Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What's this s bar closing you are talking about ? Does that happen when I am passed out ?

• Haha
Reactions: Tony_J

Ed Howarth

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Apr 17, 2012
Isle of Mull
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And when you take a really expensive, sleek, modern, black desk lamp with you (one that exactly matches a larger standard lamp that SWMBO loves) don't leave it behind in the room. Luckily I've just found an exact copy as replacement. I'm planning on hiding it somewhere where she might come across it. "You see, I knew I hadn't taken it with me. It must have been here all the time."

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If I go I'll walk around with 'A. Jones Audio Designer' on an ID card.

PS. Alcohol in large quantities does not go well with vinyl replay, just sayin'.

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And when you take a really expensive, sleek, modern, black desk lamp with you
a good tip there, hotel bedroom lighting tends towards dim / mood lighting (as well as cost saving) so a IKEA type LED lamp can be useful, essential if playing vinyl. Of course if your room share is a builder and brings a typical builder's non-working extension lead you may struggle. Not that ever happened to me <cough>

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Test every extension lead and cable beforehand, but also expect one or two to mysteriously stop working. There is some force at work, so far unknown to science, that seems to affect interconnects and extension leads when you put them in a car and take them somewhere.

Reactions: MVJ and Tony_J

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Test every extension lead and cable beforehand, but also expect one or two to mysteriously stop working. There is some force at work, so far unknown to science, that seems to affect interconnects and extension leads when you put them in a car and take them somewhere.
This effect isn't limited to cables - anything can be affected unfortunately. Hence, I make sure I pack a rudimentary toolkit - pliers, screwdrivers, wire cutters/strippers, soldering iron, solder, multimeter, etc. Even if your own kit survives the journey there will probably be someone else in need of repair kit.

Wenge1

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 19, 2021
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is that the force that works in opposition to the one that can make cables sound better, all in some sort of sub atomic version of Newton's 3rd law of motion ..... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: MVJ and Tony_J

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is that the force that works in opposition to the one that can make cables sound better, all in some sort of sub atomic version of Newton's 3rd law of motion ..... :ROFLMAO:
No, that's a different force, generated by a strong foo bullshit field.

• Haha
Reactions: MVJ and robin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles