Klimax 350P

formann

Øyvind I
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Ski Norway
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi, i currently have Klimax LP12 (2020), Selekt Hub DSM (Dynamik) with Akurate Exaktbox 10 Kat, 2 Akurate 4200 (Dynamic but old chase) into Majik Isobarik which plays really well now that I ubraged to Slekt from AEDSM and got rid of Faim Fraim with its glass shelves.
Am considering Klimax 350 P, or Artikulate 350P as these can be used with my electronics but there is the risk of buying without hearing...... (have only heard integrated Katalyst version). The object is an upgradet Artikulate to Katalyst and Dynamik PSU.

Any thoughts?

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There is no DAC in the 350P, so you can’t upgrade it to Katalyst. I’m also unsure if the Dynamik upgrades for 350 is still available. The only upgrades in the current price list are for 350A.

’troll

formann

Øyvind I
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Ski Norway
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There is no DAC in the 350P, so you can’t upgrade it to Katalyst. I’m also unsure if the Dynamik upgrades for 350 is still available. The only upgrades in the current price list are for 350A.

’troll
True, but I can use my Akurate Exaktbox 10, with 2xA4200 in to the passive speakers and a seperated output form the Exaktbox to the servo bas (shown in Linn docs). Price is way below 10.000 Euro

Ben Webster

System doesn‘t matter - if you have mine
Wammer
Dec 16, 2019
Frankfurt a.M. 🇩🇪
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@Ben Webster, ich finde es immer gut, dass du erwähnst, kein Fan der 350er zu sein. Ich habe den 350P jetzt ein paar Mal gehört, mit einem Select (Organic) LP12 und 2 Solo's. Ich glaube nicht, dass es unangenehm war.
Sorry for my permanent repeating.
The only thing I want to say that 350 is a very special speaker. Depending on setup, room and personal taste it can be difficult.

Fitter Stoke

De de de DUUURRRR!
Wammer
Jan 24, 2019
North East England
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m a very satisfied 350P owner. In my opinion the passive version with decent power amps significantly outperforms the Katalysted integrated version. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to audition the latter at home a couple of years ago but found them a little too bass heavy, which patently isn’t true of Solo driven passives which are much more pleasingly balanced across the tone spectrum, to my ears anyway. But you must hear them first, especially if buying new given their massive price hike over recent years.

Moomintroll

Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m a very satisfied 350P owner. In my opinion the passive version with decent power amps significantly outperforms the Katalysted integrated version. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to audition the latter at home a couple of years ago but found them a little too bass heavy, which patently isn’t true of Solo driven passives which are much more pleasingly balanced across the tone spectrum, to my ears anyway. But you must hear them first, especially if buying new given their massive price hike over recent years.
SO certainly solves the bass heaviness and Organik is a big improvement over Katalyst. If buying new, be quick, the 350 goes EOL at the end of this month.

On the subject of the massive price hike to £32500 for the 350P - this new Dali is €80K and purely passive. https://www.enjoythemusic.com/super...23/Dali_Kore_Floorstanding_Speaker_Review.htm

’troll

Last edited:
Reactions: akamatsu

Chetys

Wammer
Mar 22, 2022
UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am happy with my 350's akitv with tuneboxes. They were originally passive. I would say they are a B*tch to get tuned right, time consuming and tricky, maybe because they are precise, but end result is clarity & flow.

Wendy

Ms
Wammer
Apr 4, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The 350P when made active driven by Akurate amps is a great loudspeaker, definitely better than Malik 140’s and better than Akubariks. My dealer says the combination of Akurate amps driving 350P in active format outperforms the integrated (aktive ) 350A- as it should as its a more expensive combination.

Harryup

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Nov 17, 2018
Stockholm
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m using 350A with a rather strong toe-in. Personally I’m not fond of any other Linn speaker except of Sara. And I’m not like the wide confusing sound stage having them pointed straight forward. Since I’ve got mine friends has ordered 2 pair new ones with Klimax NG. But they would not have ordered any based on the experience from shops. Now they are also using rather strong toe-in with Gaia feets. And this was their first Linn equipment ever.

Reactions: Paulssurround

Tyke

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 5, 2014
Leicestershire
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m using 350A with a rather strong toe-in. Personally I’m not fond of any other Linn speaker except of Sara. And I’m not like the wide confusing sound stage having them pointed straight forward. Since I’ve got mine friends has ordered 2 pair new ones with Klimax NG. But they would not have ordered any based on the experience from shops. Now they are also using rather strong toe-in with Gaia feets. And this was their first Linn equipment ever.
350A with a small toe in here, but I am loving the sound with my Klimax DSM. No interest in Exact as I don't use SO.

Reactions: Paulssurround

Moomintroll

Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
350A with a small toe in here, but I am loving the sound with my Klimax DSM. No interest in Exact as I don't use SO.
Exakt is an improvement on its own, even without using SO, although an expensive upgrade if you don’t benefit from SO+.

’troll

Tyke

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 5, 2014
Leicestershire
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Exakt is an improvement on its own, even without using SO, although an expensive upgrade if you don’t benefit from SO+.

’troll
I have heard Exact - I just prefer to use Roon with convolution on my room. Focus Fidelity gives better results than Linn SO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles