New Toy and lots of chance to faff about .

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@bencat also, I changed the flac compression setting in the config file to the lowest option. You might want to make it higher again if you don't think it makes a difference.

Or if you like experimenting (as I know you do) you can rip some albums with the current setting, then rip them again with the highest compression setting. Then change the names in the metadata using a laptop with MP3Tag so you know which is which as they will have the same name (you can tell them apart in windows explorer by modified time) and see if you can tell any difference. Then report back as this is a disputed area.

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is great that you have put instructions online and want to keep Vortexbox going. I posted on the VB forum that I wanted to start a new support group somewhere else (ie here) in case the VB forum goes down. I could start an owner's club and we could post there. I will also try and copy the text of some key posts over if people there don't mind.

I really want to get the album art going as it's the one thing that bugs me having to add them on my laptop later (although I can still apply the art to the files on the Zen, they don't need copying to the laptop first).

Plus I've just seen the warning on Squeezer about upgrading LMS so will do that at the same time.

slavedata

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 2, 2009
Bottesford Melton
AKA
Dave Slater
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I upgraded all my Zens to the latest Vortexbox, and changed the ripping config file to get metadata as it needed changing. The last things to do are get the album art grabber to work again (there's a file on the Vortexbox forum that apparently works) and upgraded LMS as per the above instructions. Then lo and behold we should have nicely working but cheap 3Tb server/rippers 😁
I would appreciate your input on the ripping config file and the album art grabber to fine tune my Vortexbox box. I think despite the lack of updates it's a fine piece of software that we can keep going supported with the same model of support that drives LMS.

Reactions: Lawrence001

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would appreciate your input on the ripping config file and the album art grabber to fine tune my Vortexbox box. I think despite the lack of updates it's a fine piece of software that we can keep going supported with the same model of support that drives LMS.
I'll be posting details up in the new Vortexbox owners club in the next few minutes. I also posted a link to your post above and knighted you as the resident forum expert on Vortexbox , hope you don't mind too much 😂

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@bencat RM just collected the (double boxed) Zen by 48hr service, (an hour later than the end of the estimated window) but hopefully it will be with you on Tuesday next week.

Reactions: bencat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online