Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A Wigwam marketplace for sales and swaps of valves only

Adverts are welcome on the basis of pure sales (only relatively low-priced valves please) or swaps (any valves).

Please note: The standard rules for classified adverts are being relaxed only for this thread. Therefore photographs are not a requirement and if you are inviting swaps or (part) exchanges, prices are not compulsory.

135x135.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Upvote
Reactions: Gavind and Bazzer

Psilonaught

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2007
Saffron Walden
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Jazid

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2009
London
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Might get this in early so all can see:
I have a 'surprising' number of radio valves from the 30s to 50s, mostly of little/no monetary value despite fanciful eBay sellers, if anyone needs something it's worth a PM [emoji4]. Happy for swaps and all sorts, also *MOD ALERT* valve sockets, top caps, and valve related paraphenalia.

Phew, did I get away with that [emoji83]

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You got away with everything except the unauthorised and incorrect use of the word 'surprising' :D

Reactions: Mark the Ming

Disarmamant

Certified foo free
Wammer
Mar 30, 2013
Brackley, Northants
AKA
Martin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Please note: The standard rules for classified adverts are being relaxed only for this thread. Therefore photographs are not a requirement and if you are inviting swaps or (part) exchanges, prices are not compulsory.
Could I be so bold as to question the wisdom of allowing adverts without photographs please?

A while ago now I had a bad experience in the classifieds on this forum.

A currently active member posted a for sale advert for a quad of new JJ Electronic EL34 valves without any photographs of the items for sale.

Foolishly I did not ask for any pictures as the seller was an active forum member. However after I bought the valves and they turned up in the post they were not what was advertised, in the JJ Electronic boxes were four knackered Svetlana EL34’s.

When I contacted the seller I found out he was selling them on behalf of a friend and he told me to contact his friend. The friend denied that he had sent me anything other than the new JJ valves and accused me of being a liar, it didn’t end well and I still have the knackered quad of EL34’s. The forum member who placed the advert washed his hands of all responsibility.

My feelings are photographs of valves on offer for sale or swap should really be obligatory to reduce the risk of dissatisfaction.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Photographs for expensive items of equipment primarily have nothing to do with the item per se. It is simply that it is relatively easy to use various reverse search and searches on the Internet in order to check that it is not someone else's photo that is being used. This is the most common (and fallen for) scam, when someone offers 'their' item for sale and uses another picture pulled from the web.

Pictures of an item of course offer absolutely no guarantee that the item that is sent will be the one that is pictured.

The thread was allowed as people specifically asked for it on this basis. The expectation is that it will be used exactly as it is being so far: for experienced and well-known members to swap and trade valves without a lot of fuss.

The rules for the normal classifieds have not changed and it has been noted on more than one occasion that members should please report any thread that does not comply with these rules. The thread here will be monitored, but as always, all sales have to be on the basis of caveat emptor. It also has to be noted that we do not have endless time to monitor everything, and if the thread gets abused, it will simply be closed down.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Could I be so bold as to question the wisdom of allowing adverts without photographs please?

A while ago now I had a bad experience in the classifieds on this forum.

A currently active member posted a for sale advert for a quad of new JJ Electronic EL34 valves without any photographs of the items for sale.

Foolishly I did not ask for any pictures as the seller was an active forum member. However after I bought the valves and they turned up in the post they were not what was advertised, in the JJ Electronic boxes were four knackered Svetlana EL34’s.

When I contacted the seller I found out he was selling them on behalf of a friend and he told me to contact his friend. The friend denied that he had sent me anything other than the new JJ valves and accused me of being a liar, it didn’t end well and I still have the knackered quad of EL34’s. The forum member who placed the advert washed his hands of all responsibility.

My feelings are photographs of valves on offer for sale or swap should really be obligatory to reduce the risk of dissatisfaction.
It's fair warning, I have bought off one person on here and that was a less than perfect transaction, c'est la vie. Don't be too trusting even if they are a long standing member.

Jazid

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2009
London
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Me too, actually a...a..swap  :eek:  but on AoS

He got two NOS Tesla ECC83 valves from me, I got two knackered Mazdas in return. His response? 

"That's a pity"

His AoS name is AGK, Andrew is all the rest I can recall. 

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a pair of 1951 Sylvania 6SN7GT "Bad Boys" (we'll that's what is printed on the box). They have about 20 hrs on them, happy to send out for audition, if kept then £75, if not then £5 (PPG) to cover my P&P costs. 

Or maybe swap for 1 or 2 pairs of nice rich sounding ecc83/12AX7 for my Jolida DAC. Currently have JJs in but would like to try Mullard and maybe something else

enrae8

T otally W asted A t T imes
Wammer Plus
Sep 8, 2012
Blackpool
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Reactions: vinyl4ever

marko

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 20, 2007
N.Yorkshire.
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A very rare pair of MINT condition, unused NOS SIEMENS F2a’s. I bought these maybe fourteen years ago (along with a pair of Western Electric 300B’s) as a spare pair when I owned a beautiful Shindo Cortese F2a and have never been inserted into an amplifier. F2a’s are the industrial version of The 300B, with an expected lifetime of 50.000 hours! 
For sale @ £220, including RMSD. At this crazy price, no offers please. This is a UK only sale. Thanks for looking. M

34243A04-ED65-411C-8BB3-740344153692.jpeg

D43FB0DC-44C9-4C95-9A8A-885E569FFA3E.jpeg

Reactions: dave

bhope58122

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 18, 2020
Shrewsbury
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Matched Quad of 1950's Tungsram EL84 with Windmill Getter. 

Recently bought, but I found them not to my taste. Ideally like to swap them for another matched Quad of EL84 (or equivalent fitting), or will sell for £95 Inc P&P. PayPal F&F, or £100 G&S. 

Actual measurements

#1 tube Ia1 = 55 mA

#2 tube Ia1 = 55 mA

#3 tube Ia1 = 55 mA

#4 tube Ia1 = 56 mA

where 100% is A = 48 mA

Tubes are measured by the professional tube tester L3-3

Screenshot_20201018_170837.jpg

pmcuk

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 12, 2015
Kensington, London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
WANTED - EL12 valves. EL12Spez is OK too. Not EL12n.

If you have any you are not using please contact me - I'm experimenting with them in a project.

I have drawers full of very desirable valves so a swap might be useful for both parties. 

martinm

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2005
St Albans
AKA
Martin
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I recently had one of my NOS Ei El84 (white writing ones) go on me. If anyone has a lonely one spare I'd be interested to purchase one, so complete back up spare set.

I've replaced with new gold lions which sound fairly happy out of the box.

I also opened up my Dac as it's been getting a little noisy too and realised it actually has 2 different ECC88's running in there. a sovtek and a voskhod

6N2P 6Н2П

They looked exactly the same writing was so faint on them both that i'd never realised. I've order a spare and a couple of Cv2492 KB/AD which i think might be Brimar NOS.

But would be interested if anyone has anything from the E88CC ilk that could be worth trying in an Audio note DAC

Also I'd be interested to try some NOS ECC83 as an alternative to my Ei's if anyone has anything

Thanks Martin

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I recently had one of my NOS Ei El84 (white writing ones) go on me. If anyone has a lonely one spare I'd be interested to purchase one, so complete back up spare set.

I've replaced with new gold lions which sound fairly happy out of the box.

I also opened up my Dac as it's been getting a little noisy too and realised it actually has 2 different ECC88's running in there. a sovtek and a voskhod

6N2P 6Н2П

They looked exactly the same writing was so faint on them both that i'd never realised. I've order a spare and a couple of Cv2492 KB/AD which i think might be Brimar NOS.

But would be interested if anyone has anything from the E88CC ilk that could be worth trying in an Audio note DAC

Also I'd be interested to try some NOS ECC83 as an alternative to my Ei's if anyone has anything

Thanks Martin
Which are you after as you have a mix of cc83 & 83cc above, and to the best of my knowledge (very limited) they are different animals with different requirements. 

martinm

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2005
St Albans
AKA
Martin
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Which are you after as you have a mix of cc83 & 83cc above, and to the best of my knowledge (very limited) they are different animals with different requirements. 
Hi Lurch

Thanks,

I'll double check but everything I've been reading says they are interchangable. Good write up here not far down the page http://audiotubes.com/12ax7.htm I think I've used both E83CC and E803CCS in my amp and interested to roll some other

I've E88CC's in my dac ( from 2 different brands), and I'm interested in those too, but have some used Cv2492 KB/AD coming to test/replace

Thanks

Martin 

PS just realised I hadn't made clear in my original post 88's for the dac and 83's for my amp! :doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles