New advanced Klimax Power Amp

peter@57m

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 4, 2015
Surrey, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Given Philbo's explanation of the new amplifier feedback in the 360 using FPGAs it would seem reasonable that a power amp product using a similar approach will be on the cards for the Klimax range.
Makes sense

I wonder if a new amp precludes Utopik for existing Solo owners - I hope not 🤞

Reactions: Paulssurround

Chris 1970

Love colors in music
Wammer Plus
Aug 16, 2021
France
AKA
Christophe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As the 360 passive version will be the only Linn speaker to connect to external amps in passive or active…

Is there a market for NG Klimax solos and Twins????

Before, you had a choice of passive speakers and a range of amps.
But now?

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Given Philbo's explanation of the new amplifier feedback in the 360 using FPGAs it would seem reasonable that a power amp product using a similar approach will be on the cards for the Klimax range.
Since in the 360s each amp is bespoke to its respective driver, I'm having difficulty imagining an external amp with the same Power DAC and adaptive bias technology.

Chris 1970

Love colors in music
Wammer Plus
Aug 16, 2021
France
AKA
Christophe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
but then you'd need a DAC as part of the amp as the Exakt signal is digital

Very good point…

And that would mean a new Exaktbox before – without DACs and with 6 Exakt outputs – to only separate the registers?

Isn't it a lot of NG products – again – for only one speaker?

Chris 1970

Love colors in music
Wammer Plus
Aug 16, 2021
France
AKA
Christophe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The more I think about the future of external boxes (amp and DAC) in the Linn world, the more it seems too complex for a too little market… like a total non-sense in the end!

Seems that Michael @akamatsu got it before us. :)

Of course, it remains the possibility of keeping your system as it is. But again, dead end.

GeraldS

Wammer
Oct 10, 2022
Nürnberg / Germany
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Very good point…

And that would mean a new Exaktbox before – without DACs and with 6 Exakt outputs – to only separate the registers?

Isn't it a lot of NG products – again – for only one speaker?
Hallo, if this will come I think you don´t need an exaktbox with exakt inlets and outlets, you only daisy chain from one to the other, all crossovers are software.

Reactions: Chris 1970

ThomasOK

LP12 Whisperer, Lejonklou importer
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Westland, MI USA
AKA
Thomas O'Keefe
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
As the 360 passive version will be the only Linn speaker to connect to external amps in passive or active…

But now?
What makes you think the passive 360 will be the only Linn speaker to connect to external amps,,,?

Bianchennero

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 16, 2023
Italia
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

But now?
I am sorry, but I don't understand. No Linn speaker?! The market is full of good loudspeakers.

Chris 1970

Love colors in music
Wammer Plus
Aug 16, 2021
France
AKA
Christophe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What makes you think the passive 360 will be the only Linn speaker to connect to external amps,,,?

Only because of the fresh Linn presentation of their speakers on Linn Docs:
I can be wrong, but it says load one only chance to connect to external amps now…

Linn_speakers.jpeg

Chris 1970

Love colors in music
Wammer Plus
Aug 16, 2021
France
AKA
Christophe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am sorry, but I don't understand. No Linn speaker?! The market is full of good loudspeakers.

As told to @ThomasOK , today seems to be an Exakt Only oriented moment, for Linn…

If the only passive Linn speaker now is the 360 PWAB, then the number of customers for future Linn NG Klimax amps would not be extremely high, no?

ThomasOK

LP12 Whisperer, Lejonklou importer
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Westland, MI USA
AKA
Thomas O'Keefe
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Only because of the fresh Linn presentation of their speakers on Linn Docs:
I can be wrong, but it says load one only chance to connect to external amps now…

Linn_speakers.jpeg
Note that I also highlighted your words will be. Indicating not present but future...

• Upvote
Reactions: Chris 1970

Chris 1970

Love colors in music
Wammer Plus
Aug 16, 2021
France
AKA
Christophe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And IF some NG Klimax amps or/and new cards for Solos/Twins are scheduled – being even better than the integrated ones in the Exakt 360 – it would be smart to tell…

I don't see a customer buying Exakt 360s today, and changing them two years later for 360 PWAB, to be able to add six NG Klimax amps!
Even more for Exakt 350 and Komris current owners… 😱

Last edited:

Chris 1970

Love colors in music
Wammer Plus
Aug 16, 2021
France
AKA
Christophe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Note that I also highlighted your words will be. Indicating not present but future...

Sorry, crossing messages :)

I did see your highlight, but that's the impression I got today.

New Selekt and Majik passive and active speakers would enlarge the choice and budget, with the capacity to connect Linn and non Linn amps, of course!

Last edited:

Bianchennero

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 16, 2023
Italia
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As told to @ThomasOK , today seems to be an Exakt Only oriented moment, for Linn…

If the only passive Linn speaker now is the 360 PWAB, then the number of customers for future Linn NG Klimax amps would not be extremely high, no?
Thank you for answer.
Linn must also makes speakers and ampli in passive configuration, because this market is too little to think to do only exakt systems

sunbeamgls

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 19, 2011
North Wales
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I suppose one could envisage such an Exakt amplifier. Six of them, say, would replace an Exaktbox and six Solos.

That might explain why there’s been no announcement of a roll out of Utopik for the existing Klimax range. It might never come for the Klimax Exaktbox and Solo.
I suspect Utopik will come for the existing Klimax range, with the possible exception of the 350 modules as it might come as part of a complete module upgrade (Organik II, if you will) rather than as a standalone upgrade, which may irritate some. Pure speculation of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles