Linn Owners

Linn at Bristol Hifi show

PhilCO

Wammer
Dec 26, 2022
Trowbridge, Wilstshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi! Is anyone at the Bristol show? I’m really curious to know how the Titans are being driven from the Selekt DSM. On their Instagram post, they described them as being driven from a “Stereo Power Amp” but they are being driven “fully Exakt”. My understanding was “Exakt” in this scenario would actually mean actively driven via 2 amps and thus bypassing the internal crossovers in the Titan speakers - but I cannot understand how this would be possible by “a stereo power amp”. Maybe it was just a typo and they mean two stereo power amps?

Could someone clarify for me? (Sorry likely a stupid newbie question)

Also if they are running two power amp (modules) - would they also need two Organik DACs?

If anyone’s there - how does it sound?

Phil

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Last edited:
Reactions: PhilCO

Suffolkboy

Wammer
Apr 19, 2020
Hi! Is anyone at the Bristol show? I’m really curious to know how the Titans are being driven from the Selekt DSM. On their Instagram post, they described them as being driven from a “Stereo Power Amp” but they are being driven “fully Exakt”. My understanding was “Exakt” in this scenario would actually mean actively driven via 2 amps and thus bypassing the internal crossovers in the Titan speakers - but I cannot understand how this would be possible by “a stereo power amp”. Maybe it was just a typo and they mean two stereo power amps?

Also if they are running two power amp (modules) - would they also need two Organik DACs?

Phil
As far as I know, they are using 2 stereo amps, each with an organik dac.
The selekt will accommodate up to 3 power amps.
This will be an exakt crossover.

Reactions: DB1328

Mark B

Wammer
Feb 23, 2022
North East
www.kudosaudio.com
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes

Phil
Yes definitely driven by two stereo amps with Organik DAC.

Reactions: PhilCO

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online