I have got tickets to see .......................

Baggawire

Ain't It Funky Now
Wammer Plus
Mar 2, 2010
SE London/NW Kent
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Jas Keyser Trio, Embassy Gardens, London 16th March; Yazmin Lacey, St Pancras Old Church, London 31st March; Sarathy Korwar, Village Underground, London 16th April

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Mrs BB bought me (and her as I'll take her)tickets to the Stone Foundation 25th Anniversary Gig at Islington Assembly Halls in November.

Cheers BB

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well after the success of our first trip to Butlins Minehead in January 2020 for tge Geriatrics/Giants of Rock, we decided to try another. This time its Skegness Rock and Blues. It runs from today Friday 13th Jan until Monday 16th. Mrs Feet is forking out as a late birthday present. I'll be buying the drinks. I hope it's as enjoyable as the previous one, where we saw some cracking support acts that we've continued to watch since. It's a shame the Melvin Hancox Band isn't at this one as they stormed it at the Minehead gig.

Reactions: Brown Bottle

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So far, pretty much what you'd expect from me :)

Rick Wakeman
Roger Waters

Stig

Wammer
Jan 23, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Musical Box. The Lamb Lies Down concert in Portsmouth. 18 Feb.
This concert has been delayed twice and 2 years because of you know what.

Reactions: Billz

jamesrfisher

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 20, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Young Fathers
Mogwai
Dry Cleaning
Loyle Carner
Suede
Heartworms
Inspiral Carpets
The Go! Team
Panda Bear and Sonic Boom
Bill Nomates
Glastonbury Festival
End of the Road Festival

More to be purchased!

Reactions: lower bullens

Fantasque

My world is full of spots
Wammer Plus
Jan 22, 2016
Mere, Wiltshire
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
So far, hopefully many more to come....

Arctic Monkeys - June - Southampton
Madonna - October - O2 London

Ady

Shoebox Ady. United by a love of music & equipment
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The musical box, The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, tonight at De Montfort Hall, Leicester. Not quite sure what it is all about but it's a night out 😁

Reactions: Billz

chris

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
leics, ,
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The musical box, The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, tonight at De Montfort Hall, Leicester. Not quite sure what it is all about but it's a night out 😁
You can expect a lot of aging bald men, a 20 min documentary with poor sound quality and a 2 hour and 20 minute recreation of the 74-75 lldob show. Hope you enjoyed it, I did in a nostalgic sort of way. They have certainly taken recreating early genesis to a whole new level down to the smallest detail.

It was almost exactly 50 years ago to the day that the Genesis Live album was recorded in the very same venue. Not that I was there!

Reactions: Ady

Ady

Shoebox Ady. United by a love of music & equipment
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You can expect a lot of aging bald men, a 20 min documentary with poor sound quality and a 2 hour and 20 minute recreation of the 74-75 lldob show. Hope you enjoyed it, I did in a nostalgic sort of way. They have certainly taken recreating early genesis to a whole new level down to the smallest detail.

It was almost exactly 50 years ago to the day that the Genesis Live album was recorded in the very same venue. Not that I was there!
Absolutely spot on with your description 😁 Yes we did enjoy it even though it was a bit weird in places. The Musical Box said that they now had permission to 'do' the Genesis album, Selling England By The Pound.
Cheers Ady

Reactions: chris

chris

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
leics, ,
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Absolutely spot on with your description 😁 Yes we did enjoy it even though it was a bit weird in places. The Musical Box said that they now had permission to 'do' the Genesis album, Selling England By The Pound.
Cheers Ady
You may find this interesting where the keyboard player shows how he created a keyboard rig using vintage gear to replicate what Tony Banks used during LLDOB. .
They obtained over 2000 slides from the original tour from Genesis which they used in the show. These guys take tribute bands to another level!
I felt that musical enjoyment may have suffered a little with this level of devotion to originality

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles