Linn Owners

Akurate System Hub - digital output format

Lupolux

New Wammer
Jan 14, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello there,

my question relates to the digital output format of the Akurate System Hub, when used with Apple Airplay as a source, via streaming.

I have the Digital Output Mode on the Akurate System Hub set to Fixed Sample rate : 192 kHz instead of RAW.

My set-up consists of the Linn Akurate System Hub linked digitally to KII-Audio 3 Speakers, i.r. the signal goes digitally from the Akurate System Hub to the KII speakers, so the KII's DA converters are used to convert back to analog.
As sources i use a Pioneer SACD CD-Player, a Project turntable for those old vinyls, and TIDAL in HiFi quality.
I also use the Roon Arc app to stream from TIDAL, via Apple Airplay.

I have noticed that the Roon app converts everything to a sampling rate of 44,1 kHz for output via Airplay. Now this seems a bit limiting, as there is content available on Tidal with much higher sampling rates.

Can anyone help to enlighten me on this, and possibly point to a way of increasing the sampling rate that the Roon app sets ?

Thanks !

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
AFAIK the 44.1/16 limitation is with Airplay, although I have seen 48/16 mentioned before.

Lupolux

New Wammer
Jan 14, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You're right, thanks ! Those computer audio transmission formats all seem to be focussing on 44.1 kHz.
I found a way around the problem by using the Roon remote app instead of Roon ARC. That way i can set the transmission format differently in the Roon core, using the Ethernet connection instead of AirPlay to transmit to the Linn Akurate hub.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles