Julian Vereker & Jacques Mahul - Naim Audio & Focal (+ News & Reviews) - At Musicraft (Derby)

Musicraft

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Jun 18, 2008
Derby
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
musicraft logo.jpg

Steve Guttenburg reviews Naim Audio's new NAIT 50 LIMITED-EDITION AMPLIFIER -

1900X600-bandeaux_Nait50_face.jpg

NAIT 50

To celebrate our 50th anniversary (1973 - 2023) and all these years of shared passion for sound, we have reissued our first ever, iconic integrated amplifier: NAIT 1. Made in England, NAIT 50 is presented in a limited-edition of 1973 pieces.

Nait50_png.png

Naim Audio's new NAIT 50 LIMITED-EDITION AMPLIFIER is at Musicraft (Derby)

Bandeau-page-produit-Nait-50v2_2.jpg

Naim Audio NAIT 50 LIMITED-EDITION AMPLIFIER UK RRP £2699

naim audio orginal logo white.jpg

naim-heritage_0.jpg

2129scr_1e7c885a7c70ee4.jpg

You’re a nobody without a Naim.

Focal Jacques Mahul 1.jpg

Focal black logo 1.png
Focal. The spirit of sound.

Website: http://www.musicraft.co.uk (THIS NEW SITE IS EVOLVING)

Please call 01332 346284, 07727 272443 or email info@musicraft.co.uk

Hours of business are Monday to Saturday 9am-8pm, Sunday 10.30am-4.30pm (please call before travelling)

***** Musicraft - Clearance + Special Offers List https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/41304-for-sale-musicraft-derby-clearance-special-offers/ *****

***** https://www.facebook.com/MusicraftUK *****

***** Musicraft website - Special Offers list http://www.musicraft.co.uk/special-offers/ *****

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Last edited:

Musicraft

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Jun 18, 2008
Derby
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
musicraft logo.jpg

Part Time Audiophile reviews Naim Audio's new NAIT 50 LIMITED-EDITION AMPLIFIER -

"Am I glad I purchased the Naim NAIT 50? Heck yeah."

"First of all, the Naim NAIT 50 can serve as my review workhorse in my reference system and my headphone rig. It’s been tough for me to maintain a schedule of headphone reviews when I don’t seem to have a headphone amp on hand most of the time. Those days are over."

"But my appreciation for the Naim NAIT 50 goes far deeper than mere nostalgia for my audiophile beginnings. There’s a cosmic rightness to having this little amp back in my home to remind me of where I’ve been, and to guide me where I’m going. Truth is, the NAIT 50 is a superb integrated that can provide the sonic anchor for systems big and small. Like the Naim NAIT 2, the 50 is a superb amplifier for small spaces or dense populations, but it can also step up and handle big speakers and energize your room with plenty of low frequency info–as long as you’re using loudspeakers that are comfy with 25 watts per channel."

"I’ve heard from a couple of people who are also using the Naim NAIT 50, including Guuny Surya of Sonner Audio. His excellent speakers are fairly efficient, and with the NAIT 50 he’s downright excited about the sound he’s getting from his system. That’s high praise–Gunny has some of the best ears in the business."

"But here’s the catch, and it’s the number 1,973. Reviewers take a risk when they recommend something that may be sold out once the review goes live, and I hope that number is large enough to sustain the model’s availability for a reasonable time. At the same time, you probably need to check the Naim NAIT 50 integrated out for yourself–especially if, like me, you have an obsession over the earlier NAITs. The Naim NAIT 50 turned out fantastic, and everything seems to feel right in the audiophile universe as a result."

"Highly recommended."

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2023/10/06/naim-nait-50-integrated-amplifier-review/

NAIT 50

To celebrate our 50th anniversary (1973 - 2023) and all these years of shared passion for sound, we have reissued our first ever, iconic integrated amplifier: NAIT 1. Made in England, NAIT 50 is presented in a limited-edition of 1973 pieces.

Nait50_png.png

naim-heritage_0.jpg

Focal black logo 1.png

Hours of business are Monday to Saturday 9am-8pm, Sunday 10.30am-4.30pm (please call before travelling)

***** Musicraft - Clearance + Special Offers List https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/41304-for-sale-musicraft-derby-clearance-special-offers/ *****

***** Musicraft website - Special Offers list http://www.musicraft.co.uk/special-offers/ *****

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Musicraft

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Jun 18, 2008
Derby
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
musicraft logo.jpg

Naim Audio's NSC 222 Streaming Pre Amplifier -

1920X600_Naim-nsc-222.jpg

NSC 222​

Sleek design meets audiophile quality

NSC 222
is an easy-to-use streaming preamplifier with multiple functions, offering uncompromising sound quality. With its high-precision engineering and exclusive British design from Naim, this product brings you a world of streamed music and radio, handling vinyl and audio headphones, as well as creating a high-performance analogue preamplifier. Combine it with the New Classic NAP 250 power amplifier for an exceptional assembly: just add loudspeakers

1160X700_Naim_NSC-222_Front.png

NSC 222

Begin your New Classic musical journey with the highly versatile NSC 222 preamplifier. Access a wide range of music streaming platforms (Spotify, TIDAL, Qobuz, etc.), a very large number of online radio stations, handling bitrates of up to 32bit/284kHz. Want to enjoy vinyl? The NSC 222 has a MM phono input. Do you like headphones and want to dive into a world of solo listening? NSC 222 is also equipped with the full Naim technology for headphone listening, which is inherited from the Uniti Atom Headphone Edition: our amplifier-DAC, the recipient of several awards all around the world.

01_NSC-222_Plateforme-de-Streaming-Unique.jpg

A unique streaming platform

NSC 222
incorporates the very latest Naim streaming platform. Made by our experts in Salisbury, it sets new standards in terms of its prowess, functionality and ease of use. It is designed to offer true Hi-Fi performance, with the legendary Naim sound. Play all your favourite radio stations non-stop, as well as any music you choose from Spotify Connect, Apple Music, TIDAL, TIDAL Connect, Qobuz, AirPlay 2, Chromecast, UPnP™ servers, USB key, Roon Ready, and more.

APP%20REMOTE%201181x665%20%281%29_2_0.jpg

Easy App control – in one room or many

The Naim App – available for Apple and Android devices – makes it simple to control your NSC 222, and even link up other music systems around your home into a stunning multi-room set-up. Use the App to access all your music, including your favourite radio stations, streaming services and playlists, and explore artist discographies and biographies.

02_NSC-222_Utilisation-Simple.jpg

Simple and enjoyable to use

The NSC 222 is very simple to use – you can easily control it using the Focal & Naim app, available on iOS and Android, but also with the Zigbee smart remote control supplied. Of course, you can also access many features via the NSC 222 itself, and its backlit volume button. For your listening pleasure, the 5.5” colour screen displays the tracks being played.

01_NSC-222-Internal_0.jpg

Naim know-how

Under the guidance of our Technical Director, Naim’s engineers have developed simple but elegant circuits, combined with our acclaimed and high-performing DR technology, guaranteeing the stable and fluid power supply so essential for superior performance. Our teams opt for the highest-quality components and perform ultra-precise measurements for an uncompromising result.

04_NSC-222_Conception.jpg

A timeless design

Naim products are designed to be both contemporary and timeless. Our creations forego any unnecessary decoration that does not contribute to performance targets or add to the sound quality. The design of the NSC 222 streamer and preamplifier combines extreme precision, impressive functionality, sleek design and innovative materials to make it easy and enjoyable to use.

05_Aluminium-NAIM_2_3.jpg

The story of Naim and aluminium

Our founder, Julian Vereker, immediately understood the many benefits of aluminium as a material for wrapping Naim electronic components. He knew that delicate audio components are very sensitive to the effects of magnetic fields, unstable temperatures, unwanted vibrations, etc. While other manufacturers were bending thin sheets of steel, Naim used thick plates of aluminium.

Naim Audio NSC 222 Streaming Pre Amplifier UK RRP £5700

naim julian vereker.jpg

naim black logo.jpg

Focal black logo 1.png

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Musicraft

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Jun 18, 2008
Derby
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
musicraft logo.jpg

What H-Fi reviews Naim Audio's NSC 222 Streaming Pre Amplifier -

"So, the NSC 222 is a terrific performer for the money. What do you do when funds allow and the upgrade bug strikes? We suspect Naim’s answer would be ‘buy the NPX 300 power supply, of course’. This costs the same as the amplifier, and the lift in performance reflects that. The improvement on the ’222’s sound is significant, gaining in every single area. The presentation is far bigger and more muscular while dynamic shifts are significantly more powerful and convincing. We can hear deeper into the recording and low-level instrumental strands are easier to follow. The NPX 300 power supply has a huge price tag but also makes a huge improvement.

It feels like Naim has tried to move more towards the mainstream with the NSC 222, but that’s no bad thing. It is a terrific all rounder, and delivers to a high standard regardless of whether we’re talking about its streaming abilities, phono stage, analogue or digital inputs. Could you put together a bunch of separate components that do exactly the same job but sound better? Possibly, but they would have to be expertly matched, and even then we don’t feel the gains would be massive.

If you are after a product that offers the performance of quality separates hi-fi but without much of the clutter and fuss then this Naim is definitely worth investigating. That applies regardless of whether you are already a fan of the brand or not."

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/naim-nsc-222

1920X600_Naim-nsc-222.jpg

NSC 222​

Sleek design meets audiophile quality

NSC 222
is an easy-to-use streaming preamplifier with multiple functions, offering uncompromising sound quality. With its high-precision engineering and exclusive British design from Naim, this product brings you a world of streamed music and radio, handling vinyl and audio headphones, as well as creating a high-performance analogue preamplifier. Combine it with the New Classic NAP 250 power amplifier for an exceptional assembly: just add loudspeakers

1900x600-NPX300_hero_0.jpg

NPX 300​

Optimised power and performance

Reach a higher level of musical performance with the NPX 300 power supply for the New Classic 200 Series sources and preamplifiers, including the NSC 222 streaming preamplifier. NPX 300 deactivates the internal power supply, immediately reducing noise, and provides a superior, cleaner power supply. You can connect several NPX 300 power supplies within the same configuration for an exceptional musical experience.

1160X700_Naim_NSC-222_Front.png

NSC 222

Begin your New Classic musical journey with the highly versatile NSC 222 preamplifier. Access a wide range of music streaming platforms (Spotify, TIDAL, Qobuz, etc.), a very large number of online radio stations, handling bitrates of up to 32bit/284kHz. Want to enjoy vinyl? The NSC 222 has a MM phono input. Do you like headphones and want to dive into a world of solo listening? NSC 222 is also equipped with the full Naim technology for headphone listening, which is inherited from the Uniti Atom Headphone Edition: our amplifier-DAC, the recipient of several awards all around the world.

01_NSC-222_Plateforme-de-Streaming-Unique.jpg

A unique streaming platform

NSC 222
incorporates the very latest Naim streaming platform. Made by our experts in Salisbury, it sets new standards in terms of its prowess, functionality and ease of use. It is designed to offer true Hi-Fi performance, with the legendary Naim sound. Play all your favourite radio stations non-stop, as well as any music you choose from Spotify Connect, Apple Music, TIDAL, TIDAL Connect, Qobuz, AirPlay 2, Chromecast, UPnP™ servers, USB key, Roon Ready, and more.

APP%20REMOTE%201181x665%20%281%29_2_0.jpg

Easy App control – in one room or many

The Naim App – available for Apple and Android devices – makes it simple to control your NSC 222, and even link up other music systems around your home into a stunning multi-room set-up. Use the App to access all your music, including your favourite radio stations, streaming services and playlists, and explore artist discographies and biographies.

02_NSC-222_Utilisation-Simple.jpg

Simple and enjoyable to use

The NSC 222 is very simple to use – you can easily control it using the Focal & Naim app, available on iOS and Android, but also with the Zigbee smart remote control supplied. Of course, you can also access many features via the NSC 222 itself, and its backlit volume button. For your listening pleasure, the 5.5” colour screen displays the tracks being played.

01_NSC-222-Internal_0.jpg

Naim Audio NSC 222 Streaming Pre Amplifier

01_NPX300-powerful_0.jpg

Naim Audio NPX 300 Power Supply

Naim know-how

Under the guidance of our Technical Director, Naim’s engineers have developed simple but elegant circuits, combined with our acclaimed and high-performing DR technology, guaranteeing the stable and fluid power supply so essential for superior performance. Our teams opt for the highest-quality components and perform ultra-precise measurements for an uncompromising result.

04_NSC-222_Conception.jpg

A timeless design

Naim products are designed to be both contemporary and timeless. Our creations forego any unnecessary decoration that does not contribute to performance targets or add to the sound quality. The design of the NSC 222 streamer and preamplifier combines extreme precision, impressive functionality, sleek design and innovative materials to make it easy and enjoyable to use.

05_Aluminium-NAIM_2_3.jpg

The story of Naim and aluminium

Our founder, Julian Vereker, immediately understood the many benefits of aluminium as a material for wrapping Naim electronic components. He knew that delicate audio components are very sensitive to the effects of magnetic fields, unstable temperatures, unwanted vibrations, etc. While other manufacturers were bending thin sheets of steel, Naim used thick plates of aluminium.

Naim Audio NSC 222 Streaming Pre Amplifier UK RRP £5700

Naim Audio NPX 300 Power Supply UK RRP £5700

naim-heritage_0.jpg

Focal black logo 1.png

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Musicraft

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Jun 18, 2008
Derby
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
musicraft logo.jpg

***** We have BRAND NEW STOCK of Naim Audio's new NAIT 50 LIMITED-EDITION AMPLIFIER available *****

What Hi-Fi review Naim Audio's new NAIT 50 LIMITED-EDITION AMPLIFIER -

"So how does this limited edition Nait 50 amp actually sound? Incredibly fun. While it has been redesigned to modern standards, Naim’s engineers have done a great job of ensuring that this Nait 50 retains the enthusiastic sonic character of the original Nait 1 that was so liked. During listening, our technical editor Ketan Bharadia kept referring it to as having a “puppy dog-like” character – it’s zippy, energetic and inherently likeable."

"There’s ample detail and clarity, with bags of punch. The amount of energy and drive that keeps a song’s momentum going – whether it’s Eminem’s The Way I Am, Alt-J’s Breezeblocks, Circling by Four Tet or Whatta Man by Salt-N-Pepa/En Vogue – is what stands out most with the Nait 50."

"Regardless of genre, songs are handled with terrific agility and dynamic expression, with an innate understanding of the rhythmic interplay between instruments to make it musically enjoyable. There’s a good amount of weight and power to the proceedings too, keeping us satisfied as the brooding basslines in Massive Attack’s Angel and Paradise Circus hit with impact."

"Overall, while not perfect, this is a hugely entertaining and musical amp to listen to. It’s an obviously flavoured sound, but that’s the point of this amplifier: to capture the spirit of the original, iconic Nait 1 integrated amplifier."

"Even months after our time with the Nait 50, we still can’t forget just how fun this amp was to listen to."

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/naim-nait-50

NAIT 50

Nait50_png.png

Part Time Audiophile reviews Naim Audio's new NAIT 50 LIMITED-EDITION AMPLIFIER -

"Am I glad I purchased the Naim NAIT 50? Heck yeah."

"First of all, the Naim NAIT 50 can serve as my review workhorse in my reference system and my headphone rig. It’s been tough for me to maintain a schedule of headphone reviews when I don’t seem to have a headphone amp on hand most of the time. Those days are over."

"But my appreciation for the Naim NAIT 50 goes far deeper than mere nostalgia for my audiophile beginnings. There’s a cosmic rightness to having this little amp back in my home to remind me of where I’ve been, and to guide me where I’m going. Truth is, the NAIT 50 is a superb integrated that can provide the sonic anchor for systems big and small. Like the Naim NAIT 2, the 50 is a superb amplifier for small spaces or dense populations, but it can also step up and handle big speakers and energize your room with plenty of low frequency info–as long as you’re using loudspeakers that are comfy with 25 watts per channel."

"I’ve heard from a couple of people who are also using the Naim NAIT 50, including Guuny Surya of Sonner Audio. His excellent speakers are fairly efficient, and with the NAIT 50 he’s downright excited about the sound he’s getting from his system. That’s high praise–Gunny has some of the best ears in the business."

"But here’s the catch, and it’s the number 1,973. Reviewers take a risk when they recommend something that may be sold out once the review goes live, and I hope that number is large enough to sustain the model’s availability for a reasonable time. At the same time, you probably need to check the Naim NAIT 50 integrated out for yourself–especially if, like me, you have an obsession over the earlier NAITs. The Naim NAIT 50 turned out fantastic, and everything seems to feel right in the audiophile universe as a result."

"Highly recommended."

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2023/10/06/naim-nait-50-integrated-amplifier-review/

naim-heritage_0.jpg

Focal black logo 1.png

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles