Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Could not agree more the FIA wanted a different winner and to stop Mercedes and Hamilton . They are now so in bed with RB that they are forced to keep favouring them or the whole thing is likely to come out . Was losing interest fast as I see Max V as another Schumacher great skills but just prepared to do anything no mater how it hurts anyone else to win . While Schumacher was driving I stopped watching and think that I am very close to the same view now . Sad decline of what was once a wonderful spectacle as a sport .

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Could not agree more the FIA wanted a different winner and to stop Mercedes and Hamilton . They are now so in bed with RB that they are forced to keep favouring them or the whole thing is likely to come out . Was losing interest fast as I see Max V as another Schumacher great skills but just prepared to do anything no mater how it hurts anyone else to win . While Schumacher was driving I stopped watching and think that I am very close to the same view now . Sad decline of what was once a wonderful spectacle as a sport .

I'm not interested in watching any sport that is being rigged & constant interferance with the events. The stupid carry on with wet races as well delaying races till it goes away is just meddling.

I'm done with it mate🤬 I've spent all my life since childhood with my Dad following F1 & he would be mortified to see what the have done to it.

Chumpchops

From the safest places come the bravest words.
Wammer
Oct 3, 2014
Bristol
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It seems that's exactly what'a happened, RB get a fine that they can easily afford and a 10% reduction in their aero time allocation. Not overall mind but 10% of their next years allocation which is 70% of the amount the 7th place finisher will get so it reduces to 63%, so the actual loss is 7%. No change in the cost cap so they can spend the money elsewhere like in weight reduction. RB win again.

The FIA make pains to say that there was no evidence of intention to deceive but one of the major
overspends was not including the cost of providing free lunches etc to their staff. This came out to
£1.4M ! Hardly sausage, egg and chips all round then !

This still smells of a let off to me.
Need to be careful here. But someone I ‘overheard’ in the pub, works in IT data stuff. RBR are only this week apparently still trying spend even more on IT in current FY (estd $4M) to add 5 years data capacity (5Pb) in advance for engine test data logging. Needs to be on floor prior to Dec 31.

Its like MPs waiting for a bigger disaster to slip out bad news

Who’d have though that as well as top drivers, designers and engineers, top flight creative accountants and lawyers are also required, in order to ‘push the boundaries’ and win in modern F1 era?

Reactions: MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Need to be careful here. But someone I ‘overheard’ in the pub, works in IT data stuff. RBR are only this week apparently still trying spend even more on IT in current FY (estd $4M) to add 5 years data capacity (5Pb) in advance for engine test data logging. Needs to be on floor prior to Dec 31.

Its like MPs waiting for a bigger disaster to slip out bad news

Who’d have though that as well as top drivers, designers and engineers, top flight creative accountants and lawyers are also required, in order to ‘push the boundaries’ and win in modern F1 era?
It's just bulls::t & what I don't like about it now.🤮

SilverIllusion

Wammer
May 24, 2021

Sounds like the sport is still corrupt.

After the Michael Masi finale fiasco from last season, I vowed never to watch F1 again. The injustice of it all still bothers me now.

I miss how F1 used to be. I was a lifetime fan.

Now I'm reduced to occasionally looking at the headlines for results or browsing a thread like this out of nostalgic interest.

Perhaps there's a part of me that hopes that F1 might actually become a good sport again.

Unlikely it seems.

Very sad.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

After the Michael Masi finale fiasco from last season, I vowed never to watch F1 again. The injustice of it all still bothers me now.

Now I'm reduced to occasionally looking at the headlines for results or browsing a thread like this out of nostalgic interest.

Perhaps there's a part of me that hopes that F1 might actually become a good sport again.

Unlikely it seems.

Very sad.
Could'nt agree more exactly how I feel about F1 now👍

Great to see George Russell win his first GP may it be the first of many and perhaps this is the resurgence of Mercedes to put the cheating redbull team in it's place🤬

Reactions: Tony_J

Chumpchops

Wammer
Oct 3, 2014
Bristol
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Unlikely it seems.

Very sad.

You may have slightly rose tainted specs on the nostalgia. I have been following F1 long enough to remember the manipulations and favouritism of politics displyed by Jean Marie Balstre, Max Mosley, Bernie E and Jean Todt in ‘fixing’ the sport.

The Senna/Balstre spats were legendary, likewise Bernie and JT so favoured Ferrari, Mosley and Maclaren were too close at times. The Concord Agreement always favoured certain large teams.

The rules interpretation and shaping to suit certain teams with the right brand and budget, have and continue to be a constant them in FIA.

It’s an ongoing saga today. One we are now spoon fed via Netflix and social media, as Horner/Wolff and STefano D all play F1 poker.

But we all still love wheel to wheel racing. And there are still plenty hard racers on he grid

Reactions: garn63 and MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The major change that has occured which has changed F1 forever is it's purchase by an Arab backed company & there appears to be constant meddling in the background. I still believe the fiasco at the end of last season was manipulated by the owners to stop Mercedes taking another championship & have a new champion.

The constant interferance at wet races was unheard of before the buy out of Bernie infact he wanted to have wet races even when there was no rain.

The handling of the Redbull overspend is another example of behind the scenes interferance they should have been fined a years budget and 50% points deduction as a minimum.

I agree the wheel to wheel racing has improved a bit but all the changes have not produced what was promised.

Chumpchops

Wammer
Oct 3, 2014
Bristol
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The major change that has occured which has changed F1 forever is it's purchase by an Arab backed company & there appears to be constant meddling in the background. I still believe the fiasco at the end of last season was manipulated by the owners to stop Mercedes taking another championship & have a new champion.

The constant interferance at wet races was unheard of before the buy out of Bernie infact he wanted to have wet races even when there was no rain.

The handling of the Redbull overspend is another example of behind the scenes interferance they should have been fined a years budget and 50% points deduction as a minimum.

I agree the wheel to wheel racing has improved a bit but all the changes have not produced what was promised.

SA has not bought F1? Liberty still holds the rights.

SA has however bought F1 team stakes in both Aston Martin (minority) this year and MAclaren (majority) last year.

Arab ownership in F1 is nothing new. The successful Maclaran Mercedes Vodafone F1 team was also majority owned by Bahrain investment group back in 2013.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I hear what your saying but have doubts about who owns what myself & who's actually in control these days

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's so big (corporate sponsorship,World players) that Lewis was fortunate not to have his wings clipped years ago.
They want a show. They want sponsorship. They want to win, BUT the racing, although an integral part, has to fit their own agendas.
Not unlike football is now, F1 is ruled by those that only ever get their own way. We occasionally get lost and enjoy a rare spectacle.
I think Lewis, when retired, will see those that he opposes right now might have given him the lifestyle he loves. Perhaps he will smile at the way of the World.
*We are all played very well by the orchestators of our lives imo. :)
Looking forward to maybe the chance of an eventful race on Sunday. What I would love is 3 or 4 talented drivers battling it out for a season for "our" entertainment. Let's hope for that.

Reactions: MVJ and Chumpchops

Chumpchops

Wammer
Oct 3, 2014
Bristol
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looking forward to maybe the chance of an eventful race on Sunday. What I would love is 3 or 4 talented drivers battling

100% this.

I’d like to say that now RBR/MV have ‘won’ <cough> both titles, the rest should be free from the ‘terrier aggression‘ to race for what’s left.

However I suspect that MV, to curry favour with RBR and world critics, now he has what he wants, and to therefore do exactly what Perez did for him last year in AD - that is back up the pack and let Checo go - when he ‘won’ he first DWC.

I also want to see the rest fight it out wheel to wheel.

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cheko Perez was integral to Max's success. Don't think Max chooses to see this, instead blaming one discrepancy because he wants it all ?
He is undoubtedly talented, but needs a strong team, & RB will ponder to his needs until it all goes tits up. Ferrari beckoning ? :)

Chumpchops

Wammer
Oct 3, 2014
Bristol
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ferrari beckoning ?

I‘d be surprised. Both Scuderia drivers are, imho, as talented as MV on track, and unlike MV, also work well together off the track.

They are also both very handsome and charismatic lads for the Ferrari brand image, unlike……:ninja:

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Max Verstappen has been whining & moaning about the response on social media & in the media about his refusal to let Perez past on the last lap of last weeks race🙄

He just keeps saying they don't know the facts behind his actions & how disgusting and vile it all is WTF!!!!

Maybe if he spoke openly about his reasons people may have understood but he has refused to do so at any time.

What an arrogant dickhead thinking no one would react to him coming across as a complete ignorant arsehole. Take your nasty medicine Max you have certainly earned it you tool👍
1668773320348.png 1668773320348.png

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Would serve him right if RB gave him the heave ho - not the image they want to promote.

Chumpchops

Wammer
Oct 3, 2014
Bristol
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Would serve him right if RB gave him the heave ho - not the image they want to promote.
They seem to be right behind him in a very indulgent manner.

He will mature and temper the arroganc, then maybe look back and reflect on his first 2 WCs. It happened to both Schumacher and Vettel if you look back to some of their early antics and arrogant attitudes. Vettel now a senior statesman with plenty of humility and very well thought of in the annal’s of WCs.

Even Senna became reflective in his latter year and Schumacher walks away with grace.

Young Max still has a lot to learn. Building respect on and off the track is as important as the results in the long term.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I seem to recall when schumacher made his return to F1 with Mercedes he spent most of the time during races being as difficult as he could.

He was just being his usual arrogant self as he had always been And finally to the other drivers great relief he left Mercedes under a cloud To final retirement & as they say the rest is history.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Can't see them doing that as he has demonstrated how much talent he has but treating him with kid gloves is a big mistake.

He now believes he's bigger than the team (bit like Beckham at Man U) they should be taking him out of the car as punishment for the last race.

Then rub salt in the sore by putting one of the young drivers in to give them some experience And forget Perez being second to see if he can achieve it by beating Lecclerc himself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles