Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Please read the following carefully:

1) any exhibitor who has had a refund please would you PM to me (Maverick) with the details, the team will be reconciling the bank account receipts and refunds. Dates refunded, amount and account details would be a big help, thanks!

2) please see the following sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HHS2Wh4s7UsMBuNILz5MQz5vGwn6cpa0SVrOqumCmAo/edit?usp=sharing

This sheet is for TWO purposes:

a) the 1st tab "Phase 1 already entered" lists those who had entries for the show cancelled last year
please confirm your requirements using the boxes in columns D to L, also full names in column B (essential)
When done please pm to me and I will lock the row

b) the 2nd tab "Phase 2 room requested (new)" is for NEW entry requests, again complete the columns, again PM to me (Maverick) for locking

NB the following:
  1. kit list, pricing etc. will come in later versions of the entry sheet
  2. IMPORTANT: anyone wanting Friday night rooms should enter on the sheet, if you try to book direct with the hotel you will pay the FULL room rate not the special discounted show rate, plus we will ensure that you have the same room on Saturday, otherwise this is not guaranteed! ;)
Our next hotel visit is this coming Monday to meet the hotel management team

cheers,
the showteam

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Also completed and when I went back in the entry was still there. As always thanks Paul await further instructions .

Reactions: Maverick

terryg1

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 19, 2012
Northampton
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I can’t seem to use this app Would like to show this year stop over Saturday and Sunday evening b fast Sunday and Monday please inform me it someone can work out the booking page for me thanks

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I can’t seem to use this app Would like to show this year stop over Saturday and Sunday evening b fast Sunday and Monday please inform me it someone can work out the booking page for me thanks
it's not an app, it uses a browser interface

I have altered please check I have it correct, as you only have given me some information for now I have assumed that you plan to exhibit and that either bed type is fine and just you alone - is this all correct?

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
and also your full name as this is a mandatory requirement

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think room size will be influential in whether I will be able to exhibit. I know that the show team are on to this, so hopefully some more details to follow after the Monday visit. The family rooms look the largest so it would be good to know how many of these are available- appreciating that others may be eyeing up the same possibility.

terryg1

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 19, 2012
Northampton
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
it's not an app, it uses a browser interface

I have altered please check I have it correct, as you only have given me some information for now I have assumed that you plan to exhibit and that either bed type is fine and just you alone - is this all correct?
Yes just me stoping over Saturday/ Sunday eve and showing will have a go again will be useing a hire van so I’m unsure how the car park pass will work thank

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think room size will be influential in whether I will be able to exhibit. I know that the show team are on to this, so hopefully some more details to follow after the Monday visit. The family rooms look the largest so it would be good to know how many of these are available- appreciating that others may be eyeing up the same possibility.
measuring tomorrow, only a couple of family rooms - most of these are on floor 3 which at present is out of bounds to us

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes just me stoping over Saturday/ Sunday eve and showing will have a go again will be useing a hire van so I’m unsure how the car park pass will work thank
the hotel car park is camera controlled (Parking Eye), the reception team will assist, you'll just need the reg number
please can you enter your full name in column B otherwise we cannot allocate a room, sorry hotel rules! PM me when done for locking

kind regards,
Paul

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As regards room size (to be measured Monday) if you look at the Hotels website you will see that most bedrooms appear to be atleast 30% - 50% larger than the average 10x12 lounge that most of us have to contend with day to day.
With this in mind I believe it should be up to the show team to allocate the 2 'larger' rooms available according to their determination of which systems would benefit the most from the additional size. Once the kit lists have been completed and the team can see what's being brought along they will be able to decide the best use of the family rooms from a sonic perspective.
Yes we'd all like a big room to show off in, but it ain't gonna happen with only 2 available. Unlike Scalford none of the rooms on offer resemble broom cupboards, with all being bigger than an average lounge. So let's just suck it up and make the best of what we're given.

Last edited:

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
John,

Many thanks for your sensible and supportive post.

If you guys had seen some of the room sizes in hotels that the team visited you would have been as despondent as we were. Stoke was the last hotel visited and it cheered us up and made us happy 150% more of the time (yes before pendants point out that is not possible, it's a GMF reference!)

Good to see the support for the exhibitors' dinner on Saturday. We are meeting the chef tomorrow and will try to agree on a sample menu (by the way they normally charge £15 for dinner and £10 for breakfast so the deal is decent)

We did also consider making it themed, e.g. ;
fancy dress? well, it might be difficult to see who was entering and Andrew (Bencat) would probably win with me a close 2nd :D
Comicon vibe? we think Nigel (Flash) would sulk if he didn't win

kind regards,
Paul

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
We did also consider making it themed, e.g. ;
fancy dress? well, it might be difficult to see who was entering and Andrew (Bencat) would probably win with me a close 2nd :D
Comicon vibe? we think Nigel (Flash) would sulk if he didn't win

kind regards,
Paul
Not so sure about Andrew winning, I reckon I'd look spectacular in my lime green mankini, cerise tutu, hobnail boots, orange fishnets and sparkly fairy wings.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Jules_S and Tony_J

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Digging out my Olaf (snowman from Frozen) onesie as I type this 😱😱😱😱😱😱

bandit pilot

Comfortably Numb
Staff member
Jul 19, 2007
North Nott's
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As regards room size...

The challenge is to make the best of what we have. It's unlikely that we will be able to replicate what we have at home.
Don't worry about it. As with all the wam shows I can remember, the systems sound great. The atmosphere is great. Everything will be great!

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As regards room size...

The challenge is to make the best of what we have. It's unlikely that we will be able to replicate what we have at home.
Don't worry about it. As with all the wam shows I can remember, the systems sound great. The atmosphere is great. Everything will be great!
Agree with this 100%. The rooms at Keggy were a challenge - just about big enough except for the fitted furniture - but we coped and the systems sounded excellent!

Reactions: MVJ and Maverick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles