orangeart

DIY rooms

I will have my Speakers and Pass Aleph clones in Syndicate 23.

D300-1-0067_zpsawsfiatj.jpg

Room 226 features Anatoly's design standmounts that I had delight in hearing during their test run-produced many ticks on my hifi measures-------

clarity ,subtlety , and agility

in all areas of audio repro.with super detail .

I do hope the room itself is kind .And that sentiment is to all exhibitors .

Room 237 will have a two board DDDAC fed by a Beaglebone black in a battered case that confirms it could only be DIY.

Super Wammer

Rutland Room with DIY Cambridge R50 transmission line Bass (Inc twin B139 drivers) & Fostex Back Loaded full range horns with phase plugs and damped driver chassis

Modified Roksan Attessa DP2 CD Transport

Syndicate 2 (1st floor) - wonderous DIY speakers by Matt / fatmarley --- I just hope he finishes them in time! :upgrade::D

Yay - Matt reports that the speakers are done and are now getting a pro paint job. :shock:

:oj:

Errrr - The "pro paint job" didn't work out very well, so it's now a diy paint brush job :(

Oh dear, what happened?

Oh dear, what happened?
Oh dear, what happened?

The guy doing it, is a car body sprayer and had no experience with spraying MDF. So, even though he'd sprayed them with diluted pva glue and then sprayed them with an mdf sealer/undercoat, the finish was very lumpy and wasn't covering very well (the edges are very rough). He obviously didn't know that he should have sanded between coats. He was only doing it as a returned favour and we were running out of time, so I don't blame him.

I've been sanding them with a rotary sander (240 grit) and they are much smoother but I'm having to use a gloss roller to paint them and it's not looking good (orange peel + runs).

room 223

If DIY electronics counts, a Philips cd723 with diy discrete current to voltage stage in transistors, also a (completed today) Rotel CD950 with a single triode for each channel, current to voltage stage, with bypassed internal opamp. These will feed into my home made and designed directly heated triode pre amplifier.

The CD player output stage mods are similar to the lampizator mods, and really transform the sound of the CD players.

I am also using some DIY low inductance speaker cables, (Goertz make low inductance cables, and sound similar!!).

room 223

If DIY electronics counts, a Philips cd723 with diy discrete current to voltage stage in transistors, also a (completed today) Rotel CD950 with a single triode for each channel, current to voltage stage, with bypassed internal opamp. These will feed into my home made and designed directly heated triode pre amplifier.

The CD player output stage mods are similar to the lampizator mods, and really transform the sound of the CD players.

I am also using some DIY low inductance speaker cables, (Goertz make low inductance cables, and sound similar!!).

That definately counts !

I've almost stopped messing with the electronic side if t things the last year or two but love to have a look at other folks mods.

What room?

The guy doing it, is a car body sprayer and had no experience with spraying MDF. So, even though he'd sprayed them with diluted pva glue and then sprayed them with an mdf sealer/undercoat, the finish was very lumpy and wasn't covering very well (the edges are very rough). He obviously didn't know that he should have sanded between coats. He was only doing it as a returned favour and we were running out of time, so I don't blame him.

I've been sanding them with a rotary sander (240 grit) and they are much smoother but I'm having to use a gloss roller to paint them and it's not looking good (orange peel + runs).

Bummer!

MDF is a bit of a pain and if he's used to cars he must have been pulling his hair out! I normally use a sanding sealer in the end grain and then the MDF sealer, then a high build primer before paint, still a pain though.

Still we've come to listen not look. ;)

They probably won't be playing much on the Sunday but I'll be in the Simpson Room long with Wayne with my NCores in CNC cases and Adam who did the machining is also coming along with his DIY ATC100 based speakers with different tweeters and curved cabinets.