Vinyl Art

Room 228, BobC - LP delight:)

Well with a few weeks to go most of the kit is now sorted and a hundred odd records have gone through the cleaner, am so organised this year it is almost embarrassing.

Main equipment will be; a pair of very early Mk1 Kef 104/2s with Cube equaliser, a pair of AirTight 211 monoblocks, SJS 1.5 pre, 2 x SJS phono (one of each type), a couple of SS phono stages, Hashimoto SUT, carts - Nag MM MP500, Koetsu Black, Supex D900MkII, Arms - SME M2 12J, SME 312s special, SPJ Lyra, TTs Garrad 301 x 2, Cusworth Sig Plinth, Bastin Plinth, SJP Alba and a special TT tba.

Far more importantly the music will be eclectic to say the least but 1980s and early 1990s LPs will major and a growing Black Sabbath Vertigo collection. Some Jazz, Classical and Film soundtracks and more than a few 12" 45rpm LPs and singles. Would be interested to hear NEMS Black Sabbath albums so bring them along if you would like to, especially on the Sat night.

I'll have about a hundred or so records there so feel free to choose from that lot or, of course, any record you bring along will get a play if you wish, although I may truncate a full side of Classical recordings. I am more than happy to chew the fat over record collections, issues and pressings, keen to pick your minds on lots of topics:)

Come and say hello, see you soon.

Bob you're spoiling us, thank you.

I look forward to having a chat. At Windsor a couple of years ago I was drooling over the beauty of your creations and now as I'm looking to change my TT I might get some good, if costly, ideas.

Brian, seriously mate, I know you will be very busy on the Saturday evening setting up your own room so please don't feel obliged to bring a few records along. We can always catch up with records in say twenty years time or so:)See you there at the weekend Chris.Ferroro Rocher at Scalford, like strawberies to pigs!

Brian, seriously mate, I know you will be very busy on the Saturday evening setting up your own room so please don't feel obliged to bring a few records along. We can always catch up with records in say twenty years time or so:)

Bob, Im not coming down until the Sunday morning. But dont worry, I dont want you to feel that you have missed a chance to hear some good stuff.

I could set off a little earlier and be knocking at your door about 7.45 am. Cuppa in one hand and some Jazz classics in the other. Thank me later.

A mouth-watering selection there Bob, really looking forward to your room :^

I'll have cake:)

that's all well and good, but will we get any????????? :)

i'd suggest taking a sign for the door in case you play '11 minutes of misery in north africa', so discerning folk can stay away ;-)

that's all well and good, but will we get any????????? :)

Well, Bob very kindly gave me a country slice last year. It was great.

Sadly, I believe Stu didnt get one. Not that Im one to open old wounds..... or gloat.

Stu, I would suggest waiting at his door at 9.55 on the Sunday.

Bob and I will have had our fill of country slices and you may be lucky and get the scraps.

Would be interested to hear NEMS Black Sabbath albums so bring them along if you would like to, especially on the Sat night.

I've just had a poke through the shelves and I appear to have 'Black Sabbath' on NEMS, A1/B1 in the dead wax. Also available on 8-track. Doesn't look too bad to the eye.

I will endeavour to put it in the car.

I thought I had a Vertigo Paranoid, but apparently not.

Paul