First hifi recommendations £ 2000/2500. Elac Navis?

lindsayt

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 19, 2009
Huddersfield, , Unit
Just to be clear, I'm not denigrating the full range thing. It's not my personal bag, but I'm not saying it has no merit, merely that it's a bit of a "leftfield" choice to begin a life of hi-fi with. I can't think of anyone I know who would have started out by building their own system. Appreciated that back in the day, kits were often the only way to go but the world has moved on from that position. I'd be interested to hear what your suggestion would sound like
The situation that we have now in 2023 is that dealer bought brand new equipment offers such poor to mediocre sound quality for the money that there is no logical reason to spend £1800 on the likes of Elac ARB-51's when £500ish can get you sorted with a bespoke Fane solution.

So often in life the better way forward is via the unusual or unconventional route. This is a prime example of that.
So often in life, doing "the same as everyone else" leads to poor to mediocre / unsatisfying results.

personpitch

New Wammer
Mar 22, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@personpitch These would get my vote in your situation. I’ve now heard these and was pretty impressed!!

777E8A03-5062-4C15-BE5A-27890C939E24.jpeg
I have to say that I really like the look of these. I know that sound is very subjective, but how would you describe them? Also, do you think that those feet at the bottom can move easily or not?

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have to say that I really like the look of these. I know that sound is very subjective, but how would you describe them? Also, do you think that those feet at the bottom can move easily or not?
The feet are fixed. Sound wise? I would have to say you need to go and listen. They are very deceptive. The scale and power were quite surprising considering how slim they are. A clever design.

personpitch

New Wammer
Mar 22, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The feet are fixed. Sound wise? I would have to say you need to go and listen. They are very deceptive. The scale and power were quite surprising considering how slim they are. A clever design.
Ok so if I need to move them I need to fully lift them off the floor? I'm planning to visit richer sounds and seven oaks, both in Holborn (London)

Reactions: Rockchild

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online