Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thank you for that in-depth reply very good.
I have seen a beogram 3000 with the Thorens looked very nice.
How do the beograms do in comparison to the likes of linn and regas.
I like the fact the with the beogram you put the record on hot the button and away you go.
The reason I put it back on is I am struggling to set up a lenco with a new plinth with an sme Tonearm. But every time I play the b&o I wonder why I bother with the others. May look for other b&o decks should of kept my beogram 4000 but was scared of breaking it.
So what do you use in you main system is it all B&O.

Personally, I'd take a Beogram 2000 with MMC4 over a Rega P3 and I'd take a Beogram 8002 with MMC2 over a Linn, but your ears may differ!

If you want the best sound quality, then it has to be a Beogram 4000, 8000 or 8002 with the highest specification cartridge you can find/afford. They are horrendously complex things, but they are perfectly fixable. You definitely should have kept your 4000!! I wish I'd kept mine... :cry:

As to my main system, although I have a house half full of B&O, the only B&O items in my main system are the TV (Beovision Eclipse) and the speakers (Beolab 90s at the front; Beolab 8000s at the rear). In addition, in the man-cave I have loads (and loads) of different equipment, but mostly use Beovox MS150.2 speakers in there.

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Another question has anyone got and use the MMC cartridge adapter to sme fitting before. If so what was it like and where did you get it from. Many thanks
I have one but I would never dream of using it.

B&O cartridges for B&O turntables ONLY!!!! 😁

justshoemark

Wammer
Dec 16, 2022
Wiltshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for the replys.
I only wanted to try it on my sme to see if it plays fine on there then I no it's a cartridge problem or an arm problem.
But yes I may look for some more b&o decks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles