Bang & Olufsen

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So after hours of test tracks playing the Opals and Beolab 6000's head to head my conclusion is????🤔

Both bring something to the party with the Opals being top dog and they work superbly where I now have them placed firing straight across the room. I did'nt think they would work that way but wow! Do they deliver or
what.

Whilst the Opals will be my serious listening speakers the position of the 8000s (see picture) gives a huge stereo soundscape with a slightly soft bass but great entertainment is to be had listening to my favourite music like Yello Kraftwerk & the like so both pairs of speakers will be kept permanently in their present position for the forseeable future. So the 8000s are where the Opals had been with the Opals moving closer together into the centre.

14E992DE-CCFB-4677-905A-699215C2F442.jpeg

Last edited:

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
One of the things I have noticed with my Beolab 6000'sactive speakers
is how vital it is to get the volume set right for the best reproduction of the music Being played even track to track😲

They will play pretty much any type of music but the heavy stuff ie Tool Mettalica Dreamtheater & stuff like that can easily get out of hand if a bit too loud.

I'd be up and down like a fiddlers elbow without my remote control phew!

I have to say I'm very happy with them and enjoy what they do a lot such a great bargain too.

Last edited:
Reactions: DomT and jkbmusic

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Unfortunately I turned my B&O 6000 speakers on this morning for a listen to Classic FM to find one speaker is'nt firing up when it senses a signal😱

I've done all the usual checks like cables power turned it on and off stopped & started the music but to no avail😟 Is it a simple fix and anyone got any ideas how to sort it please?

Bit gutted I've been enjoying listening to them.

Last edited:

jkbmusic

Staff member
Nov 25, 2006
Brittunculi
AKA
Jeff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
It could be just a loose connection 🤞. Like a computer, unplugging everything and reconnecting might solve the problem. If it’s a faulty PCB, then it‘s time for a repair.😒

Reactions: MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It could be just a loose connection 🤞. Like a computer, unplugging everything and reconnecting might solve the problem. If it’s a faulty PCB, then it‘s time for a repair.😒
I have tried all that Jeff with no joy sadly and I think your right maybe something has given up the ghost and need a repair. Mind you they have had a lot of use the last few weeks Tbh.

jkbmusic

Staff member
Nov 25, 2006
Brittunculi
AKA
Jeff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I have tried all that Jeff with no joy sadly and I think your right maybe something has given up the ghost and need a repair. Mind you they have had a lot of use the last few weeks Tbh.
If it is the PCB, eBay or Beoparts is probably your best bet as I suspect they are possibly too old to be supported by B&O

Reactions: bencat and MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Do double check that you haven't disturbed the 'L-R-LINE' switch and, even if it's in the right position, give it a waggle!
Well I finally got around to doing the above wiggle & position check to find quite a bit of crackling & popping while wiggling the switch as you mentioned Adam. Then tried playing music again and it worked but the crackling & popping continued in the background.

I decided to lay both speakers down & gave the switches a spray with some WD switch cleaner with lots of wiggling as well. Left them for a few minutes before reconnecting them & playing music happily they are both now as quiet as a quiet thing so thanks for the tip It worked.

Happy bunny again😝

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yet another bit of help from a Wammer that has saved some both frustration and money this is why I love this place .
Yep me too mate it really is quite unique this forum more like a big bunch of mates👍

Reactions: bencat

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A nice chap asked me if I’d like his parents’ old stereo as it’s getting a bit flaky playing CDs.

I feel it would have been rude to say no… F1AD0662-E1C2-49B3-846D-2ABCC41AFA84.jpeg

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Your 8000 adventures; it was an interesting read. Sorry I had thought that I had replied to your specific posts!

Oh! Right sorry It just looked a bit random but thank you 😝

Reactions: DomT

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Enjoying listening to the B&O 6000's today playing some older Yello vinyl which seems to be really suiting the speakers (could be in my head😌)

They are sounding absolutely fantastic just doing everything so well a pleasure to sit and listen to them.....

1681050898971.png

Last edited:
Reactions: jkbmusic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles