MELTON MOWBRAY SPEED CAMERA ALERT. Its nailed wammers before.

gatso.jpg

http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/database/EML/eml040.htm

GatsoNearest Town/village: Melton Mowbray

Road Name: A607 Norman Way

Direction of Camera: Eastbound

Speed Limit: 30mph

Speed Camera Details: Gatso speed camera located next to car dealership, just past Scalford Road traffic lights. Facing eastbound in the direction of traffic flow.

Thanks Steve. I will be driving way too fast for it to catch me.....

:^. I wonder if I can invoke stealth mode

I'll be too lost to find it, but taa for the heads up.

• Upvote 1

Do you guys know if this camera works? Know anyone who has been flashed and actually got a ticket in the post? I got flashed last night as I thought the speed limit was 40 and was just curious.

Super Wammer
Do you guys know if this camera works? Know anyone who has been flashed and actually got a ticket in the post? I got flashed last night as I thought the speed limit was 40 and was just curious.

No Idea, although I have never known anyone get caught by it!

Yeah I saw it aswell but didn't see it last night. Was first time driving around that area so had no idea. Thought it was a 40 and was doing 37-38. Oh well, guess I play the waiting game now. Thanks anyway guys.

Don't know if they are still about, but you use to be able to buy a device called 'Snooper'. It detected the radar signal transmitted from the camera. It'd beep if it detected the radar transmissions. It was surprising how many cameras weren't working when I had one. The cynical in me still wouldn't go above the limit just in case!

It definitely flashed twice so I guess it works, my question is if it actually has film in it. I know there are 21 cameras round the whole of Leicestershire and due to cost cuts they don't always change the film in them (48% of them work). Like I said, it's just gonna have to be a waiting game.

Just want to put this one out there, as they say, no idea is too crazy.

It's a 30 zone, you could try just going at the speed limit regardless of whether there is a camera there which might or might not be working :?

• Upvote 1

It definitely flashed twice so I guess it works, my question is if it actually has film in it. I know there are 21 cameras round the whole of Leicestershire and due to cost cuts they don't always change the film in them (48% of them work). Like I said, it's just gonna have to be a waiting game.

I thought a lot of them were digital these days?

Sadly i think there's only one way you'll find out. Sit and wait.

Oh and bad luck. It does look very 40mph down there.

Its near the new Travel Lodge.

Very easy to get flashed as there's 2 lanes.

Got my missus, who drives slowly, a while back & she had to go to The Naughty Boys & Girls Speeding Class*

*another revenue earner.