Linn Owners

Has anyone noticed the volume needs to be turned up somewhat when upgrading to an Organik KDS or KDSM?

Imseti

Menmaatre Seti I
Wammer Plus
Feb 16, 2022
Gloucestershire
AKA
Seti I
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So it‘s only the Source „DS“ which is quieter? Have you tried to plug in the DS in the place where normally your TV is? Any chance that you mixed XLR and Conch settings.

A difference of 20 is huge and not normal.
No, my 'dealer' plugged everything back in the same place. No idea what a Conch is :)

Imseti

Menmaatre Seti I
Wammer Plus
Feb 16, 2022
Gloucestershire
AKA
Seti I
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So try to swap TV and DS.

But switch of the KK before.
No, the TV has the same slightly lower volume. Pointless.

I think I'll just live with it. It's really not too much problem. I just thought it was worth asking around to see if anyone else had noticed.

Case closed - thanks for the suggestions everyone :)

Last edited:
  • Confused
Reactions: Moomintroll

Ben Webster

System doesn‘t matter - if you have mine
Wammer
Dec 16, 2019
Frankfurt a.M. 🇩🇪
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
???

You have an upgraded KDS Organik and a TV both connected via Cinch (unbalanced) to your Klimax Kontrol?

And after the KDS Upgrade all sources connected to your Klimax Kontrol are 20 points quieter?

It‘s very unlikely that this has anything to do with your upgrade.

Last edited:

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, default startup is 50 and I've changed the max from 80 to 100.
I was referring to the KDS, not the KK. Are we talking at cross purposes?

Are you positive that the internal volume control in the KDS is disabled? I would expect it to be on by default. If it is, the KDS will be starting up with a default volume of 50, instead of line level, which is 80.

• Internal Volume control that will directly control the analogue audio level coming out of the Linn DS. This is good for directly connecting to a Power amplifier on your speakers.
635px-Internal Vol ctrl 10.jpg

‘troll

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
???

You have an upgraded KDS Organik and a TV both connected via Cinch (unbalanced) to your Klimax Kontrol?

And after the KDS Upgrade all sources connected to your Klimax Kontrol are 20 points quieter?

It‘s very unlikely that this has anything to do with your upgrade.
I agree. That points to the Kontrol being the problem.

Imseti

Menmaatre Seti I
Wammer Plus
Feb 16, 2022
Gloucestershire
AKA
Seti I
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
r
I was referring to the KDS, not the KK. Are we talking at cross purposes?

Are you positive that the internal volume control in the KDS is disabled? I would expect it to be on by default. If it is, the KDS will be starting up with a default volume of 50, instead of line level, which is 80.

• Internal Volume control that will directly control the analogue audio level coming out of the Linn DS. This is good for directly connecting to a Power amplifier on your speakers.
635px-Internal Vol ctrl 10.jpg

‘troll
Yes, my dealer and I disabled it because I'm using a KK and there is no sound if it's enabled.

Yes, I said the startup was 50 but I changed the MAX from 80 to 100

par

Wammer
New Wammer
Mar 1, 2012
Just got my Klimax DS back from being upgraded to Organik.

Have not noticed that I need to use a different level on the pre-amp - but will see what I find over a longer period.

In one of your other posts you provide feedback about the various Klimax DS upgrades. I very much agree with your assessment - greatest impact was derived from going KDS/0 to KDS/1.

I went from KDS/1 to Organik and I can very much hear an improvement but it does not have the same "wow factor" as when I upgraded from KDS/0 to KDS/1.

Imseti

Menmaatre Seti I
Wammer Plus
Feb 16, 2022
Gloucestershire
AKA
Seti I
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just got my Klimax DS back from being upgraded to Organik.

In one of your other posts you provide feedback about the various Klimax DS upgrades. I very much agree with your assessment - greatest impact was derived from going KDS/0 to KDS/1.

I went from KDS/1 to Organik and I can very much hear an improvement but it does not have the same "wow factor" as when I upgraded from KDS/0 to KDS/1.
I concur with your assessment completely, which, as you say is my assessment and evaluation exactly as you describe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles