the field.

Jack NSM

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
We are down to 8 teams and the better teams have made it through.
The way the seeding works means that the worst teams in their divisions are drawn against the best, hence there are 4 teams who are odds on to go through to the next round.

Cutting to the chase I have found a bet! Yeh!

Some time ago I formed a negative opinion of Dak Prescott the Dallas Q-back. I had a decent bet on him to win a game and when the chips were down he failed to deliver. His excuse was he couldnt handle the ball in the wet. So if it rains and I know about it I will double my bet - on the 49ers.
The other reason I like a bet on the 49-ers is that they are in the weaker division. Once they get the Cowboys out of the way, they win their next game and they are in the Superbowl.

Once there its even money whoever they meet. If its the Chiefs or the Bills then I'm in a spot of bother, but I have over 4/1 to my money an even money shot!

That's Value - the name of the game.

Jack NSM

Superbowl takes place 12th Febuary.

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
San Francisco managed to beat the Dallas Cowboys 19 - 12, so go through to the Divisional Champs where they play the Eagles.
The bet is still alive.

Jack

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Conference Championships were won by the Philadelphia Eagles (who beat the 49ers, whose QB fell foul of a torn elbow ligament early on) and the Kansas City Chiefs, who beat the Bengals, avenging last year's result.
(Mahomes, the Chief's quarter back injured an ankle in that game and it remains to be seen if his renowned mobility is adversely affected in this - the big one, the SUPERBOWL, k.o. 11 30 pm today our time.)

The build up lasts a week as the Americans dont do things by halves and its worth reprising the NFL Show's coverage which went out last night, whether you are new to the game or not.

The presenters had a ball, as usual, and they are very entertaining (and informative).

The superbowl is one of the world's biggest (and best imo) sports events, whether you get it or not.
There are now several games in Europe which are extremely popular (2 of those I think were in the UK, 1 in Germany).

Looking forward to it.
The halftime show lasts 13 mins and features Rihanna, if that's your cup of tea.
I'll be having a drink, but it wont be tea..

I favour the Eagles but its a game to watch, not to invest in.

Jack NSM

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For the record Kansas City won the Superbowl despite their QB aggravating an ankle injury.
Well done them.
It was a highscoring, exciting game.

Jack NSM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online