Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hifi show targeted for high end system exhibitors. Looks like the intent is to have a limited number of rooms all with larger than typical spaces. Some live music as well. A small scale Munich perhaps?

Seems good value at £10 for the day or £15 for both days. Quite tempted.

Anyone else considering?
https://audioshowdeluxe.com/

Reactions: hifinutt

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Oooh that looks good .missed out on ascot this year due to dear old queenie going to glory !! Thanks for highlighting it

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Will be the first outing for Definitive’s new LV R80 speakers. MBL - which I have not heard before - and top of the range Magicos also on offer.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There was a time when I would be going out of my way to go to shows like this to see all the crazy money kit.

I am never gonna own stuff like that so I think what I have is more than good enough to see me out now so can't be bothered making the effort these days.

Plus there's all the snake oil that goes with it too🙄

Reactions: deggie

Audio Al

Confirmed Super Numpty
Wammer
Nov 4, 2012
Boston, Lincs
AKA
Allen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have attended 3 times , Thought it was strange seeing people sitting outside in dressing gowns , Turns out the venue has a sports venue and sauna , Enjoyed the hog roast rolls . It was a downstairs upstairs day . Fun times , Also the car engines from Silverstone sound great.

nak

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2011
Mansfield-ish
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Got my tickets today. I'll have a lucky dip on the lottery the night before just in case 🤞🏻

Fazioli

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2010
Nottingham
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would like to go, but seeing the videos of largely maskless attendees at Bristol in crowded enclosed airless rooms, I'd be reluctant to risk it even though Whittlebury exhibitors will be in larger spaces. Personal choice I know.

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There was a time when I would be going out of my way to go to shows like this to see all the crazy money kit.

I am never gonna own stuff like that so I think what I have is more than good enough to see me out now so can't be bothered making the effort these days.

Plus there's all the snake oil that goes with it too🙄
I go to every show I can
It grows your mind and helps show how good or bad or indifferent your system is at home ..I’ve also met lots of very knowledgeable and lovely people over the years ..
And occasionally I can sit in one room for hours listening to a fabulous musical system .. even if I can’t afford it now I know what to look out for second hand in 5 to 10 years time
But that’s just me ..

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Really I go to every show I can
It grows your mind and helps show how good or bad or indifferent your system is at home ..I’ve also met lots of very knowledgeable and lovely people over the years ..
And occasionally I can sit in one room for hours listening to a fabulous musical system .. even if I can’t afford it now I know what to look out for second hand in 5 to 10 years time
But that’s just me ..
I used to be the same Julian but now I am over the moon with my system it's more a matter being bothered having said that I'm sure I would enjoy it if I went.

Gizza

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Mar 12, 2011
Sutton Coldfield
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If the Vox Olympians were on dem there, I'd be there like a shot. Looks a very interesting show, regardless.

Reactions: deggie

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If the Vox Olympians were on dem there, I'd be there like a shot. Looks a very interesting show, regardless.
Unsurprisingly DA will be there with their new R80 speakers: The R80 combines the musical coherence and artistic sensitivity of the OBX-RW4 with the visceral thrill and commanding authority of the Vox Olympian.

Roughing it a bit, I know.

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ll be there on the Sunday - free tickets from Definitive! - and bringing John (Johns) up with me.

Wallet is staying at home…

Reactions: nak

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles