Chord Electronics Unveil Hugo 2, Blu 2 and Poly at CES!

HiFi Lounge

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Sep 24, 2012
Millow, Beds
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hi All,

Well it was certainly a big CES this year for Chord Electronics with the announcement of 3 new and very exciting products, just so you know Chord are taking Pre-Orders so if you want to be near the front of the queue please get in touch as these are bound to be as popular as any product Chord has launched recently.

Hugo 2 Headphone Amp / DAC

I think it is fair to say that the original Hugo was a real game changer when launched in 2013, I think it’s success even surprised Chord as it caught everyones imagination, originally designed to be a portable device it ended up finding it’s way into a lot of home highend systems, being that that digital world moves along so quick Hugo 2 really does look to move things along again using the latest DAC technology and Rob Watt’s magic, please see a snippet from Chord’s website below + you can read more on our site -

http://hifilounge.co.uk/chord-hugo-2

‘The legend, remastered. The world’s most advanced transportable DAC/Headphone Amp has undergone a drastic redesign – Welcome to Hugo 2.

Beginning with 26,000 taps back in 2013 with the original Hugo, Hugo 2 now has an incredible 49,152 and uses techniques developed over the past four years to deliver a stunningly clear audio performance, such has never been heard from a mobile DAC/Headphone Amp before.

Hugo doesn’t just deliver better performance and measurements, it’s got all new casework developed by Chief Designer – John Franks, increases PCM support to 768kHz and adds up to DSD512 (Octa-DSD) native playback, now includes four filter options, remote control functionality, increased Bluetooth range, and sports Micro USB charging.’

Blu II Upscaling CD Transport

Personally I am really looking froward to this one as it promises to take CD playback to new levels using a powerful new FPGA core where Rob Watts has developed sophisticated WTA (Watts Transient Alignment) filtering and upscaling algorithms which can output digital data at 705.6kHz (16 x CD’s 44.1kHz native resolution). I know a few people that have heard it and they say CD has never sounded better, there certainly seems to be life left in the old dog yet :)

http://hifilounge.co.uk/chord-blu-2-transport

‘Welcome to Blu Mk. II – CD Without Limits – The Blu Mk. II is our advanced second generation FPGA CD transport. Designed for DAVE it up samples your CD collection (or BNC/S/PDIF input) to a mighty ONE MILLION taps.

At its core lies a giant state of the art Xilinx XC7A200T FPGA loaded with the world’s most advanced filter technology by Rob Watts. This, combined with the legendary precision of the CD Pro 2 mechanism and a Chord Electronics proprietary switch mode power supply, creates an experience never heard before from CD – setting a new standard. Blu Mk. II also sports a stunning revised aesthetic developed by Chord’s Chief Designer – John Franks.’

Poly Wireless Streaming Module for Mojo

This one had been rumoured for some time so it is great to see it finally see the light of day, basically Poly is a plug on module that will turn the award winning Mojo into a Hi-Res wireless network player and SD card player, in reality making the Mojo a portable player, this could be another game changer from Chord.

http://hifilounge.co.uk/chord-poly

‘Mojo just got smarter – Connect. Play Go. with Poly – the Wireless Network SD Playback Module.

Poly allows the award-award wining Mojo DAC/Headphone amplifier to become a high resolution wireless network music player, streamer, and SD card playback device, removing the need for a wired link. It’s based on a condensed high-level PC, with data server, DNLA streamer, Wi-Fi hub, Bluetooth module, and SD card reader/player.’

So 3 really exciting products that we will have available for demo one launched, all are quoted for early 2017 so I would say around late February / March but once Chord are back from CES I will be able to get firmer details but please feel free to get in touch to discuss in more depth.

Regards,

Paul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles