Wammer
Feb 6, 2006
Oxfordshire
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I have had this for around 9-months, swapping between a Bryston B60R and this, and overall I prefer the Bryston so this is up for sale.

It's very similar to the whole range of Denon flagship integrated amplifiers (PMA-2####) like the PMA-2000AE & PMA-2500NE, which I have also owned. It is very conservatively rated at 80w/8Ohms & 160w/4Ohms but has no trouble with either the 80dB ATC SCM10 or 92dB/4Ohm KEF Three-Two. It has a great Phono stage, plenty of inputs as well as a Pre Out and a Main In (to use as a Power Amp). It also has the original dinky little remote control too.

This is a very large amplifier, its very deep so make sure it fits in your rack, and you can lift it! :ROFLMAO:

Cosmetically its as far as I can see, Mint. It even appears to have the original warranty stickers on the case.

In use it works perfectly apart from one specific issue that comes and goes. When you turn it on with the main power button, sometimes it sends a thump through the speakers and goes into protection mode. I have however found a workaround, when you turn it on, using the supplied remote control put it into standby, leave it for ~5-min and then take it off standby with the remote and its fine. I usually leave it on standby anyway so this has not been an issue for me. The Thump is loud but does not damage the speakers. In use, there are no other issues, no crackling through the speakers, all the knobs/features work as they should.

I don't have the original box but I do have one suitable, but as this is getting on for 25Kg, shipping would be quite expensive.

I am looking for £600 plus postage. Collection from Oxfordshire.

Specs Here (and Owners Manual)
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-F8g1membmPn/p_033PMA2KIV/Denon-PMA-2000IVR.html

Denon PMA-2000IVR by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

I'll get some more photos up over the weekend.

HoopsOnToast

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 6, 2006
Oxfordshire
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Reactions: robbyrtp and Bazzer

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think this will be a great sounding amp, the higher end Denons are very good and unfairly under the radar compared to some other Japanese brands. I suspect the idea of a large thump through a potential buyer's precious speakers will be putting people off. Is there an authorized service centre in the UK who could look at it for any buyer?

HoopsOnToast

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 6, 2006
Oxfordshire
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I think this will be a great sounding amp, the higher end Denons are very good and unfairly under the radar compared to some other Japanese brands. I suspect the idea of a large thump through a potential buyer's precious speakers will be putting people off. Is there an authorized service centre in the UK who could look at it for any buyer?
I have enquired to a few people but did not get a response back.

Henderson

New Wammer
Jul 18, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I have had this for around 9-months, swapping between a Bryston B60R and this, and overall I prefer the Bryston so this is up for sale.

It's very similar to the whole range of Denon flagship integrated amplifiers (PMA-2####) like the PMA-2000AE & PMA-2500NE, which I have also owned. It is very conservatively rated at 80w/8Ohms & 160w/4Ohms but has no trouble with either the 80dB ATC SCM10 or 92dB/4Ohm KEF Three-Two. It has a great Phono stage, plenty of inputs as well as a Pre Out and a Main In (to use as a Power Amp). It also has the original dinky little remote control too.

This is a very large amplifier, its very deep so make sure it fits in your rack, and you can lift it! :ROFLMAO:

Cosmetically its as far as I can see, Mint. It even appears to have the original warranty stickers on the case.

In use it works perfectly apart from one specific issue that comes and goes. When you turn it on with the main power button, sometimes it sends a thump through the speakers and goes into protection mode. I have however found a workaround, when you turn it on, using the supplied remote control put it into standby, leave it for ~5-min and then take it off standby with the remote and its fine. I usually leave it on standby anyway so this has not been an issue for me. The Thump is loud but does not damage the speakers. In use, there are no other issues, no crackling through the speakers, all the knobs/features work as they should.

I don't have the original box but I do have one suitable, but as this is getting on for 25Kg, shipping would be quite expensive.

I am looking for £600 plus postage. Collection from Oxfordshire.

Specs Here (and Owners Manual)
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-F8g1membmPn/p_033PMA2KIV/Denon-PMA-2000IVR.html

Denon PMA-2000IVR by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

I'll get some more photos up over the weekend.
Hi, are you able to ship to Singapore?

HoopsOnToast

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 6, 2006
Oxfordshire
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I can now offer delivery on this, its boxed up ready to go and on a small pallet if the buyer would like to arrange collection.

Now Reduced to £500.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles