The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

oldius

Updates please

Raffle time.

The 5lb pie has gone

if there is a mins silence for John, could you post when?

Maybe too hard???

Ta if you can

That's lovely.

There was a minutes applause after the raffle.

:^

First & most importantly, many thanks to James & helpers for organising such a brilliant show this year. The Show is a wonderful, informal & friendly initiative.

Now, 3 favourite rooms (in no particular order):

Baggawire's room with the Modwright amp & Yamaha NS1000M speakers - rockin'

Bmtell's room with the Technics Sp10 deck, 300B monoblocks and Living Voice OBX-R speakers. I'm not familiar with any of this stuff but it just works together, beautifully.

htm_1968's room with the high spec Linn LP12, Gato DIA 250 amp & ART Alnico 8 speakers in walnut. Those ARTs have a clarity & resolution that very few others possess (not that I'm biased or anything...)

Great show, great day.

Many thanks to everyone who made the effort to either organise the show or to haul their kit to Scalford and set it up for the day.

Best regards, FT

Hi,

Been busy trying out that new online game 'Swatting'.......... Let me know how it goes down there ;-)

Looks like the deck of a 70s spaceship and sounds out of this world does the Lodgesound reel to reel room.

Just got back home.

Immense gratitude to James, his team of helpers and of course all the exhibitors for their incredible generosity in getting their systems to Scalford.:notworthy:

Agree with Tel about the Grimm speakers being show by Steelhull - very nice sound indeed. :^

The Art Alinco's with Gato amp and high spec Linn turntable being shown by htm_1968 was another highlight:^ - though the volume on some of his digital tracks was ear beleeding and frankly unnecessary.:nup:

JVS's system was pretty immense but then we all knew that already - those Pass Labs monos were a good find.:nerves:

I also loved MF1000's system with relatively old digital front end, Ming Da tube amps and home brew speakers and subs- lovely big room helped but it just sounded effortless and smooth, very much my kind of sound.:)

Deans (SCIDB) system sounded great as usual and again his choice of music, none of which I had ever heard of before, just got the foot tapping - please can he be given a larger room next year.:upgrade:

The reel-to-reel room was a pretty amazing site and sound too - more lights, vu meters and readouts than the starship enterprise.

• Upvote 1

Excellent Andy, thanks!

Favourite rooms:

SCIDB - as always manages to make everything sound great!

MF1000 - fantastic bass and loads of presence

bandit pilot and brumjams impulses. - both systems were effortless.

gromits- again... He has some kind of magical touch to make little Royds sound brilliant with modest electronics.

Russ abbots brother- massive scale and presence.

BMtell's Living voice OBX and 300b monos were spot on.

Chevrons Active Yamaha NS1000s were banging it out.

Ians croft / Harbeths sounded sweet.

Great at show again :) well done everyone.

MF1000 was my best of show, truly stunning sound! My idea of perfection.

Lots of other nice systems on show, some got a little loud though :P The walls of Scalford really struggle to keep things together at time.