Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 10, 2018
North Somerset UK
AKA
Raymond
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Me, I've been going on and off since the early days. Always a good day out. I've even booked the Friday off work as prefer this day.

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yep, I normally spend the weekend there and have a bash on Saturday night. Chance to catch up with other reviewers at the Show and get the goss on Critic.

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I missed the pre-Covid show, so that must have been Feb 2020, and it’s not happened since, but I do hope to go this time.

The city is only about an hour from home and I’ve been attending on and off since I was relocated to work in Bristol in 1990.

Reactions: newlash09

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Saturday and Sunday ,,
I only missed the ones due to covid . Went every year with my late wife ..
Taking Diane this year for a weekend away , booked into the future inn just down the road and an evening meal on a barge down by the docks
While I’m listening to the music during the day Diane will be shopping!!!!!

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Usually a decent show
Can get a tad busy .. buy tickets beforehand so your not queuing in the cold .. there’s sometimes a collection for a local charity, one year you could have your photo taken with a Star wars stormtrooper

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The old trick for avoiding the worst of the crowds used to be to start at the top of the show and work down a couple of floors, then as the majority of people head up, skip to the basement and then follow everyone upwards, but a floor or two behind the masses. I've not been for years now so I suspect many have got wise to that trick, so may not be quite as effective as it used to be.

I'm thinking of going as not been since about 2018. It's a nice day out but I found that, a bit like the Ideal Home show, if you go every year, not much changes. Will probably go on the Sunday if I do make it

Last edited:

Amormusic

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I live in Bristol. Some recommendations for anyone staying overnight for an evening meal:

Miller & Carter on College Green for a fantastic steak meal.

Urban Tandoor in Small Street in town centre for an awesome curry (they are booked weeks ahead, book asap if you want to go). The Lamb Mullabar! Omg, so good!

You're welcome 😉

Edit: and for a cracking lunch, head to St Nicks Market and there are loads of excellent food stalls there. Be prepared to have to queue a bit though as they are very popular (as really nice food).

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hopefully be there Saturday. Now I live in Wales Bristol is only about 30 mins away on the train so can even get a sneaky few beers in as well. Last time I went to a show was way back in the Heathrow days with HFN.

Reactions: eddie-baby

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is it just me but went to the site to have a browse as this is a good 3/4 hour drive if I decide to go . Clicked the floor plan and got the message 2023 being worked on and will be available nearer the show time . So okay let's have a look at the show guide and same message . This is cutting it a bit close and how are you going to convince prospective visitors to come with no real details .

Metatron

Aurally Satisfied
Wammer
Jan 15, 2009
Remote
AKA
Varies by deed poll
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is cutting it a bit close and how are you going to convince prospective visitors to come with no real details .
Audiophilia can be an addiction and the equipment is the drugs.

You don't have to declare which drugs to hardened junkies. Just having drugs is enough for them to show up.

Reactions: Ergot and robin

Zaiden

Wammer
Dec 7, 2021
London
randomc.net
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The old trick for avoiding the worst of the crowds used to be to start at the top of the show and work down a couple of floors, then as the majority of people head up, skip to the basement and then follow everyone upwards, but a floor or two behind the masses. I've not been for years now so I suspect many have got wise to that trick, so may not be quite as effective as it used to be.

I'm thinking of going as not been since about 2018. It's a nice day out but I found that, a bit like the Ideal Home show, if you go every year, not much changes. Will probably go on the Sunday if I do make it

Yeah I tried this trick at the most recent WAM Show and can report it did not work, lol.

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is it just me but went to the site to have a browse as this is a good 3/4 hour drive if I decide to go . Clicked the floor plan and got the message 2023 being worked on and will be available nearer the show time . So okay let's have a look at the show guide and same message . This is cutting it a bit close and how are you going to convince prospective visitors to come with no real details .
The exhibiting brands section probably gives as much info. as the floorplan would, and does actually say what room many will be in. Not much use if you were after info. on any particular models on show though.

I hope to make it but not sure which day is more likely currently.

awkwardbydesign

Perfect, apparently.
Wammer
Mar 5, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Plymouth to Bristol.
I fancy going this year, but driving on my own is boring. Does anyone from the Plymouth area, or on the route, want a lift? Preferably Friday. Help with fuel/parking costs welcome but not essential. Or a lift with someone, and it doesn't have to be Friday, but that is usually a less busy day.

Hertz

Wammer
Jan 11, 2022
I will be there on Saturday and probably a few hours first half on Sunday before catching the flight back to Edinburgh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles