The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

take5

Finding your way around scalford - a guide

You can try it if you want, but do you really want to see Bandit P when he is upset.

The last person that upset Rick ended up looking something like this :D

knots-78359274419338_2112_22332437-300x264.gif

Just to be really annoyingly pedantic - there is a third way :D

Through the Butler's Pantry into the Gun Room by way of the connecting door, then out of the Gun Room into the new wing :^

I can go off people.:off:

A polite notice for anyone considering using the Gun Room as a corridor, I have a particular set of skills!

I didn't read it properly Kev - mind you, I can just about find my way around, so no need anyway.

The connecting door was open the year that I was in the Butler's Pantry - Serge was next door in the Gun Room.

Yes, and had to put up with all and sundry walking through my room to get elsewhere. Considering most had just been dazed by Wilson Watt/Puppies at 120dB SPL, they weren't very compos-mentis, or rather, their mentis was compost.

Stun grenades wouldn't have been so effective!

S

As Brian said, note a few rooms you don't want to miss and others that you would like to see. If you arrive at a busy time like late morning, head straight to the one furthest away and work back against the flow of the crowd. My top tip is always dive into any room that is playing something you know and like, no matter what kit is in there. Oh and bust a few moves when the music takes you.

they weren't very compos-mentis, or rather, their mentis was compost.

Stun grenades wouldn't have been so effective!

S

:rofl:

I found the alcohol fumes in some rooms amazing on the Sunday ......... I guess over use of stylus cleaner ...:whistle:

head straight to the one furthest away and work back

Best tip Ive heard so far.

The furthest away room would be room 238 on the 1st floor.

I understand this is a "must see/hear room".

Two young, friendly hosts are bringing some lovely kit along, and a wide selection of music. Very open to visitors bringing their own Jazz along, for a listen on a very tasty system.

Dont miss this room. Form on orderly line. No pushing at the back.

I found the alcohol fumes in some rooms amazing on the Sunday ......... I guess over use of stylus cleaner ...:whistle:

Indeed, I had six pints of it last year :pint:

Super Wammer
........Oh and bust a few moves when the music takes you.

'Cos there's sure to be someone with a phone ready to video it, for our later enjoyment !

k

Well .... I'm booked into a nearish hotel on Sat night ...... I'll nip along an give a hand setting up if anyone needs it ....

Well .... I'm booked into a nearish hotel on Sat night ...... I'll nip along an give a hand setting up if anyone needs it ....

When I was there on the Saturday last year it was bedlam with al the kit moving al over the place. I'm very grateful that I've got an easy access room for my first go at exhibiting. I cant imagine there'd be a queue of willing volunteers lined up to carry any of my stuff. It's all heavy!

Be good to put faces to names though ..... I'll nip over for a pint and a nosy .......

If you go out of the "Fire Door" (when permitted ;-)) you will find a small pond.

Walk round this seven times widdershins (anticlockwise) while reciting the Lord's Prayer backwards (in Latin) and you will be granted access to the HELL DIMENSION.

This is where all the best rooms are. :D

Getting back out is harder. :(

I got half way down the first page and now I am lost :doh:

Two young, friendly hosts are bringing some lovely kit along........

11.jpg