A Huge Thank You from Linn

Jim Liddell

New Wammer
Feb 13, 2017
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi folks, just wanted to thank everyone who attended our sessions, and of course the organisers for putting on a fantastic show. We all had a thoroughly good time and enjoyed meeting you all. If anyone has any feedback we'd love to hear it.

linn.JPG

We are currently processing all the questionnaires and hope to send out the invites in due course to those of you who signed up. Look out for an email from hello@exakt.design. We will make an announcement here once they are all sent out.

Last edited by a moderator:

edd9000

Listens to graphs.
Wammer
Feb 13, 2013
Spalding
AKA
Edd
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Very enjoyable demo session. 

Definatly room for more graphs :)  

G

Very enjoyable demo session. 

Definatly room for more graphs :)  
The dem i went to someone was suffering from premature remote systemitis . I want to see my graphs in the correct order lol 

rv295

Chat Bot
Wammer
Sep 13, 2015
Sheffield
AKA
Ross
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've emailed some feedback and comments to hello@ but I wanted to publicly thank you all for coming along and putting on a great demo. The results were great, the differences obvious and I know there is a lot more you could have done but it sounded exactly like an honest demo and what I was expecting to hear. 

I'm excited to find out what comes of it all.

Cambs12

Apr 11, 2010
Cambridgeshire
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jim, it was a pleasure to meet you guys. It sounds a very interesting product, and I look forward to hearing more about it over the coming months. One question I should have asked, but forgot, was are there plans to roll this out over more speakers ?

orangeart

KJF Audio Ltd
HiFi Trade
Jan 21, 2014
Warwick (ish)
AKA
Stefan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hey Jim, as i said on the day, it's great to see you guys getting involved at this level without the marketing team tagging along. As promised I'll send you guys some feed back.....When i get time...

Stefan

MelodyMan

New Wammer
Jan 25, 2017
London
AKA
Dean
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Jim, I enjoyed your presentation and found it inspirational as a first introduction to digital active crossover and liner phase speaker design. Along with seeing some of the other DIY digital active systems on display at the show it now inspires me to try this approach myself.  For an amateur DIYer the idea of escaping the constraints of physical crossovers and swapping solder for sine wave charts is both daunting and revelatory. Thanks for the insights and I look forward to hearing about the next stage.

Dean

sunbeamgls

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 19, 2011
North Wales
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Great demo guys, and like others have said, refreshingly free from marketing.

I must also add that it was great of you to get into the whole spirit of the show - DIY speakers, problems with the room acoustics, carrying other people's gear, loads of time consuming beer and curry.  Honorary Wammers I'd say :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Upvote
Reactions: TheFlash

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great meeting all you guys from Linn. I loved the demo, especially as I now have active speakers, certainly food for thought. Thanks for coming, and getting the whole ethos of the show.

lindsayt

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 19, 2009
Huddersfield, , Unit
Thank-you for coming down to Scalford, doing the demos and workshops and offering to make your Exakt software tools available for FREE!

Would these invites be open to anyone that wasn't able to come to the show and therefore fill in a questionnaire? EG by emailing you? Just thinking that I know of people who weren't there that would be interested in this?

Jim Liddell

New Wammer
Feb 13, 2017
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
One question I should have asked, but forgot, was are there plans to roll this out over more speakers ?
I think this may have been covered in the workshop, but in addition to selecting from the list of available speakers, you can create your own. This means you can target *any* loudspeakers, even DIY.

Jim Liddell

New Wammer
Feb 13, 2017
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Would these invites be open to anyone that wasn't able to come to the show and therefore fill in a questionnaire? EG by emailing you? Just thinking that I know of people who weren't there that would be interested in this?
This initial batch of invites are exclusive to those who attended the presentations. However, those who accept an invite will have the ability to send a limited number of additional invites themselves, so you might be able to get an invite from someone else on the forums...

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks guys for coming to the show and putting in so much time and being part of the Show and acting like Wammers (complement). The whole presentation/workshop worked really and was most illuminating. As I mentioned it may be great to highlight the room correction part of the software to give people an intro to what the software can do. Once people hear how effective that is then they could get tempted to leave the shallow end. It certainly made a difference in my Klima/Renew when I had one. 

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great to meet you all, and well done on putting on a demo aimed at enthusiasts, rather than a bland sales pitch. Pleased to see all the positive feedback here, it's well deserved. 

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Plus, all the Linn guys were 'same as us'. In the bar, helping to carry stuff. Really excellent.

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
many thanks from me, sadly I never made a session due to room duties (guarding kit for my room mate the hungover zombie)

you seem decent blokes and mucked it, you did more for Linn's reputation here than 1 million ads

(disclaimer I have a Linn TT and still happy with it >25 years later)

now . . . . sober? all relative! maybe we adopt Wam standards of measure? bit like The Register:https://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/24/vulture_central_standards/

now they have a convertor  https://www.theregister.co.uk/Design/page/reg-standards-converter.html

so I'll start, what is the conversion rate for 1 Rabski to 1 James?

(yes I know it's off topic, but heck it's nearly Friday)

sunbeamgls

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 19, 2011
North Wales
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I've emailed some feedback and comments to hello@ but I wanted to publicly thank you all for coming along and putting on a great demo. The results were great, the differences obvious and I know there is a lot more you could have done but it sounded exactly like an honest demo and what I was expecting to hear.

I'm excited to find out what comes of it all.
Please see also www.speakerfilters.com

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles