Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
At last year's Scalford show I ran a charity sale on behalf of Cancer Research UK, and it made an astonishing £400+ for the charity. :shock: :^

- I had been hoping for £100 or so, but the generosity of show goers was amazing - I am damn sure I didn't sell that much worth of stuff, it must have been top-up cash donations that made the big difference.

Superb effort, folks. :notworthy:

I plan to run a sale again on behalf of the charity this year, and Stu (Russ Abbott) has kindly allowed me to use a corner of his HUGE room to run the sale. :^ Somerby, 1st floor.

As last year, if anyone cares to bring along saleable LPs, CDs, hifi bits etc to donate for sale for the charity then that will be fab. :flowers:

I'll be there or around from 8.00-ish Sunday morning.

gingermrkettle

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 22, 2013
Warwickshire
AKA
Stephen
Thinking about it I may have to ask to join in with this for the records I have, as it will become fairly obvious once we are there why we need to get them moved on sharpish.

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'll remove my Mission 760i from the classifieds and bring them , bit tatty but work fine.

Pierre The Bear

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 19, 2009
LEEDS
AKA
John
Hi Jerry,

I should have spoke to you sooner about this (my apologies for not mentioning sooner) but I have a fairly sizeable box of bits and bats ranging from things like dvd players, cd players, interconnects, speaker cables, speakers, an LCD TV, a perfectly fine working home cinema projector, a Cyrus centre speaker, some spikes, a few HDMI cables, some racking, a PC, a laptop, plus various other hi-fi\AV kit that I was going to put on the spirit of the wam when I had chance for the exact same charity.

I haven't had chance to do it so far so this is the perfect opportunity. Can I just give you all this kit for your room sale and whatever you don't manage to sell you can either give me it back and I'll give it to my local cancer research shop or I\we can put it on the spirit of the wam and if anyone thinks It's worth a quid or two they can donate.

I did consider donating some of my old CD collection from my raving youth days but I don't think there anyone in the wam who is into old school rave\house music let alone hard house and hard trance.

If any of you are though.....pm me.

brystonian

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 23, 2012
Bedfordshire
AKA
Jim
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Jerry,

I've got a couple of pairs of decent interconnects you can have for the sale.

I'm not going to able to make it this year, but PM me your address and I'll pop them in the post.

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Jerry,I should have spoke to you sooner about this (my apologies for not mentioning sooner) but I have a fairly sizeable box of bits and bats ranging from things like dvd players, cd players, interconnects, speaker cables, speakers, an LCD TV, a perfectly fine working home cinema projector, a Cyrus centre speaker, some spikes, a few HDMI cables, some racking, a PC, a laptop, plus various other hi-fi\AV kit that I was going to put on the spirit of the wam when I had chance for the exact same charity.

I haven't had chance to do it so far so this is the perfect opportunity. Can I just give you all this kit for your room sale and whatever you don't manage to sell you can either give me it back and I'll give it to my local cancer research shop or I\we can put it on the spirit of the wam and if anyone thinks It's worth a quid or two they can donate.

I did consider donating some of my old CD collection from my raving youth days but I don't think there anyone in the wam who is into old school rave\house music let alone hard house and hard trance.

If any of you are though.....pm me.
Phantabulous, John. :^ :^

Yup, bring along whatever you can and yes (please!!) at the end of the day take it away again if any hasn't sold! :D

I've a couple of CD players of my own I'll be putting up for sale for the charity - I was going to 'advertise' them on this thread a week or so in advance of the Show.

If you can do the same for your stuff that would be great. A simple list will be fine.

My thinking is that it will give folks the chance to do a bit of Goggling etc and decide if they are interested.

Also, I think it's wrong to pre-judge what folks might be interested in - there's a pretty broad spectrum of tastes on the Wam (to say the least! :p ) and it's not just Wammers who attend anyway - so, yep, bring all the music and kit you can and let's see what goes!

There's lots of room in Stu's Somerby room (which is why I asked him if he would host the sale), so the more the merrier and the more £££ for Cancer Research. :^

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Jerry, I've got a couple of pairs of decent interconnects you can have for the sale.

I'm not going to able to make it this year, but PM me your address and I'll pop them in the post.
That's great, Jim.

PM on its way. :)

Eckythump

Numpty
Wammer
Oct 2, 2009
Lancashire Lad
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I'm loking forward to this bring and buy sale and am after another CD player so will be keeping an eye on this thread for the updates.

Well done Jerry.

I'll drop some bits off on the morning, (cables etc), and let's hope you raise a bundle for this worthy charity.

gintonic

Noise, distortion & faff
Wammer Plus
Apr 25, 2012
no where
AKA
simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a little bundle of CDs that I can leave on your table - having recently been through my CDs I discovered some doubles.

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks guys :^

AudioAl has offered to donate this lovely hifi rack :^ thanks Allen.

If anyone wants it for say £40 or whatever, it would be best if someone said so in advance so it wasn't lugged along in vain!

Obviously (?) the more someone is willing to pay the better as it's for The Cause. :)

I understand that it is a bit tatty.

Anyone like to make a firm offer? :)

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And 2 CD players of my own being donated for the sale .....

Philips CD630, no remote. Has the famed TDA1541A chip. :) Case a bit marked but plays OK. Guide price: £15.

And a Technics SL-PG490, with remote.

Lovely machine this, great sound for peanuts ... Guide price: £30.

Mains leads not supplied. Both take figure-of-8 connectors.

naxos10

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 8, 2009
Staffordshire
AKA
Alan
My wife also wants to get in on the donations to your worthwhile charity and would like to offer my Ringmat 330 MKII XLR (I think).

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My wife also wants to get in on the donations to your worthwhile charity and would like to offer my Ringmat 330 MKII XLR (I think).
Excellent! -- but what do you think of the wife's plan, Alan?! :D

Fab if you do bring it along - what sort of price do you think we should ask?

naxos10

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 8, 2009
Staffordshire
AKA
Alan
SWMBO plan is sound Jerry and I dare say there will be a few other bits she will want (me) to donate so I will bring whatever they is along to the show.

This mat has had part on the outer ring re-glued as it came loose but I tested before and after and could not define any difference in the sound ( I did use cork and paper glue) so I would say somewhere between £10 and £15 would be a fair price (they are currently £60 new) and you would get a £18 trade in against a new one. I do not have the original packaging but will bring it along in a LP sized mailer.

Mike2000

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 24, 2010
Bedford, UK
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm digging out an old pair of Revolver Purdey speakers this weekend, if they still work I will bring them along for you to sell.

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks to all who are supporting this sale. :)

If you could include a photo of the offered items in this thread as well as a "Guide Price" that will help sales I am sure. :^

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles