Linn Owners

Konfig now closed

stuarts

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Dec 3, 2018
I'm in a similar situation to you. I have an MDSM/1 running Davaar 4.97.475 and Konfig 4.37.172. Davaar 4.99.491 (stable, non-beta) was released on 30th March, but Konfig tells me my MDSM/1 is up to date. There is no option to update my MDSM/1 in the Linn app or via my Linn account. I hope that older devices aren't going to be left stranded on Davaar 97...
Similar problem here. Konfig clearly indicates that a new firmware update (to Davaar 99) is available for my ADSM (and other Linn devices), but the Updates tab states that all devices are up to date. I've given a more long-winded account of the problem/plea for help in the Troubleshooting tab: https://www.hifiwigwam.com/threads/davaar-99-beta.116936/post-2392579.

wildwildWes

SciLinntologist
Wammer
Jul 24, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a QNAP NAS and I rip CDs and download FLACs. Should I keep doing the "rescan" through Minimserver using the Konfig user interface, or should I be trying to find a Minimserver user interface to do that with going forward?

silkie

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 9, 2018
Saffron Walden
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a QNAP NAS and I rip CDs and download FLACs. Should I keep doing the "rescan" through Minimserver using the Konfig user interface, or should I be trying to find a Minimserver user interface to do that with going forward?
These devices you see in Konfig are just the webpages presented by those device. Just point your web browser at those IP addresses and the options will appear. That's both for your Linn streamers and Minimserver. There is always minimwatch you can install on a PC/MAC if you want an app to interact with minimserver, that will get your rescan done.

Kenilworth

Wammer
Oct 8, 2018
Updates to Davaar 99 for older DS(M)s just showed up on Konfig, and I updated mine with no problems.

Reactions: LSPC

Billz

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Oct 11, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have recently updated my Selekt Edition to the latest Davaar release via the Linn app using my iPad and it all went smoothly. Can I now bin my old windows laptop as I only kept it to use Konfig?

Gussy

Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
I have recently updated my Selekt Edition to the latest Davaar release via the Linn app using my iPad and it all went smoothly. Can I now bin my old windows laptop as I only kept it to use Konfig?
Unless you ever want to return to pre-Davaar 99 firmware then I suppose the answer is yes…if you’ve got any SOv1 optimisations you should import them into Manage Systems now.

Reactions: Paulssurround

Billz

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Oct 11, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Unless you ever want to return to pre-Davaar 99 firmware then I suppose the answer is yes…if you’ve got any SOv1 optimisations you should import them into Manage Systems now.
Thanks Gussy. I have never went back to a previous version of Davaar (or Cara or Bute for that matter) and I generally don’t use Space, so that’s good news. This old laptop is a real heap of junk and I will glad to toss it in my trash bin.

Reactions: Coalboy68 and Gussy

Ian H

Wammer
Oct 8, 2018
Charvil - Berks
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Although not a user, more out of interest. Has the KazooServer functionality been ported across to Manage Systems from Konfig yet?

MickC

Expert Thread Disruptor
Wammer
Oct 8, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Although not a user, more out of interest. Has the KazooServer functionality been ported across to Manage Systems from Konfig yet?
Not as far as I can see, Ian. I don’t use KazooServer (or Linn’s apps) either, but I still keep them going to check the betas are ok.
i looked through all options on Manage Systems but can find no mention of the server side of things.
Mick

MickC

Expert Thread Disruptor
Wammer
Oct 8, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I love that the latest release of Konfig says 'Konfig is no longer maintained. There will be no future releases', yet if I subscribe to betas, I see this:-

Screenshot 2023-04-20 183733.jpg

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles