Intermittent fasting 14/10

Hakanx

New Wammer
Jun 22, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hello, has anyone tried intermittent fasting? I want to start a 14/10 intermittent fasting program. If you have tried it, can you write your experiences?👃

leenorris78

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 1, 2009
London - SE23 -HOP
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
A friend at work is doing it and working very well for him.

I do it during the week and then eat what I like over the weekend. This means my weight drops over the week then rises at the weekend. End result is my weight is stable. Worth thinking about when you reach your end goal.

There is a thread on it here.
https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/threads/intermittent-fasting-diet.93562/

Best of luck!

DUVET

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2021
Middle
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Don't eat between 8pm and 12 pm the next day during the week and also cut out most carbs during the week . Weekend is treat time .Weight is going down steadily and more noticeably when you do have a holiday and put on a few pounds the weight comes off easily once you go back to the routine .

Andrei

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 28, 2013
Napier
AKA
Andrei
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello, has anyone tried intermittent fasting? I want to start a 14/10 intermittent fasting program. If you have tried it, can you write your experiences?👃
I initially did it out of necessity, but now it is routine. Typically there is a 'window' of eating time, say between noon and six pm, though latest research is that having a breakfast and lunch is optimal - something to do with cortisol, the rhythms of cicadas and other dark arts. In any event the smaller the window the better the benefits.

To me the key concept is hunger - a very powerful force. A low carb, zero rubbish diet sees me through without breaking into a sweat. Fat and protein give more satiety. A neat trick if you are feeling peckish is a coffee with cream, not milk (some do MCT oil or coconut oil). The fat from the cream takes away the hunger and will not spike insulin.

My experience is that on 1 January 2019 I started a keto diet and intermittent fasting. I lost about 25 kgs painlessly. The combination is pretty effective.

Reactions: Chumpchops

Chumpchops

From the safest places come the bravest words.
Wammer
Oct 3, 2014
Bristol
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
OMAD fan here. For same reasons as up thread. Stasis in weight quite easy when I only eat once a day Mon -Fri between 5-7pm. Minimal or close to zero carbs, ditto sugars.

Works great and feels good. Hunger passes and is better managed imho by eating nothing in the mornings. The slightest morsel and…..

At the weekends and hols I eat what I and when wish.

Deep in our hunter gatherer dna we ate intermittently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles