"Inestimable" Reel to Reel expert
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As per the title, the next Audiojumble is to be held at the Angel Centre Tonbridge a week on Sunday which is the 5th March. Full details can be found at:-

https://www.audiojumble.co.uk/nextevent.html
I have two tables booked, 13 and 30, right in front of the entrance, look for the fool in the Wigwam polo shirt, and will be selling a range of vintage gear and possibly some cables, Peter, @orbscure, will also have a few items for sale. Others attending include @Non-Smoking Man , @toprepairman, and @Beobloke.

Unusually, there will only be one Audiojumble this year so its worth making the effort to attend and definitely say hello.

scan_0006-jpg.19995

• Upvote
Reactions: Non-Smoking Man

toprepairman

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 6, 2010
Surrey
AKA
Henry
Yes I'll be there with the usual rubbish to get rid of, er I mean with some highly desirable rare quality items.
Table 101 I think (already lost the letter that has arrived).

• Haha
Reactions: Jules_S

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Drat. And double-drat. Got plans for the 5th already, I've never been to this and would have liked to pay a visit. Ah well, another year

Hope you boys with the stalls manage to sell all your total tat covetable vintage audio ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Non-Smoking Man

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ive booked tables 35 and 36 and am taking kit and then more kit (not records this time or ever..actually..just kit).
Some will be Joolz memorium stuff.
Drop by and say hello - its a social gathering of the great, good and the potless!

Jack NSM

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Only just seen this. I’ll try to get there and say hello.

This time I think I shall mostly be on the hunt for valves of the 6SN7 & KT88 flavour, but then again you never know what will catch your attention in the piles of goodies!

Audio Al

Confirmed Super Numpty
Wammer
Nov 4, 2012
Boston, Lincs
AKA
Allen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ive booked tables 35 and 36 and am taking kit and then more kit (not records this time or ever..actually..just kit).
Some will be Joolz memorium stuff.
Drop by and say hello - its a social gathering of the great, good and the potless!

Jack NSM
Jack , Do you have a list of the remaining Joolz memorium stuff.?

Audio Al

Confirmed Super Numpty
Wammer
Nov 4, 2012
Boston, Lincs
AKA
Allen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Mmm :unsure: 320 mile round trip for me and best part of £90 in fuel + £20 to get in err my wallet hurts :confused:

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ready to load up in the morning!

C9B038F9-2D90-4A0B-999D-A7110C809C82.jpeg

(cat not included!)

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
We genuinely have a much bigger red rug that used to be there if you’re interested!

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
An enjoyable event today. Plenty of Wammers to catch up with and the usual wide range of kit to browse through. Once you hit 1.30pm the stall holders thoughts start to turn to the unwelcome task of having to re-pack and deals are there to be had.

Found a good contact for valves, although I did let out an audible whimper at the cost of proper NOS GEC KT88’s - will definitely have to sleep on that but a useful phone number to have.

Jack kindly helped with getting a refund from the neighbouring stall holder on the non working amp I bought last year, a no quibble refund was very honourable.

Some nice 6SN7’s from Jack too, a bargain Gothic Audio interconnect and a couple of records completed my ‘haul’.

A good day out.

Reactions: harv

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
One of the features of the Tonbridge event is meeting up with familiar faces (the usual suspects you might say..)
Our Robin has been doing this longer than all of us and I grabbed a chat with one person whom R had pointed out to me on a previous occasion - the head of Rega R &D.
Also, and not least, I had a good chat with Dr Graeme Hurst, better known as 'Valvebloke' or Ampregen, as we were waiting to be let in. I got a detailed report of his injuries and a series of percentage survival quotes of patients with his injuries, (head and wrist, the former bringing on a severe brain hemorrhage two weeks after the accident when he was knocked off his bike by a bus) - it came out at about 18%. He still has not recovered full use of his right wrist.
He was in good spirits despite all of this, and was manning a stall.
It was good to see him out and about again.

I was pleased to have sold some of the kit I took, especially 2 items for Joolz's widow Cathy, totalling £165. And the chap next to had some great jazz records at what was really a giveaway price and I took advantage of the fact that they were right under my nose. (That's one of the perks of being a stallholder - first dibs.)

Jack NSM

Last edited:
Reactions: lostwin

toprepairman

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 6, 2010
Surrey
AKA
Henry
Also had a great day out meeting and chatting with Jack, Graeme, Adam, Robin etc.
Managed to sell a QII set and bought some other nice bits.

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As above, a great day out and great to see all the usual faces!

I was having a good sale until right at the last minute, when Nick from the Emporium swooped in and turned it into a brilliant sale!

I also bought something I shouldn’t have, and didn’t buy something I should have. 😣

wizmax

"Inestimable" Reel to Reel expert
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Actually Henry has been involved in the Audiojumble far longer than I have and even used to run his own versions located in Leatherhead and Ashtead many years ago.

As everyone says lots of Wam faces in attendance and many good conversations were had. Sales were initially sparse, comprising low value items but enough to cover my costs so I was happy, I have always considered the event a social occasion with the possibility of getting rid of some fine items to reduce the large pile of stuff I have built up over the years.

Standing in front of my stall I see the same faces go past many times during the morning and as they glance downwards try to work out what is drawing their interest and if they are possible buyers or just trying to fill time before they go home. By about 12.00, the sale opens at 08.30 the number of people in the halls start to thin out and serious deals are sometimes done. One chap, with his friend egging him on, showed interest in my Rogers A100 amplifier - T75 tuner and MC100 head amp combination and after much toing and froing a deal was done. About 20 minutes later another chap came passed again but this time stopped to discuss the Tascam 32 Reel to Reel recorder I had for sale. He said that he had never owned one but had recently acquired about 40 reels of tape from a studio that had closed down in North London and was anxious to find out what was on the tapes, having been assured that he would not be disappointed. A deal was done and lots of £20 notes were transferred from his wallet to mine and another piece of heavy equipment did not need to be carried up the stairs when I returned home.

A good day had become a superb day that had started when the alarm went off at 04.15 and effectively finished when I got home at 18.15 via @orbscure's residence just north of the M25 and the cafe just round the corner where, not for the first time, we enjoyed a good meal.

Reactions: orbscure

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles