Wammer
Mar 9, 2009
Dublin, Ireland.
AKA
Robert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My new zen air can and old sennheiser.
What cables, power and audio are people using. The power cable, 5v dc usb is very short and one of the cables I use is a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable but it's introducing a hum.
It really does a good job of powering the headphones, no problem blasting them loud.

View attachment 20230306_194400.jpg

jamesrfisher

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 20, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My new zen air can and old sennheiser.
What cables, power and audio are people using. The power cable, 5v dc usb is very short and one of the cables I use is a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable but it's introducing a hum.
It really does a good job of powering the headphones, no problem blasting them loud.

View attachment 20230306_194400.jpg
I have this too and using with some Grados. Using the provided power supply and Atlas Element between my amp and the ifi, no issues

AndyCC72

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 4, 2021
Bexley, Kent
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I bought the iFi iPhono3 a few months back. Superb stage, does everything well. It usurped a DIY Valve stage and PSU which I also really liked.

I loaned it to a pal who A/B’d it against his gold note stage and PSU and he was hugely impressed, he preferred the (3 times more expensive) gold note but said there wasn’t much in it.

Reactions: meridian man

Dubwiser

New Wammer
Mar 1, 2023
Belgrade, Serbia
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Idea for all of who are listening from music platforms.
IpowerX at 12V made a very good sound improvements when I put them on router. More clarity and air in hights, even better texture in bass region.

technobear

Ursine Wammer
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2005
Glastonbury, UK
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Another iFi Audio fan here. I've been using their stuff for years now.

Micro iCAN, micro iDSD, micro iDAC2, iGalvanic, 3x iPurifier2, iPurifier3, DC Blocker, AC Purifier, iTraveller, iPower 9V

In the past I have also had iUSBPower, iTube, another micro iDSD, another micro iCAN

At shows I was very impressed with the Retro Stereo 50 - if I had more efficient speakers I would be very tempted.

Highly recommended! (y)
Only just realised I missed the ZEN Stream off of that list! Currently feeding the RME in my AV system.

jamesrfisher

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 20, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is what's supplied with the zen air can, probably to keep costs low.
I use a phone charger.
Sorry, I had got mixed up and see the difference now. Yes the photo i had was of the cable and plug supplied.

Maybe look at getting a generic one rather than USB?

danny363

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 7, 2009
Aberdeenshire
AKA
Danny
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Any Neo stream owners? Great bit of kit but having alot of issues with the software....... Running the latest firmware but very temperamental. Tidal connect has also disappeared now.

bullinachinashop

Wammer
Wammer
May 11, 2022
Milton Keynes
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi folks, got a Zen Air Streamer on trail from Amazon so I can test the USB input on my new DAC

Trying to run through tidal

I'm aware that the software volume in the Zen defaults to 50% and I can't work out how to turn it up.
In Tidal, the volume control does nothing (it does if I stream Tidal through my Chromecast Audio)
And the App is a total disaster (as verified by 1 star rating on Google play). It only worked once and now won't open/flickers like a nutter

I went into Ifi.local and turned the volume control to Software and it made no difference

Any other way to turn it up before it gets fired back to Amazon at speed?!

Thanks

dangermouse

Hasta la vista
Wammer Plus
Jul 10, 2011
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've been tempted by Zen products in the past, but in amongst the rave reviews, there are quite a few that point out software cock-ups and failures.

Not for me at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles