Wammer
Wammer
Mar 28, 2013
Napier
AKA
Andrei
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When i first heard the SCM 40 at my friends place, I hated them. The treble was piercing and coarse. I just wanted to jump off the balcony from the 13th floor 🤣🤣. But as they broke in, and with some suitable cabling, they sound astounding to my ears now :)
This happened to me when I heard some KEFs in an apartment. I immediately ran to the window and hurled myself into the void. As it turns out the listening room was on the ground floor.

AlmaAtaKZ

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 29, 2012
London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've got inserts for scm50aslt's.
The older ones that fit on the top and bottom. Not the new ones that go down the full length/side. If they are any use you are welcome to them but I live in Doncaster.
Thank you, Stewart! Very kind offer! But the boxes are already gone 😕

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I see they have a new 300W pro sub (with in-wall option) and they have discontinued the 150ELs.
They were very imposing, but I can’t imagine they sold more than a handful of the 150EL.
Thanks! I had come across the sub .... I was thinking something more commercial .... Like an update to the SCM 40 / 50 ....
... We'll see ...
I’d like a super version of the SCM40A with the S series mid and tweeter, and the option of oak or walnut cabinets.

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
With a bass port for more extension ....? But then we'll be treading into SCM 50 territory ....
@Musicraft must have some inside info ....
No, I meant the same curved box, just with the better drivers. About £9950 I reckon! Just what I’d fancy - no inside info here.

In this finish - I think it’s oak...(these are the SCM50ASLT - the Tower version. £15,550 I think, before the price rise wef today)

E90F8CC7-6AA1-4AA3-851E-4C7503A34877.jpeg

Last edited:

Kubs

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2018
Sutton, Surrey
AKA
Kub Johal
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In this finish - I think it’s oak...(these are the SCM50ASLT - the Tower version. £15,550 I think, before the price rise wef today)

That's a lovely finish. I quite like the satin White on the 40s.

No, I meant the same curved box, just with the better drivers. About £9950 I reckon! Just what I’d fancy - no inside info here.

E90F8CC7-6AA1-4AA3-851E-4C7503A34877.jpeg
That's a lovely finish. I quite like the 40s in satin white.

I need to revisit the active atc's again. Perhaps a friendly wammer can invite me round for a listen.
.... Seems like all the atc action and owners are based in the up north or the Midlands 😊

Reactions: Nopiano

Andy hunter

Wammer
New Wammer
May 22, 2013
Scotland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

I need to revisit the active atc's again. Perhaps a friendly wammer can invite me round for a listen.
.... Seems like all the atc action and owners are based in the up north or the Midlands 😊

Andy hunter

Wammer
New Wammer
May 22, 2013
Scotland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi I have just recently purchased 40a loudspeakers and have heard them with a linn klimax and really enjoyed the dem, has anyone heard the new linn selekt organik with these speakers ?

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi I have just recently purchased 40a loudspeakers and have heard them with a linn klimax and really enjoyed the dem, has anyone heard the new linn selekt organik with these speakers ?
Not I for sure, and the Selekt Organik is brand new after all. I’ve not even seen a press review yet.

I suspect my local dealer, Audio T in Bristol might have the opportunity. Where are you based?

Andy hunter

Wammer
New Wammer
May 22, 2013
Scotland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Based in Scotland bought the selekt organik classic, heard the selekt edition with the kudos t808 in Carlisle and then heard the klimax with the Atc speakers in Scotland, moving to smaller speakers from a full naim system and kudos t88 speakers, certainly differences. Played Joni mitchell at dem and almost brought me to tears, can’t wait to get the selekt to see if it’s close to the klimax

• Thanks
Reactions: Nopiano

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My dealer sent me the new price list today. Very modest rises and I thought not everything had gone up, as all between 4 and 5% according to the note.

See attached.

Attachments

• ATC Hi-Fi_November_2022_Retail.pdf
    179.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Reactions: jukemark

jukemark

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 12, 2015
Twyford, Berkshire, UK.
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I run a pair of 20aslt's with a Naim Atom HE. Sounds fab and the Walnut finish looks beautiful. I previously used 40a's but the 20's are on a different level in both sound and looks. Love 'em!

jukemark

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 12, 2015
Twyford, Berkshire, UK.
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That’s interesting, what did you find different between the 2?
The top end mainly, much sweeter. And the Bass starts and stops on a pinhead where the 40's were a little bloated and less tuneful. That SL bass/Midrange is very special! Then there is the real wood finish and proper grills...but of course, they do cost a lot more.

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The top end mainly, much sweeter. And the Bass starts and stops on a pinhead where the 40's were a little bloated and less tuneful. That SL bass/Midrange is very special! Then there is the real wood finish and proper grills...but of course, they do cost a lot more.
They sound very appealing, but sadly I haven’t heard any myself.

They aren’t ‘that’ much more in the scheme of things, I guess - using the new prices the SCM40A is £7750 and the Tower 20 actives are £9250.

And as you say, a wider range of finishes too. Any pics of yours?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles