. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
USB offers the ability to use the DAC's internal clock to limit jitter that is associated with the signal from a streamer.
This is just maketing though, if you use USB the DAC's internal clock makes zero difference. We discussed this recenty here.

ChemMan

ChemMan
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Brussels
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is just maketing though, if you use USB the DAC's internal clock makes zero difference. We discussed this recenty here.
Certainly possible. I don't know other than what I've been told, but it makes sense. I'm under the assumption that when a DAC uses USB from a streamer the signal enters a brief "cache" where it is slightly delayed and reclocked by the DAC. The other connections don't "benefit" from this. Again, this is MY understanding of the process.

Reactions: tuga

ChemMan

ChemMan
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Brussels
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The problem with demos is that everything is unknown: the room, the speakers, the electronics...
I agree completely. @DomT and I were just discussing this. It's hard to understand without a comparison, especially to your own gear. Like most of us, we try and tailor make the sound to our ears in our rooms -- I'm rarely impressed with systems in shops because I don't live there. What I do notice is the idea of scale, presence, impact, speed and dynamics of the speakers.

Last edited:
Reactions: DomT and tuga

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles