Linn Owners

Best interconnect to go with Linn Urika phono stage

AlexMel

New Wammer
Apr 27, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I just received my Lp12 upgraded to Klimax specs with Urika 1 phono. As you are aware it’s not that easy to attach interconnect to it as it ends up going from the inside to outside using small opening in the base and at the same time it's also shouldn't touch suspension inside.
Dealer claimed (not sure if this is true) that Chord Sarum which I left was too thick and installed Linn Silver instead which is complete crap for that level of equipment.
Wanted to check for recommendations on such interconnect which is supposed to be relatively thin and close to the top of the line.
Previously I was using Nordost Tyr 1 as Linn tone arm cable with good results. Can currently see a decent offer on used Nordost Valhalla 1 but what about thickness and flexibility?
Regardless of price Cardas Beyond is absolutely best for my ears but is too thick and Cardas Clear is thick too.
Currently considering Audience FrontRow but again will it fit? Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You’re obviously a devout cable believer, whereas I believe in decent quality but that many are simply jewellery/foo. Personally I think the Nordost I’ve heard are too distinctive, whereas they should vanish in my book.

If you’re in the UK, then the dealer I’d most trust with this is Peter Swain who owns Cymbiosis. Elsewhere, I’m less sure, aside from the wise @ThomasOK from the USA.

Welcome to the Wam!

Coalboy68

Life in the fast Linn
Wammer
Dec 30, 2020
NE England
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I like Nordost cables but think Valhalla would be a bit inflexible, the diameter is fine though, I used Frey for my tone arm cable before moving to the Urika 1 which I used the silvers on and then moved to the Urika 2 so exakt now

Reactions: Nopiano

pirov

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 25, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I just received my Lp12 upgraded to Klimax specs with Urika 1 phono. As you are aware it’s not that easy to attach interconnect to it as it ends up going from the inside to outside using small opening in the base and at the same time it's also shouldn't touch suspension inside.
Dealer claimed (not sure if this is true) that Chord Sarum which I left was too thick and installed Linn Silver instead which is complete crap for that level of equipment.
Wanted to check for recommendations on such interconnect which is supposed to be relatively thin and close to the top of the line.
Previously I was using Nordost Tyr 1 as Linn tone arm cable with good results. Can currently see a decent offer on used Nordost Valhalla 1 but what about thickness and flexibility?
Regardless of price Cardas Beyond is absolutely best for my ears but is too thick and Cardas Clear is thick too.
Currently considering Audience FrontRow but again will it fit? Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I ran Chord Sarum RCA from Urika 1 for years without any problem (before going to Urika 2) – fantastic combination, and a substantial upgrade on Linn Silvers.

DiggyGun

DiggyGun
Wammer Plus
Jul 15, 2020
UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I use the Chord Shawline for mine. No issues with any fouling.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles