Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is this the year we see Linn release new speakers and Organik upgrades extended to Akubariks, Akudoriks and Akurate Exaktboxes?

Will there be a newer Mark 2 versions of Akubariks and Akudoriks?  

A replacement for the 350?

‘With Linn’s success  rolling out higher end Next Generation  Klimax Hubs and DSM’s, will Linn start introducing other upscale no holds barred products

An Ekstatik version of the LP12?

Reintroduction of a Komri level speaker that is named the Ekstatik 

Majik level speakers with built in Class D amplification?

Space Optimisation version 3 that allows easier setup and implementation for novice users, with a step by step automated walk through the whole process using video assistance when you log into your Linn account. The Linn account prompts you through all the steps using video clips at each step as you input all the steps. The newest version of Space Optimisation will also have advanced features available for more advanced user that will allow custom filters, accommodations for room acoustics treatments and furniture placement that could effect upper bass, mids and highs

Linn subwoofers?

Linn optical bridge that replaces the need for a switch.

Linn audiophile level switches and power supplies.

Linn centre channel  speakers with built in amplification. 

Your ideas?

Bladvoc

Wammer
Mar 16, 2017
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Any of those would be good but main hope is for organik in the akurate exakt boxes.

Beyond that not sure it really matters for me, can't afford the jump from akurate level to klimax so will just enjoy what i have

Jail4CEOs2

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2018
Taiwan
AKA
LG G2 65 OLED
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Subwoofer with Exakt built in, but also with analog inputs, using class D amplification. Wireless would be cool, but there is nothing in the DSM range with broadest abilities. There are several existing sub manufacturers that have wireless dongle setups.

Reactions: Paulssurround

Bob Chapman

Grandie Bob
Wammer
Sep 24, 2019
UK
AKA
Bob C.
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Some dealers remain cool, if not hostile, on the subject of sub-woofers. I run an exactboxi/active pair of LK109/Majik speakers on a piece of furniture with an exact sub-box talking to a pair of REL T5i subwoofers. I describe these as my pair of split floor standing speakers. Domestically it’s the only practical option for me and I’m pleased with the outcome. No  slamming or floor shaking bass just nicely integrated extended range with a bit of extra defined punch when called for. The dealer had no resistance to helping me configure them for SO. Quite the opposite. Subs were criticised in years past for being unmusical/one note suitable for a/v only. Technology has moved on, not all opinions have changed to follow The dealer and I are content to agree to disagree in the meantime. Until he eventually agrees no doubt. 

Reactions: Pedro2 and JensA

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Some dealers remain cool, if not hostile, on the subject of sub-woofers. I run an exactboxi/active pair of LK109/Majik speakers on a piece of furniture with an exact sub-box talking to a pair of REL T5i subwoofers. I describe these as my pair of split floor standing speakers. Domestically it’s the only practical option for me and I’m pleased with the outcome. No  slamming or floor shaking bass just nicely integrated extended range with a bit of extra defined punch when called for. The dealer had no resistance to helping me configure them for SO. Quite the opposite. Subs were criticised in years past for being unmusical/one note suitable for a/v only. Technology has moved on, not all opinions have changed to follow The dealer and I are content to agree to disagree in the meantime. Until he eventually agrees no doubt. 
Very interesting.

Most dealers in North America sell different brands subwoofers and are supportive of integrating them into a HIFi system 

‘I used to run a pair of Ninkas with an REL subwoofer, and I thought it really added a lot to the music listening experience.

There are lots of brands of of subwoofers that are considered very musical, such as JL, REL, Velodyne and others.

ThomasOK

LP12 Whisperer, Lejonklou importer
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Westland, MI USA
AKA
Thomas O'Keefe
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
When Linn announced the Organik DAC technology I heard they thought it would likely take a couple of years for them to sandwich it into Akurate units (it doesn't exactly take a tiny amount of real estate in the KDSMO).  So that would put it to 2023, which also being their 50th anniversary would be a good time for a few new products.  In addition that gives them more time to spend on R&D which has likely been compromised at least somewhat by the COVID mess and just trying to get products out the door.

I already have an Ekstatik LP12 and I don't see the Ekstatik name being used for other products as cartridge names have never been used elsewhere and have always had individual names.  An individual name for a top speaker would be possible but I expect it would be something different.  If it goes the way of the new KDSM maybe the Gigantik?  But it is just as likely to be a Klimax something.  I don't think Linn plans to have a product line above Klimax and the KDSMO is a good indication of that.  After all where do you go after Klimax?  Post-Klimax?  Klimax Plus?  Klimax Ultra?  (Sounds too much like a marital aid.)  Certainly not Anti-Klimax!  So I expect they will stick with Klimax for their best gear but it may get bigger and more expensive, they've already set the stage!

I don't really see Linn getting back into subwoofers in any big way, nor would I expect network pieces like switches - it's just not their thing.  Center channels would make sense as they have showed renewed interest in surround sound with their electronics, but I would expect that not to come out until they refresh their speaker line.

Something new for the LP12 could be a possibility.  They told us a while ago that they had increased R&D spending in the LP12 division and that we would be seeing new products pretty much each year for a while.  Karousel in 2020 and Radikal 2 and Ekstatik in 2021 follow up on that.  With the Ekstatik they also said they didn't see the need to stick to three levels of perfromance.  So we have four levels of cartridge, I think there is room for five.  The gap from the $854 Adikt 3 to the $2235 Krystal is sizable and I'd love to see how much better they could make a MM cartridge for those that don't want the considerable expense of a really good MC phono stage to make MC worthwhile and the expense and inconvenience of cartridge trade-ins when the stylus wears out.  We really have four levels of motor/power supply too with Majik, Lingo 4, Radikal 2 standard and KRadikal 2 (as those who have owned ARadikal and KRadikal will attest).  To me a simplified Lingo for the Majik LP12 would be wonderful.  I really (REALLY) don't like the slip over pulley, electronic switching of 33.3 and 45 is the way to go.  Now that they have a 12 Volt motor, as used in the Lingo 4, let's put it to good use.  Rega has an electronic speed control for their 24 Volt synchronous motor that runs $445 and seems to work quite well.  Certainly Linn should be able to come up with something along those lines and move it and the 12 Volt motor into the Majik LP12.  Also I've been asking for an Ittok 4 or 5 for years (whatever name you want to give it) and it would certainly be nice to see.  Who knows what else could be in the works and anything big might be held for 2023.  (Or maybe not as the 40th anniversary LP12s only truly new part was the Kandid, though that was a substantial upgrade.  I suppose for some the whiskey was also a substantial upgrade!😉)

So there are just some thoughts of mine on the subject.  None of this has anything to do with inside knowledge, just educated guesses on what they won't do and a wish list of things I would like to see.

Oh yeah, and I certainly wouldn't be holding my breath for a passive BBC style speaker from Linn, I think it is more likely Linn decides to get into the dishwasher business.😁

Dasher

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
‘I used to run a pair of Ninkas with an REL subwoofer, and I thought it really added a lot to the music listening experience.
I agree. I wouldn't be without my Sizmiks supplementing the Espeks now. I think that one problem many have with 2 channel plus sub is that they actually have the sub doing far too much. With the Espeks two is also far better than one!

Adding centre speakers to the range would be interesting. It may be technically difficult though - and this just may be why we haven't seen it so far. I'm just not sure how the xK arrays work with the spoken voice - and this is what they would have to handle - and blend- in a 5.1 (5.2) system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linn-LP12

Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Wireless exakt 😁
One of the main features of Exakt is the perfect time alignment. With wireless this would be very difficult to achieve due environmental factors - wireless is highly prone to interference from other wireless technologies. Although you may not notice it yourself during normal WiFi use in the home it would play havoc with Exakt timing.

Now if Linn could acquire exclusive use of an appropriate RF band (worldwide 🤔) and apply an equivalent 802.11ax protocol then Exakt may possibly be a option over wireless. 😏

Reactions: Coalboy68

Coalboy68

Life in the fast Linn
Wammer
Dec 30, 2020
NE England
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I agree. I wouldn't be without my Sizmiks supplementing the Espeks now. I think that one problem many have with 2 channel plus sub is that they actually have the sub doing far too much. With the Espeks two is also far better than one!

Adding centre speakers to the range would be interesting. It may be technically difficult though - and this just may be why we haven't seen it so far. I'm just not sure how the xK arrays work with the spoken voice - and this is what they would have to handle - and blend- in a 5.1 (5.2) system.
The 225 and 340 centre speakers had 3K arrays and the 225 sounds pretty good as a centre in my exakt system, it is very large though, so the 340 must be huge. 

another wish list would be the organic DAC board to upgrade your NGKSH 

Reactions: Paulssurround

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online