Linn Owners

Linn Sizmik Sub - Wobbly foot

Mr2102

Wammer
Sep 20, 2019
So I've got a Sizmik sub where one of the black rubber feet is wobbly.

It feels as though there is an issue with how the foot threads onto whatever attaches it to the main box.

I can see that there is a rubber stuck on pad between the foot and where it would sit on the floor which it might be possible to remove to investigate further.

Before I poke around I wanted to check if anyone else had any experience of this, any further insight into what's going on, or maybe even any service documentation etc (or maybe even just useful thoughts/suggestions :) )

Thanks!

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I can see that there is a rubber stuck on pad between the foot and where it would sit on the floor which it might be possible to remove to investigate further.
I‘m pretty sure you’re correct. That pad should cover the screw head. I’m sure I investigated, once, as I thought about fitting spikes instead. Either that, or the whole foot should unscrew, in which case the captive screw head has broken free and you’ll have no option but to expose it.

’troll

Last edited:

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a Sizmik and would like to lend a hand, but I'm having trouble understanding the problem.
Having trouble visualizing this. Is the "rubber stuck on pad" original, or added afterwards? Mine has four inverted dome shaped feet made of rubber.

Mr2102

Wammer
Sep 20, 2019
Thanks for the replies.

The stuck on rubber pad is original, hopefully the picture shows what I was trying to say :)

Hmm will have to think about whether to investifate further an risk making worse or leave as is...

Reactions: akamatsu

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for the replies.

The stuck on rubber pad is original, hopefully the picture shows what I was trying to say :)

Hmm will have to think about whether to investifate further an risk making worse or leave as is...
Okay. I just saw the photo. Perhaps my memory is a bit fuzzy. I'll have a look at mine and add to this conversation if I find anything useful. :)

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I just had a look. Mine are the same as yours. So my memory is fuzzy. I tried grabbing the pod and unscrewing it. It wouldn't budge, and I didn't want to torque it too much for fear of ending up in your situation. If me, I'd turn it over, unscrew the wobbly foot, and figure it out from there. You're probably already doing this. :)

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The stuck on rubber pad is original, hopefully the picture shows what I was trying to say
Yes, that’s what I was expecting. Is the footer loose on the bolt, or does it just need turning to screw it back in to the box? IIRC, that plug can be popped out. As @akamatsu has found, those feet are screwed in with quite a high torque - at a guess, 3-4 Nm.

’troll

Reactions: akamatsu

Mr2102

Wammer
Sep 20, 2019
Thanks for your thoughts :)

I carefully heated the pad to help remove it and it turns out it's just glued on.

There's then a screw which just had to be tightened and it's now as good as new!

I'll add a picture in case it helps anyone else in the future but thanks again!

IMG_4149.JPG

Jail4CEOs2

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2018
Taiwan
AKA
LG G2 65 OLED
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I have just replaced the feet on my Majik 126 with SVS Soundpath feet. Their Amazon reviews are generally quite good. I haven't actually listened to them yet as the power supply capacitor problem struck and it had to go to the electronics repair guru. The feet were were glued on rubber disks on CAST IRON feet. These feet were bolted into sleeves with hex head bolts. I had to source slightly shorter ones as the Soundpaths are essentially rubber held in pressed sheet metal, so I was worried reusing the (too long now?) Linn fasteners could mean they intruded into the cabinet.

I was mightily impressed the weight of the feet, and that they were cast iron. I worry the SVS units are not as heavy. They will protect my neighbors, and provide firmer footing though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles