unclepuncle

Vitus Audio Private Members Club - No jeans or trainers!

Folks,

A long shot, but if anyone has or knows of a Vitus SS-101 for sale, please let me know.

Many thanks

Steve

Although I got my Vitus RS-100 delivered to me from Italy, this was done through using ebay and paid by paypal plus the gentleman had a few other interesting hifi pieces for sale that made me determine he would be a genuine good clean seller.

You have to be careful especially from countries such as those advertising from Italian retail websites at low ball prices.

There are about 4 sites I know of that are based around europe that I would use outside of the Ebay realm.

Also large amounts of money usually equal to a meet up, checking out/test , payable transfer using a nearby bank then physically collecting with a firm handshake once the money has shown to have gone through.

btw hifibrker has a mkII going if that's the sort of money you are looking to pay out steve.

Guys

Thanks for the comments.

Paul,  I was scouring Europe before putting something on here, and as Don says, I've found it to be a real minefield. 

I've bought abroad a lot in the past, but never have I experienced any kind of scam until I started looking for one of these - there have been several and some have been very well thought out - quite scary. And yes, Italy has been guilty !

Thanks for heads up Don. I've talked to them about that mk2 but I feel it's seriously overpriced. Maybe that's the going rate for a genuine one :).

Currently using a SS-010, which I love, into Wilson Sophias, but I think they would really shine with a little bit more power, hence SS-101.

So the search continues !

Cheers, Steve

Edited by Buffalo

I'm expecting to join the club in December - RI-100. I'll be feeding it via Melco N1ZH2 and Mirus Pro dac; then through Naim Super Lumina into Dynaudio Contour 60's. What balanced XLR's are folks using other than HFC? Has anyone done the Entreq grounding exercise and what were the results? Thanks, Ian

Edited by eagle3333

I think a fairly neutral cable is best. I am using a pure silver Litz into my SIA-025 from Yannis Tome. Speaker cable is Audience AU24SE. I am deploying chassis rather than input grounding. Class A is where the magic is with Vitus but I understand it is a step up from the RI 100. I enjoy the richness of tone that brought me back to solid state. 

Eagle333, I use TQ Black between my RI-100 and ARTs. I had to buy something else after an hour using my existing naca5 - like dragging nails down a blackboard. Obviously S Lumina in a different class to naca but it might be worth borrowing a pair of something different to have on hand, just to ensure you’re getting the best from your amp.

Guys,

A shameless plug, but I now have my Vitus SS-010 mk2 up for sale on HiFiforsale, having finally found an SS-101.

I will be advertising it on here as soon as I can work out how !

If anyone is remotely interested, by all means drop me a PM.

Thanks, Steve

Edited by Buffalo

A Vitus owners club!  Nice.  I'm a fully fledged Vitus convert...may I come in?

8 hours ago, Duckworp said:

A Vitus owners club!  Nice.  I'm a fully fledged Vitus convert...may I come in?

Of course and welcome to The Wam , when you get a chance fill in your kit details :^

Could any SIA-025 owners out there help me in my search for a good speaker?

I have the Vitus SIA-025 integrated amp and am having trouble finding a pair of good speakers to work with them. My room is around 16’ x 13’ with speakers firing across the room.   The speakers have to be near the rear wall. Unfortunately I have a bass boom problem in the mid-bass frequencies and have found many ported speakers present a problem.  The low 25W-100Woutput of the Vitus seems to prevent some speakers working to their potential too. 

I am interested to hear what others have found work well. 

Currently I have a pair of B&W 804D which are ok in the bass department, but I know I can get so much more out of the Vitus. Some of the speakers I have demoed at home are listed below and some sound so much better than the B&Ws - apart from the bass issues. So far I have demoed in my room:

Wilson - Sasha (certain bass frequencies presented a problem in my room on many recordings. Speaker sounded great in other respects)

Sonar Faber - Guarneri (sounded a little thin and they also boomed despite being a small 2way speaker)

Avalon Transcendent and Avalon Idea (both sounded wonderful but bass was a problem with both)

Wilson Benesch Endeavour- no bass issues and sound great at volume. But the low power of the SIA does not seem to drive enough current to get them really working. At low volumes they sound dead.  

Proac K-6.  These sounded so smooth and wonderful with their ribbon tweeter. But bass was a big problem.  

I am due to try a Magico S3 ii in April at home but I see they require 50W, so I’m not sure the Vitus will drive them sufficiently.  

And I am due to listen to a Tidal Piano at my dealers home soon too. 

Any other SIA 025 owners out there with rooms on the small side who have found something which really gets the best out of the amp?

My source is a Vitus SCD-025. I am in the UK. 

Thanks for reading.

Super Dealer

It sounds as if the problem is not the speakers but your room itself, you need to acoustically measure your room and discover exactly what is happening, then you can treat the problem.

Or you could try loudspeakers which have built in ‘boundary filters’ which allow you to change the speakers output depending upon their position, bass is reinforced when the speakers are placed close to a wall and even more so at a wall/corner. 

Keith

I'd suggest the same as above. Stop wasting time on a journey looking for that one speaker until your room issue is resolved. I too had a major headache with my ported isobaric Neats in my old house. They didn't work well on the suspended wooden floor.

I have since moved house and music is now in a room much smaller in dimensions than before (13' x 11') but with a solid concrete floor. Bass boom eliminated, albeit with some careful positioning of some bass traps and they sound like a completely different speaker. Otherwise I'd have looked seriously in to room treatments for my old room.

Room needs sorting first, then search... Good luck.

1 hour ago, parcelmonkey said:

I'd suggest the same as above. Stop wasting time on a journey looking for that one speaker until your room issue is resolved. I too had a major headache with my ported isobaric Neats in my old house. They didn't work well on the suspended wooden floor.

I have since moved house and music is now in a room much smaller in dimensions than before (13' x 11') but with a solid concrete floor. Bass boom eliminated, albeit with some careful positioning of some bass traps and they sound like a completely different speaker. Otherwise I'd have looked seriously in to room treatments for my old room.

Room needs sorting first, then search... Good luck.

Thanks for your replies.  I do have a suspended wooden floor too.  Unfortunately the room is mainly a family room so room treatment isn't possible, I should have said that.  Real life gets in the way!

Super Dealer

You don’t have to use passive acoustic treatment, indeed the problem is almost certainly low bass standing waves , you can treat these really simply electronically .

The first step is acoustic measurement .

Keith

Edited by PuritéAudio