Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I certainly think it was the best attended.

Huge thanks to everyone that helped, either directly or by exhibiting. Some fantastic systems and a huge amount of work and effort put in by everyone. A team effort and lots of fun.

gintonic

Noise, distortion & faff
Wammer Plus
Apr 25, 2012
no where
AKA
simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As a visitor for the third year running, both me and the Mrs, think this was the best show yet. A big thankyou to James and all that contributed to a great show.

M

Mike P

Really good show. Some excellent sounding systems and good to meet up with other Wammers again. Thanks James for all your hard work. :^

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
5th year I think? really good to see so many more ladies there this year . perhaps some more to join sam !!

thanks to all who lugged their kit there . all those reel to reel decks and the huge horns . very grateful to you all who risked your kit to make a very successful show

thanks also the the chap freezing all day on parking duty . even the police came to visit to respond to the complaints about the parking all the way down the road but they soon zoomed off

Polarbear

Old bear
Wammer Plus
Jul 24, 2005
AKA
PB
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
An excellent day out enjoyed by karen and myself.

A big thank you for those that made the effort to put the show together, all those that made a huge effort to show their systems and to all those that attended to make it another great success.

baltika_no_9

Entropy Magnet
Wammer
Sep 28, 2005
Clanfield, Hampshire
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Fantastic day indeed. The effort that the organisers and exhibitors went to so that we idlers could simply sit back and listen is widely recognised and rightly so. Thank you all. Even if I had kit worth showing the strife in carting it to Scalford and setting it up is very daunting. Clearly a lightweight.

Beckenham

Vintage Wammer
Wammer
Dec 23, 2008
London
AKA
Fernando
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have been in Scallford in 2013, my first time, i think thats one of the best HiFi show in Britain, familiar, friendly, great essence and great atmosphere aswell, not commercial, very nice with great audio systems i hear and see, with great selection of good music.

I made a photo report show, but for any reason a few days when i revisited my thread all pictures are gone...

gintonic

Noise, distortion & faff
Wammer Plus
Apr 25, 2012
no where
AKA
simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Fantastic day indeed. The effort that the organisers and exhibitors went to so that we idlers could simply sit back and listen is widely recognised and rightly so. Thank you all. Even if I had kit worth showing the strife in carting it to Scalford and setting it up is very daunting. Clearly a lightweight.
I echo that.....this is the third time we've been and we ponder exhibiting....but its daunting as you say.....

G

Excellent show that is possibly unrivaled on the planet.

Lots of ££££'s raised for charity.

And the busiest I've ever seen it.

Show personal highlights were:

Those reel to reels from Lodgesound.

That room was like a giant magnet.

Somerby room, mainly because of the comfy settee.

Stu was a great host & played some awesome choons.

The Trojan Dub Reggae being a standout.

Could listen to that system all day long.

Serge knocked my socks clean off.

How he got that organ (Bach?) music so powerful defies physics.

Private Dining Room (PMAC) thanks for playing Mono pressing of Otis Blue...in mono.

Chelsea Dave, JVS, Rick, Dean, sounded like music & not hifi.

Adam (Beobloke) did something extraordinary with some flee size speakers & a big sub.

Paul & Sam proved again that you dont have to throw daft money about to get great sound.

Sligoland's Quad statics & Art Audio amps showed what exquisite taste he has in equipment :whistle: and sounded very nice.

Every room was so varied.

Some truly extraordinary ways of reproducing music.

If you're not mentioned that says more about my memory than your system.

Everybody brought something really special to the table.

Right, its time to put the glad rags on & go eat some curry with the guys at The Apurba.

Thanks to all concerned for such a very special weekend.

unclepuncle

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 11, 2007
Northants
As already posted on the 'update thread' - huge thanks to all concerned whether organinsing or exhibiting. Fantastic effort. :^

Just got back home.Immense gratitude to James, his team of helpers and of course all the exhibitors for their incredible generosity in getting their systems to Scalford.
not_worthy.gif

Agree with Tel about the Grimm speakers being show by Steelhull - very nice sound indeed.
thumbs_up.gif

The Art Alinco's with Gato amp and high spec Linn turntable being shown by htm_1968 was another highlight
thumbs_up.gif
- though the volume on some of his digital tracks was ear beleeding and frankly unnecessary.
glum.gif

JVS's system was pretty immense but then we all knew that already - those Pass Labs monos were a good find.
42.gif

I also loved MF1000's system with relatively old digital front end, Ming Da tube amps and home brew speakers and subs- lovely big room helped but it just sounded effortless and smooth, very much my kind of sound.
smile.gif

Deans (SCIDB) system sounded great as usual and again his choice of music, none of which I had ever heard of before, just got the foot tapping - please can he be given a larger room next year.
pray.gif

The reel-to-reel room was a pretty amazing site and sound too - more lights, vu meters and readouts than the starship enterprise.

jhud

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 3, 2013
Rutland
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, it was for me - even though I didn't win the Harbeths !

Highlights for me in no particular order of merit were :

Room 21, Evolution Audio - What a big ballsy sound from such small boxes and Paul and Sam are such very nice people.

Colman Room - Chelseadave never fails to deliver a system of the highest order with great synergy, those Fino horns take you right into the heart of the performance.

The Windsor Room, Lodgesound - What a stupendous sound coming from all that old tech. equipment . Made me wonder if there has been any progress at all in the last 30 years. For me, probably the most musically satisfying sounds at the show.

The Gun Room, Bandit Pilot - There is just something about Ricks H2s that do it for me. Big, big sound that I kept going back to for another listen.

Room 20, Sergeauckland - In my opinion the biggest surprise of all as I was prepared to be completely underwhelmed by those Devialet Phantom speakers and I ended up being totally bowled over by them. Stunning clarity and dynamics coming from those tiny enclosures .I really enjoyed listening to the piano and single female soprano as much as Ledzeps. STH. Many thanks to Serge and F1eng for showing them. Never met Serge before but what a really nice fellow he is .

A very big thanks to James and everyone who had a hand in organising the show. Top people , all of you.

• Upvote
Reactions: barry2tone

SergeAuckland

Certified Measurist
Wammer
May 6, 2008
Bury St Edmunds, UK
AKA
Serge
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As a regular exhibitor and visitor to all except the very first show, I agree that this was the best one yet.

A large thanks from me to the organisers, from the Show Guide (Where was Rabski?) to the badges, to the pies to the Hotel and bar (I particularly liked the Spitfire) faciltlies.

Also a note of thanks to Frank (F1Eng) for bringing his Phantoms. We didn't say anything before the show as it wasn't at all clear whether they would be deilivered in time, or work once they got here, but they were extraordinary.

Looking foward to 2016.

S

hificricketboy

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 21, 2008
W Midlands
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Can I just say thank you to everyone who made the effort to display their prides and joy. I enjoyed my day as did my 16 y.o. daughter.

Thank you all.

Dipstick

Less hirsute than before
Wammer
Sep 21, 2014
Sheffield
AKA
Des
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My first show, can I echo the thanks to James and Kevin (and everybody else who's worked behind the scenes to get it up and running).

I feel very proud to be accepted as part of this unique group and your efforts have inspired my 15 year old son to want to exhibit next year with me and eventually by himself.

Thanks to Cobbler for sharing the room and bringing his great amp. Thanks to all of the visitors to the room and the many compliments and thanks we got for our efforts.

Gromit

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2006
Yellowbellyshire
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Bloody briliant weekend - but of course we always knew it would be.

I had a ball, as I always knew I would. :)

Thanks to those who came and listened to my little rig (and even bigger thanks for all the kind comments).

AGrail

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 15, 2009
Devon
Great fun and some wonderful systems. Many thanks to everyone who went to such efforts to put together a truly unique and enjoyable event.

yoda900

Wammer Plus
Sep 20, 2005
Cheshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
BIG thanks to James, his elves and to all who exhibited. This must be the most diverse show in the UK. Some great sounds and some utterly bonkers systems.

From Reel to Reel with ancient amps and speakers, ancient Quads making a stunning outing running off a laptop, to the newest Phantoms with everything in between for good measure.

Good to meet friendly faces again.

Ticking all my personal boxes I could happily live with Chelseadaves system, not having heard the Fino horns before.

Thanks to ALL who go above and beyond to exhibit and provide us with so much enjoyment. A daunting task not to be underestimated. :notworthy:

crimsondonkey

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2008
Gets my thumbs up for best yet :^

With great thanks to the organisers, exhibitors, and the visitors who make it the truly special and unique event it is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles