Wammer
Wammer
Jul 2, 2015
Cornwall
AKA
Bill
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've spent alot of time the past few years searching for 'new' music. Like to find bands / artists which are under the radar but am struggling, despite the ease of finding stuff at our fingertips
Always loved the grunge / metal 90's stuff..... Nirvana, Foo's, Smashing Pumpkins, etc but am a bit confused about where my taste is going now !

The ''Listening to'' thread on here is a useful resource. Haven't found much tbh but a little while back someone posted this album and I bloody love it
Hundreds_-_Wilderness_-_Deluxe_Edition.jpg

• Mind Blown
Reactions: bigrod and JANDL100

jkbmusic

Staff member
Nov 25, 2006
Brittunculi
AKA
Jeff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Although I’ve had a couple of older albums in my collection, I’ve not got into Tangerine Dream until I recently saw them live in concert last year. Now I can’t get enough of them. Their current album Raum, and recurring dreams get played a lot.

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Although I’ve had a couple of older albums in my collection, I’ve not got into Tangerine Dream until I recently saw them live in concert last year. Now I can’t get enough of them. Their current album Raum, and recurring dreams get played a lot.
They must have one of the largest outputs of any band. I haven't bothered with them for a long time and still love their classic period of the late 70s to early 80s.

Reactions: jkbmusic

pmcuk

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 12, 2015
Kensington, London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Haven't found much tbh but a little while back someone posted this album and I bloody love it
Hundreds is a brother and sister duo from Hamburg. I interviewed them a few years ago and they were lovely. He does the music and keyboards and she writes the lyrics. You can read the interview here:

http://www.musicianspsychology.com/personal-profiles/hundreds/
That's my old website - I'm a performance psychologist for musicians and retired last year so the website is now growing weeds while I try and think of what to do with it. There's also a very interesting interview with La Roux on there. She's a very funny and entertaining person in the flesh with an encyclopaedic knowledge of past pop hits - I don't know if this comes across in her music.

http://www.musicianspsychology.com/personal-profiles/la-roux/

Last edited:
  • Mind Blown
Reactions: bilspe and JANDL100

Willie Garvin

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2009
Lives near Huddersfield sadly!!
AKA
Mick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So far these.
It's cost me a fortune though!!!!

James Arthur
Agnes Obel
Black
Andra Day
Guy Garvey
Sam Smith
First Aid Kit
Fink
Leftfield
Freya Ridings
London Grammar
Emeli Sande
Porcupine Tree
Flyte

Last edited:

bilspe

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 2, 2015
Cornwall
AKA
Bill
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hundreds is a brother and sister duo from Hamburg. I interviewed them a few years ago and they were lovely. He does the music and keyboards and she writes the lyrics. You can read the interview here:

http://www.musicianspsychology.com/personal-profiles/hundreds/
That's my old website - I'm a performance psychologist for musicians and retired last year so the website is now growing weeds while I try and think of what to do with it. There's also a very interesting interview with La Roux on there.

http://www.musicianspsychology.com/personal-profiles/la-roux/

Brilliant...... will have a browse on that site later
Have been enjoying discovering the Hundreds Duo. Having difficulty finding new stuff that I like but these just struck the right chord. A long way from my usual grunge / heavy stuff !

pmcuk

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 12, 2015
Kensington, London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Brilliant...... will have a browse on that site later. Have been enjoying discovering the Hundreds Duo. Having difficulty finding new stuff that I like but these just struck the right chord.
Probably my favourite track is Wait for my Racoon. It's brilliant, and a wonderful video. I'm a fan.

Reactions: bilspe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles