Home audio system

hectoralamone

New Wammer
Jul 6, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi,

I have a turntable and rokit speakers in my living room with a (not sure of the terminology for this) changer knob that goes between inputs. Currently it switched between the turntable and an audio out jack cable (so I can plug my laptop in) but I'd like to get a device that I can use spotify through the speakers on it. Do you have any good suggestions please?

I also want to get a Sonos or similar for upstairs in the bedroom, so if they link then that's a plus, but not a big deal if not.

Thanks in advance!

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think Chromecast Audio will run Spotify but I could be wrong. You need Spotify premium to stream through any app though. If you've only got a free account you're best off with a Bluetooth adaptor and using your phone.

jessilet

New Wammer
Sep 5, 2022
Chicago
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You might want to look into getting a Sonos Connect. It would allow you to play Spotify through your existing speakers using the audio out jack. You could also control it with your phone or laptop, which might be convenient. Alternatively, if you're looking for something more affordable, you could try a Bluetooth receiver. That would also allow you to play Spotify wirelessly through your speakers, but you might have to fiddle with the settings a bit to get it to work well. Hope that helps!

Sl7

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 22, 2012
Bedford
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi, I use Arylic products, they are well priced and the performance is brilliant. You can get Pre-amp versions (S50) with built in streaming or a similar version with built in digital amplifier. (A50). They are incredibly flexible, lots of options and inputs/outputs and they have a footprint the size of a CD case. Take a look https://www.arylic.com good luck in your search.

KieranB96

New Wammer
Feb 24, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don't gave a home cinema. But I do watch lots of films in my living room, and that is essentially my cinema. I've got a 7.1 Sonos surround sound set up, which is incredible, it makes the seat shake with vibrations. And I just bought a high spec 8K TV, with a Neo QLED display. The colours are insane.

If you haven't tried sonos yet, I know they're expensive, but I feel for the quality and ease of set up, they're fully worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles