Wammer
Aug 2, 2015
stondon massey
AKA
jason ruse
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I have just had my kdsm 1 upgraded to the organik dac,and thought I would share my findings so far.

I collected it from Rococo systems (thanks again) in ongar,Essex and was back home and playing music by 4pm,my initial impression was the greatly improved bass,much more impact and texture,as well as more enjoyable.
Ok have now been listening for a couple of hours and the improvement is across the frequency spectrum,what was previously dare I say boring,now it's like listening to a really good turntable set up,it now deserves to be given a serious listen,where as before it was background listening whilst doing other things.
And with more to come over the next couple of hundred hours, it's the best music has sounded to me at home,ever.
It was worth the old price I paid,but even at £6480 i still think it's good VFM and makes streaming music come alive with emotion and impact,with much improved dynamics and timing, i can't wait to hear how organik will improve 4k blu-ray with a movie or two,but thats for another day.

kook

Wammer
New Wammer
Apr 17, 2013
Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

My KDSM/1 was returned from the dealer last night too and after a long listen I'm very happy with the upgrade to Organik.

I agree the improved bass is instantly noticeable and focus / positioning of instruments within the sound stage is fantastic.

Natural, analogue, liquid, organic etc - yes, all that too which I feel was lost when I moved on my KK.

Ninka's are the weak point in my system - but still very happy with how they keep up.

(Slightly odd that the Linn code is different for KDSM/1 and 2 with Organik despite being identical.)

Reactions: akamatsu

wonky1969

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 2, 2015
stondon massey
AKA
jason ruse
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I too had a kk,great pre,but once the dsm1 replaced it, I didn't feel the need to change back as I preferred the clarity improvement,but over time felt the DVC was too clinical, organik has fixed that.

I also think that since I've owned my subwoofer, i haven't been happy with it,it turns out the problem was the old board wasn't happy Driving both sets of analogue outputs,now it has a full fat output all to itself,it has disappeared into the music, without drawing attention to itself, superb.

So whilst organik is great,I also attribute some of the uplift in SQ to the vastly improved DVC,and in my instance, having both set's of analogue outputs driven properly.

I'm off now to listen to music, surprise that

Reactions: akamatsu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles