Fried Exaktbox-I

ashhadk

Wammer
Feb 25, 2023
Dubai
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi guys,

I fried my Exaktbox-I and saw smoke coming out of the right side vents.

It’s at the dealer and they are sending it back to Glasgow.

Wondering if this can be fixed? Is the fix expensive? Will they ask me to buy a new one? 😞

• Sad
Reactions: Ray Vardy

ashhadk

Wammer
Feb 25, 2023
Dubai
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was over intellectualising on how to save space seeing the unit and bought these 90 degree banana plugs.

Didn’t realize they will be touching and ran the amp. 😒😭

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Ray Vardy and MickC

ashhadk

Wammer
Feb 25, 2023
Dubai
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When you say you fried it what were you doing at the time?
I was over intellectualising on how to save space seeing the unit and bought these 90 degree banana plugs.

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Ah probably blown transistors then. Happened to a pair of Nad amps of mine. Surprised there's no protection against a short. (I was biamping my Nads which bypassed the protection circuit.)

ashhadk

Wammer
Feb 25, 2023
Dubai
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ah probably blown transistors then. Happened to a pair of Nad amps of mine. Surprised there's no protection against a short. (I was biamping my Nads which bypassed the protection circuit.)
How expensive is the fix? The fact that he’s shipping it from Dubai to Glasgow is scary 🤔

• Sad
Reactions: Ray Vardy

timster

Linnguist
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Wiltshire, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yikes, sorry to hear that. I presume the cost is only for Linn to fix it. Surprised they don't take the tax burden, or shipping. One or t'other at least.
Expensive hobby. Expensive banana plugs!

ashhadk

Wammer
Feb 25, 2023
Dubai
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yikes, sorry to hear that. I presume the cost is only for Linn to fix it. Surprised they don't take the tax burden, or shipping. One or t'other at least.

£30 stupid plugs 😞. Oh well, I’m checking if they can do a trade in deal for a new box or atleast a utopik power upgrade while it’s there. Fingers crossed

JensA

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Oct 12, 2018
Hamburg, Germany
AKA
Jens-Michael Arndt
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just got my AEB-i repaired (luckily under warranty). The repair at Linn in Glasgow took less than 24 hours but the entire round trip including customs clearance (despite repairs being import tax excempted) took 5 weeks from/to Germany:mad:

ashhadk

Wammer
Feb 25, 2023
Dubai
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just got my AEB-i repaired (luckily under warranty). The repair at Linn in Glasgow took less than 24 hours but the entire round trip including customs clearance (despite repairs being import tax excempted) took 5 weeks from/to Germany:mad:
What was wrong with it? My dealer is quite useless as well which doesn’t help
matters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online