Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2009
Scotland
AKA
happy enough
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
so i know its not my hifi system, but i am pleasantly surprised about the sound comming form my recently accuiered cambridge audio azure 350 c , its spinns along nicely, different to teh beresford dac early model, good for headphone use , i have been using but nothing so very different, just presentation , if that makes sence,.

there is often one or two for sale for around £50 it seems i picked mine up for i think 30 pounds, a while ago, its nice and quiet as well spinning,.

lowendall

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2009
Scotland
AKA
happy enough
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
yes in deed , its £3 a box in some places, in fife, , and over a tenner for fish and chips, ?? i sort of have stopped going not so much the cost but the crappy service at counter, the take away orders etc, just get prioraty etc, , dear me , first worl problems, hey ,

antonio66

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 12, 2018
Grimsby/Phnom Penh
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I remember ordering 6d portions of chips and a friend, not much older than myself remembers 4d worth. When ordering, you asked for a piece and six, meaning one fish and one chips. That's old pennies for those too young to remember. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Signs and hiesteem

lowendall

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2009
Scotland
AKA
happy enough
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
just plonked this basic old cambridge audio cd player azure 350 c thing on russ andrews balsa wood shelf i havent a clue but it does seem to some how help the sound pop a little?? nt a clue how, but there you go , actually a bmc recording a sample of hungarian jazz, called little bird in the lee, and it seems mostly recorded mastered nicely, for my modest systm nd genral listenning were cooking with gas, lovely,. its a jazz wise sampler that came with the magazine, , just a shame plenty other cds sound poor,. but there you go , .

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I take it they are rare?

edit googled for "1933 penny" - they seem to be VERY RARE - so rare that if one turned up I'd suspect it was fake, but I'd still let someone give me a lot of money for it
Last one sold in 2016 for £72k

• Wow
Reactions: robin and TIU

Ray Vardy

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Nov 18, 2018
Planet Earth
raysplace.com
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
so i know its not my hifi system, but i am pleasantly surprised about the sound comming form my recently accuiered cambridge audio azure 350 c , its spinns along nicely, different to teh beresford dac early model, good for headphone use , i have been using but nothing so very different, just presentation , if that makes sence,.

there is often one or two for sale for around £50 it seems i picked mine up for i think 30 pounds, a while ago, its nice and quiet as well spinning,.
List price 10yrs ago £230.00. How long do lasers last for on these..?

YouTube search today £90 with delivery, no way..

Reactions: lowendall

lowendall

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2009
Scotland
AKA
happy enough
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
List price 10yrs ago £230.00. How long do lasers last for on these..?

YouTube search today £90 with delivery, no way..
hi yes 90 pounds seem very high price, seen many around 50 pounds maybe 60 pick up , i am very soon putting my beresford dac and a little half sizze denon f101 in hear for sale, really cheap , i will ping you i hope to do it tommorow, cheap, it sounds great, i just need the space i got a small hifi listenning area and two many bits of hifi audio uipment, regards rich

Ray Vardy

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Nov 18, 2018
Planet Earth
raysplace.com
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
hi yes 90 pounds seem very high price, seen many around 50 pounds maybe 60 pick up , i am very soon putting my beresford dac and a little half sizze denon f101 in hear for sale, really cheap , i will ping you i hope to do it tommorow, cheap, it sounds great, i just need the space i got a small hifi listenning area and two many bits of hifi audio uipment, regards rich
Thanks Rich but I'm good, I'm going to go with a blu-ray player as it will fit in with my TV and other hifi gear quite well (Mrs wants to play her cds despite us having Qobuz and Tidal streaming

Best.

lowendall

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2009
Scotland
AKA
happy enough
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Rich but I'm good, I'm going to go with a blu-ray player as it will fit in with my TV and other hifi gear quite well (Mrs wants to play her cds despite us having Qobuz and Tidal streaming

Best.
Sounds good . Rich

lowendall

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2009
Scotland
AKA
happy enough
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Best.
just hope you dont mind me asking how does the qobuz and ridal streaming sound , , i have not at all got in to the streamig stuff, but i am looking around, but also not keen to buy moreboxes etc, i suppose i would need a dac of some sort,? i just literally got rid ofa beresford for20 pounds including a nice posh lead, its just the way , things toomuch stuff no space, also stuff upsetting partner etc, etc,.

Reactions: Ray Vardy

bilspe

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 2, 2015
Cornwall
AKA
Bill
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

I pulled an Azur 640 CD along with it's matching amp out of the local council skip. The amp was in protection mode and my tech guy said he couldn't fix it which was disappointing but the CD works fine. Why does this thing sound so bloody good ? They fetch about 40quid on ebad. I've had in the past a Musical Fidelity A5 and also a Sony CDP557 but this Cambridge seems almost on a par

lowendall

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2009
Scotland
AKA
happy enough
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I pulled an Azur 640 CD along with it's matching amp out of the local council skip. The amp was in protection mode and my tech guy said he couldn't fix it which was disappointing but the CD works fine. Why does this thing sound so bloody good ? They fetch about 40quid on ebad. I've had in the past a Musical Fidelity A5 and also a Sony CDP557 but this Cambridge seems almost on a par
bloody hell out the skip , nice to hear your opinion re comparing to much more expensive, mind you out the skip even a bacon buttie is more expensive, i am quiet happy with mine for whati payed , i prehaps payed a bitmore than i should but its a not bad thing, ,.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles