Naim

Mr Kandid

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
May 29, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Best not to coil cables just zigzag fold or figure eight. (y)
DCC914FB-C551-49EC-889A-787E6710C830.jpeg

2010*zuma

Super Wammer
Wammer
Nov 12, 2011
Caerphilly castle
AKA
Young Neil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Me personally I only gravitate towards front end Naim, in my system the NDX streamer works like a true gem. Think on my 4th or 5th one. Forget the power supplies for this ime. They get a bad rep, I think the reason Is when people go all out on full Naim system, this would not be for me.

Reactions: hiesteem

I.D.S.

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 14, 2021
Has anybody got or had any Avondaled Naim equipment? Presently have a TPR4 fitted to my HiCap (instead of DR) and now see they offer a ASR2 to fit to the Hicap.
Thinking of possible amp change/upgrade:unsure:

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Naim Nait XS3 incoming ! 😎

I saw a deal, and I'm looking forward to trying the Naim sound. PRAT and all that.
I’ve heard the XS1 & 2, I thought they were excellent. I thought the XS1 was better than the Supernait 1.

Look forward to your findings.

Cheers BB

Bigwig07

Wammer
Wammer
May 28, 2016
Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve heard the XS1 & 2, I thought they were excellent. I thought the XS1 was better than the Supernait 1.

Look forward to your findings.

Cheers BB

Well I've been listening to it for a couple of weeks now (listening with Stirling LS3/5a V3's). It is very good. I wanted to hear the Naim sound - which I'd describe as 'vivid', everything seems enhanced and forward but without going over the top or adding a screeching treble.

Having said that, i think I prefer my excellent Leema Tucana 2 (more driving/architectural) or Sugden A21a Sig (musical, emotional) - which i think are 'next level' - but I'm yet to try back to back. So I'm looking to upgrade to the Supernait I think. It's down to personal preferences, speaker matching etc - as usual.

Naim Nait XS3 is currently for sale (on other forums eg PFM, and probably with the WAM once i take a photo), and comes highly recommended.

Last edited:

Bigwig07

Wammer
Wammer
May 28, 2016
Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well I've been listening to it for a couple of weeks now (listening with Stirling LS3/5a V3's). It is very good. I wanted to hear the Naim sound - which I'd describe as 'vivid', everything seems enhanced and forward but without going over the top or adding a screeching treble.

Having said that, i think I prefer my excellent Leema Tucana 2 (more driving/architectural) or Sugden A21a Sig (musical, emotional) - which i think are 'next level' - but I'm yet to try back to back. So I'm looking to upgrade to the Supernait I think. It's down to personal preferences, speaker matching etc - as usual.

Naim Nait XS3 is currently for sale (on other forums eg PFM, and probably with the WAM once i take a photo), and comes highly recommended.
Actually the XS3 isn't far off either on drive or emotion

Bigwig07

Wammer
Wammer
May 28, 2016
Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Further XS3 Update.

I've been listening again tonight and it was really good. The manual says it needs a month to run in, and it's sounding powerful, smoother with better soundstaging. I'm very impressed.

Listening with Proac DB1's - a great match

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
You’re teasing me now, I have DB1s too. Alas no more new toys until we move house.

I listened to the new Classic 200 stuff at The Audio Show East on Saturday, I thought they sounded great. Would love to try them with my speakers.

Cheers BB

I.D.S.

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 14, 2021
So a whole rart of new products have broken cover at the HiFi show.
Anybody planning an audition?

I.D.S.

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 14, 2021
Just learn't of the shocking news Witch Hat has ceased trading,announced on their FaceBook page:cry:

• Sad
Reactions: eddie-baby

hiesteem

peacebro
Wammer
Feb 6, 2019
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had a good listen to the latest 200 classic series at Future Audio in east grinsead a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised.
It sounds more like the original Naim in presentation than the latter.
However it's much more refined and resolves a lot of detail, separating out instruments more than the later Naim amps which sound smoother and not as resolving for my taste. There is no doubt in my mind it's a different sounding Naim and one that would give me consideration to return to Naim.
I listened through Spendor D7.2 and the resolution, power and detail were impressive.
I think this series of Naim will liven up most British speakers and work well.
I do believe there are a few more watts on tap with the 250 Classic which is always bonus.

Reactions: Brown Bottle

I.D.S.

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 14, 2021
Well well not sure what Naim had in mind when they specced these spikes on the nSub😳 Presently trying some Isoacoustic pucks as my spike experiment continues 🤔 596C619F-3498-475C-8E4A-13EA3FC61656.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles