kryno

Nicolav
Wammer
Oct 22, 2018
AKA
Nicola
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m quite interested if they can be used with one Klimax Exaktbox. Maybe Exaktlink for the bass input? I’ll try and find out.
I don’t think so, the 360 is a three way + bass and the klimax exaktbox has only six outputs. So you need two.

ThomasOK

LP12 Whisperer, Lejonklou importer
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Westland, MI USA
AKA
Thomas O'Keefe
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I’m quite interested if they can be used with one Klimax Exaktbox. Maybe Exaktlink for the bass input? I’ll try and find out.
Yes, the unannounced speaker we aren't able to talk about until after the embargo ends on April 21st only needs one Klimax Exaktbox crossover. It is only the three ways that are passive, the dual bass drivers are always active with their own special amp and their crossover is part of that. This was made quite clear at the event.

Chris 1970

Love colors in music
Wammer Plus
Aug 16, 2021
France
AKA
Christophe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, the unannounced speaker we aren't able to talk about until after the embargo ends on April 21st only needs one Klimax Exaktbox crossover. It is only the three ways that are passive, the dual bass drivers are always active with their own special amp and their crossover is part of that. This was made quite clear at the event.

But you need a source (so an Organik dac) for the bass part of the music. No ?

Like today with 350 and Komris…:unsure:

Reactions: Newton John

Newton John

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
But you need a source (so an Organik dac) for the bass part of the music. No ?

Like today with 350 and Komris…:unsure:
That’s what I presumed. Three Exakt channels for external power amps and one channel for the active bass. This makes four for each stereo channel so two Exaktboxes would be required.

Perhaps, the bass has a Cat 6 type input for the Exakt signal. If that’s the case, one Exaktbox may suffice.

No doubt all will become clear when Linn announce more information about the product .

Even if it works with one Exaktbox, two may sound better.

Last edited:

Chris 1970

Love colors in music
Wammer Plus
Aug 16, 2021
France
AKA
Christophe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That’s what I presumed. Three Exakt channels for external power amps and one channel for the active bass. This makes four for each stereo channel so two Exaktboxes would be required.

Perhaps, the bass has a Cat 6 type input for the Exakt signal. If that’s the case, one Exaktbox may suffice.

No doubt all will become clear when Linn announce more information about the product .

Even if it works with one Exaktbox, two may sound better.
Even with a Cat 6 on the bass part of the 360, it needs to be feed with a bass only signal, so a separate Organik dac…

Or… the Organik dac for the bass is INSIDE the speaker, then just connected with Exact link?

• Upvote
Reactions: akamatsu

Piercro

Linner from ages
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Milan
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I think that 360 would work like 350. If so you will have 4 binding post (with the need of an amplified signal) and an XLR for amplified bass. For this reason you will need a Klimax exaktbox for each speaker and 4 amplification channel that could be 4 solo or 2 twin each speaker.

Suffolkboy

Wammer
Apr 19, 2020
I think that 360 would work like 350. If so you will have 4 binding post (with the need of an amplified signal) and an XLR for amplified bass. For this reason you will need a Klimax exaktbox for each speaker and 4 amplification channel that could be 4 solo or 2 twin each speaker.
No it only needs 6 channels of amplification. The bass units have onboard amplification.

Last edited:
Reactions: Piercro

kryno

Nicolav
Wammer
Oct 22, 2018
AKA
Nicola
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don’t think so, the 360 is a three way + bass and the klimax exaktbox has only six outputs. So you need two.
I’m sorry I only learned yesterday that the 360 woofers do not need to be connected to the exaktbox (unlike the 350 that require it) because they use a new technology that allows them to connect via exakt link.
So it’s like a pure three way so you only need one exaktbox.
Sorry for the inaccuracy.

Last edited:
  • Upvote
Reactions: Mark B and akamatsu

Josaa2

Wammer
Nov 21, 2021
Uppsala, Sweden
AKA
Johan
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I’m sorry I only learned yesterday that the 360 woofers do not need to be connected to the exaktbox (unlike the 350 that require it) because they use a new technology that allows them to connect via exakt link.
So it’s like a pure three way so you only need one exaktbox.
Sorry for the inaccuracy.
Are you sure? This pic would indicate it is connected like the 350 using 3-speaker cables and a XLR (but .

Attachments

• 5EA13377-069D-40C8-AFFD-260C31465D91.jpeg
    5EA13377-069D-40C8-AFFD-260C31465D91.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 91

kryno

Nicolav
Wammer
Oct 22, 2018
AKA
Nicola
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Are you sure? This pic would indicate it is connected like the 350 using 3-speaker cables and a XLR (but .
With the 350 it is so, but with the 360 the connection to the exaktbox is not required via the XLR connector only through exaktlink.
I assume that the photo refers to a 350...

Josaa2

Wammer
Nov 21, 2021
Uppsala, Sweden
AKA
Johan
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
With the 350 it is so, but with the 360 the connection to the exaktbox is not required via the XLR connector only through exaktlink.
No it is a 360 (3 speaker connector pairs) but this speaker is run in passive mode. Still confused…could be that when you convert a passive to aktive, a section of the back plate is changed and exaktlink is added. The speakers would need to be ”daisy chained” since the Exact box only has one exaktlink out.

Last edited:

Newton John

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

That photo doesn't look like a 350 because there are only three pairs of loudspeaker cable. A 350 would have four like a Komri.

kryno

Nicolav
Wammer
Oct 22, 2018
AKA
Nicola
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No it is a 360 (3 speaker connector pairs) but this speaker is run in passive mode. Still confused…could be that when you convert a passive to aktive, a section of the back plate is changed and exaktlink is added. The speakers would need to be ”daisy chained” since the Exact box only has one exaktlink out.
The one shown in the picture is a passive setup, so I think in this case the XLR is necessary for connecting woofers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles