Borats Baby

Chilli con Carne

I would also add a tin of kidney beans and a half size tin of baked beans too.

Needs chocolate, corriander leaf and lime zest 'n' juice too. Take the stout out me thinks and drink it instead :)

Oh...and use chuck steak/diced stewing beef instead of mince.

Oh...and only put the beans in approx 10 mins before the end of cooking time - beans absorb flavour, but don't release it.

Oh...and Habanero chillies too which just taste amazing in a slow-cooked C-c-C. :)

Bacon and some sort of beer are the key ingredients:^ Cocoa powder or bitter chocolate are nice additions. Adding toppings at the table (shredded/crumbled cheese, chopped cilantro, diced raw onion/scallion, sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, lettuce, etc.), definite yes.

Chili is always better the next day:)

I normally do:

Mince

Onions

Garlic (lots)

Cumin

Chorizo (fry off a bit)

Chilli (Scotch Bonnet or such)

Tomato paste

Tomatoes (Chopped/Plum/Fresh/Whatever)

Beef stock

Chocolate or brown sugar (add to just take the edge off)

Kidney beans (add late)

Salt

Pepper

Beer, baked beans, etc. all good, too.

As for quantities, you'll have to figure it out.

Chocolate/cocoa is the one :^. And fuck off the animal bits and replace with grated tempeh, and you're onto a winner.

Mine is similar to Pete's except I use chilli powder, coriander root (finely chopped) and ground cumin and coriander seeds. Chocolate is a must and quality beef stock makes a difference. I usually use smoked bacon too but want to try the chorizo... I put quite a lot of chilli powder in early and then drop a single scotch bonnet in when all the ingredients are together and then take it out at the end. This adds the high note of heat while the powder makes it earthy. I made one with diced neck fillet a while ago instead of mince which was fantastic... I have also been experimenting with cooking in the oven at a low heat for hours. Seems to work:^

With the Chorizo, you'll need to experiment, there are several different varieties, some have been better than others. I also find chillis make a big difference - scotch bonnets are quite fruity while normal finger chillis are a just peppery and not that flavoursome. Habaneros are a good bet, though I've not tried them in my own, yet. I'll have to try coriander. Might try some star anise sometime as well. I've also been know to throw in paprika and cayenne pepper on occasion.

With the Chorizo, you'll need to experiment, there are several different varieties, some have been better than others.

:^

Text just in from Walthamstow from someone reading the thread. Just one word... Chipotle. Sounds good to me! :love: