GR1

Directions to Scalford using Satnav.

I'm coming to Scalford this Sunday for the first time. In the back of my mind is the idea that to find the venue with Satnav I would need to put in a post code different from that of Scalford Hall. I can't find any info in the search area - what is the best post code to put into a Satnav?

Cheers.

If you are coming from the south you will be fine, all the landmines and vehicle traps are set up for those coming from the north.

Alternatively just print off the instructions from the hotel website

And just don't turn left, I once turned left and ended up in the countryside.......... not good

For those ( like me ) who dont use Sat Nav, here is a little help.

It is easy.

Get yourself into Melton.

From the south it will likely be the 607

" " north " " " " " .....................606

" " west " " " " " ......................6006.

The folks who get into trouble are the ones coming from the North, who turn left from the 606 too soon. ;-) and end up in the back of beyond. Want an easy life ? Go down to Melton.

These roads all meet at a big junction, with traffic lights, in Melton.

GO EAST at this junction/lights. Its the 607.

AFTER about 100yds (and this is a big clue to success)

TURN LEFT into SCALFORD ROAD !!!!!!! Its the first left from lights at main junction

Now you are sorted/laughing. Keep going until you see signs for SCALFORD HALL, on the left. You cant miss it.

PS. those from the East. You are on your own! You'll be fine.

Just wait for the big set of lights, then reverse the 100 yds back along the main road until you can turn right up Scalford road ! May be best to sound your horn whilst reversing. That is a busy road. ;-)

Remember when leaving on the Sunday, if travelling down South, to follow the road back to Melton Mowbray, and not turn off down a country lane as you will end in a field, like a few wammers did on the first show :D

or, just come in a land rover, follow the sat nav to the field, and keep going. A co pilot with binoculars standing on the roof shouting directions at you will help in this.

Replace trashed wire fences after arriving.

The getting there has never been a problem but the journey home is where I seem to get confused if using a sat nav. Last year no sat nav no problems.