Brandy

robin

Good bye
Wammer Plus
Dec 6, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm a bit of a brandy fan, my favourite so far is mataxa 7 star, I got it at Crete airport for £23.00 for a litre bottle, fantastic value, in fortunately I only bought two, but Amazon are selling it, I recommend you try it

savvypaul

NVA Hi-Fi
HiFi Trade
Jan 11, 2017
Durham Uk
nvahifi.co.uk
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm a fan of ,Cognac, Calvados and Armagnac. I usually find the Greek (and Spanish) brandies to be a little 'too much raisin' but I like to keep an open mind...and a full glass. :cool:

Reactions: robin and Tony_J

AntA

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Broadway Worcs
AKA
Tony
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I used to buy Asbach Uralt German Brandy. Not had it for a while......but it's nearly Christmas and I think I might treat myself.

Reactions: deggie and robin

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just a personal choice and I freely admit to not liking the almost vapour French high end brandy . Miguel Torres 10 is not his high end he does a 15 and a 20 but they lose the Power for me so his Ten is my favourite and frankly very hard to beat . Waitrose sell it as does Amazon but they are getting a little expensive . Most times I buy a few bottles in any Spanish Duty free at around 14E per litre .

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm a fan of ,Cognac, Calvados and Armagnac. I usually find the Greek (and Spanish) brandies to be a little 'too much raisin' but I like to keep an open mind...and a full glass. :cool:
I've never found "too much raisin' to be a problem - I plan to be raisin plenty a glass tonight 🤣

Generally find Armagnac and Calvados to be more interesting than the run of the mill brandies, and Grappa is always good for stripping the plaque off your teeth - save a fortune in dental bills 😁

savvypaul

NVA Hi-Fi
HiFi Trade
Jan 11, 2017
Durham Uk
nvahifi.co.uk
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I've never found "too much raisin' to be a problem - I plan to be raisin plenty a glass tonight 🤣

Generally find Armagnac and Calvados to be more interesting than the run of the mill brandies, and Grappa is always good for stripping the plaque off your teeth - save a fortune in dental bills 😁
I can manage a wallop of Grappa, alright, but it's no longer as cheapo and cheerful as it ought to be.

Lately, I've fallen under the spell of the Hors d'age Pacory Calvados which is 70% pears and 30% apples.

Reactions: robin

Freddyflybuttons

Freddyflybuttons
Wammer
Jan 19, 2020
Cornwall
AKA
Steve Powell
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
12 star is one of my favourites, just got another bottle on my way back from Zante last week. In a different league to 5 or 7 star. There is even a 'reserve' which was another £15 or so which I've not tried yet.....
If you like Spanish Brandy, then Duque d'Alba is pretty special too.

Reactions: robin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles