Wammer
Nov 6, 2018
London, UK
www.hoth.uk
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've just been going through the price changes for 2023 and pretty much all of it has gone up unfortunately.
I was sort of expecting an inflationary increase but you hold out hope :)
Some are quite big uptick.

I thought interestingly however that the Selekt stuff has been mostly left alone. Now you could argue that it's because they've only just arrived but I'm wondering if it's really more a product push by Linn.

I've just updated my websites with the new prices (www.hoth.uk & www.hoth.co.uk). I have UK, NL & DE so if anyone has US then please let me know, or better still send me/point me to the relevant PDF.

• Thanks
Reactions: wildwildWes

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I thought interestingly however that the Selekt stuff has been mostly left alone. Now you could argue that it's because they've only just arrived but I'm wondering if it's really more a product push by Linn.
I do actually think it was because of the relaunch/update, given that there was a fair old whack extra added then. They were factoring in what was going happen across the board I’m sure.

And frankly, five grand extra for the Edition box is bonkers! It’s priced to meet a gap in the price list, that’s all.

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was recently told by a speaker designer that there's no longer a need for something like the 3K array because modern drive unit technology can span wider frequencies without distortion.
They’ve also had issues with sourcing parts for the 3K, or so a I’ve heard.

’troll

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was recently told by a speaker designer that there's no longer a need for something like the 3K array because modern drive unit technology can span wider frequencies without distortion.
That's interesting. The last speakers that Linn released were the Series3 and Series 5. 530s are three way, with no separate super tweeter like the 3K and 2K. I recall words like "specially designed driver" in the marketing copy.

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That's interesting. The last speakers that Linn released were the Series3 and Series 5. 530s are three way, with no separate super tweeter like the 3K and 2K. I recall words like "specially designed driver" in the marketing copy.
Weren’t the 530s the first Linn speaker to be designed, specifically, to take advantage of Exakt? I’m thinking the “360s” will be, too.

’troll

Sound Man

Wammer
Aug 7, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Utopik is confirmed but what else will be confirmed soon? Will the Klimax Solo power amps be deleted?
What's the secret Linn inside news? So many questions for just a Linn music lover.
I have just read on a Linn Dealers website with regard to the Solo power supply the following " Linn Klimax Solo power supply - Linn Patented Noiseless 4 - G power supply" No mention of Dynamik. Is this old news?

Reactions: akamatsu

MickC

Expert Thread Disruptor
Wammer
Oct 8, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have just read on a Linn Dealers website with regard to the Solo power supply the following " Linn Klimax Solo power supply - Linn Patented Noiseless 4 - G power supply" No mention of Dynamik. Is this old news?
Early Solos had '4G Silent Power' PSUs, but those were replaced when Dynamik came on the scene.
Original Solos had '4G Silent Power' milled into the base as shown at the top of this picture:-

1800442-linn-klimax-solo-pair-2171698968.jpg

Later Solos factory fitted with Dynamik had 'Dynamik' milled in the same place.

Mick

Reactions: akamatsu

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles