Buying Music Heard At Scalford 2015

sunbeamgls

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 19, 2011
North Wales
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I noticed some note taking and 'Shazaming' going on at Scalford. Who has bought what as a result of what they heard there please?

rmsshipbroker

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 4, 2012
Yorkshire
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Crystal Castles, all three albums.

Steve, barneys dad, introduced me to a track called "birds", an insane swirling noise fest that assaults the ears.

I love it. :^

edd9000

Listens to graphs.
Wammer
Feb 13, 2013
Spalding
AKA
Edd
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Weepin' Willie - At last On Time for me, great blues, streamed it a few times on Tidal, just need to order it.

Kraftwerk, Tour De France, never really listened to Kraftwerk, but this album surprised me.

Valvebloke

Wammer
Dec 3, 2009
Didcot, Oxon
AKA
Graeme
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Still to get round to it, but the list includes Whites Off Earth Now by the Cowboy Junkies (courtesy of Paul and Sam), The Empresses of Africa (with the Angelique Kidjo/Hendrix ear worm) which I heard through Ian's Harbeths I think, courtesy of the chap next to me and Let Them Talk by Hugh Laurie (courtesy of Keith and Jane). These are the ones I can remember, but there were one or two more (list is currently out in the workshop).

VB

Samantha

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 17, 2007
South Lincolnshire
AKA
Samantha
Many people bought that delightful gentle music with the chap with the soothing voice & poetry like lyrics, that you played in our room Saturday night Graeme? ;-)

mmichbam

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 22, 2013
Spalding
AKA
Mick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A visitor to my room asked for a track from Rebecca Pidgeon's - The Raven album he had brought, enjoyed the track so ordered the album.

Valvebloke

Wammer
Dec 3, 2009
Didcot, Oxon
AKA
Graeme
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Many people bought that delightful gentle music with the chap with the soothing voice & poetry like lyrics, that you played in our room Saturday night Graeme? ;-)
Really ? They will be pleased.

[video=youtube;VSlQszmo1Gc]

VB

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had one chap waxing lyrical about the Icicle Works tracks I played and another listened to my version of Swing Out Sister's 'Breakout' live at Jazz Cafe, then promplty whipped out the whole live album on CD from his bag and asked to hear one of the other tracks!

Consequently, I need to find the aforementioned SOS album, plus the 'Helen EP' by The Wave Pictures which another visitor asked me to play and I really enjoyed - he asked for one track and i ended up playing the whole of one side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles